• Puts others in danger

Lots of people throw the argument of "Its not the dog its the owner!!". I frankly don't care what the problem is. If its a bad owner- the owner isn't always the one to pay for it. There are many accounts of pit bulls attacking the owner's small children, attacking neighbors, attacking children of neighbors, getting loose and attacking someone on the street, etc. Those people don't deserve to die due to a bad owner.

I don't believe pitbulls are always the problem. But they are a more aggressive breed than others. Other breeds can attack people too, sure. But tell me why pitbulls are by FAR the most likely to attack someone. They are bred to be aggressive in many circumstances. I don't care if you have a nice pitbull. Other people have pitbulls that will keep on killing innocent people young and old. Would you let people keep dangerous snakes with the risk of it getting loose and attacking someone?

Laws sometimes exist for safety. Pitbulls should be banned over safety. You can't ban a vicious owner. You can ban the dog that the vicious owner owns that will take someone's life.

• Bye bye bulls

My best friend's brother was mauled by a pit bull who was raised with care and love. Something random just set it off and it attacked. After many generations of violently raised dogs have puppies, the violence could carry down making it a vicious dog even when raised from a puppy with care and love. Sure the breeders were originally responsible for the grandparent dog's violence but not for the puppy's.

• Not all Pit bulls are bad mean dog. I used to know a Pit bull name Star she was very nice.

I love Pit bulls they are the best how would you like your best friend taken away forever just because others like him/her are bad and everybody hates them. A dog is a mans best friend just like my dog Goldie who is friends with her. They are the best ever. YA

• Of course they should be BANNED

Why can't I keep a lion? I could train it really well so other animals including humans don't look like food. I'm going to keep it in my yard with my invisible fence so it won't get out....No you say? The lion and the pitbull ate basically the same, except the pit bull was bred that way for sport, the lion evolved that way. Pit bulls are killing machines....Hide their aggression, quick to fight, won't retreat, won't let go, strong jaws, don't feel pain.

• They need to be bred out.

Pit bulls and all other dangerous dogs should be bred out to get rid of their aggressive gene instincts. To do this, these dogs need to breed with only friendly Labrador, Newfoundland type species.

Now I know some people will say that it's just the owners fault for raising the dog up harsh, but if you know what morality is, it is not just the environment. This is because it's not just upbringing, but it's in the genes aswell. Pit bulls are much more likely and easily to become aggressive than a lab in the same upbringing.

I say to those that want the same breed, stop sitting on your arse and not getting anywhere to solve the problem, or get the job done. Stop thinking that it's just the owners because the fact is bad owners want to buy these dogs and although not every buyer of this breed is bad, the fact is we can't tell what the buyer would be mean to the dog and it's way easier to make this dog aggressive.

• Way too risky to have as house pets.

The stats are clear. They make up only approx. 6% of the dog population yet are responsible for well over 50% of all deaths of humans by dog. They are also responsible for way over 50% of the deaths of pets by dog. There has already been too much suffering. No dog should be abused. But this breed needs to be handled like a dangerous animal. It's foolish to have an alligator or chimpanzee as a pet. It's also foolish to risk having a pit bull type dog as a pet. Even well cared for pits having been turning on people and pets.

• Way too risky to have as house pets.

• Just a bad breed.

This isn't an issue of "I know nice pit bulls", I know plenty of nice pit bulls. The problems with the breed are apparent and should be modified, not encouraged.

The solution is not to kill them all off, but to stop breeding them. Your nice pit bull, keep him, but there is NO reason to have more.

Posted by: TBR
  • Facts say yes

''well I have a pit bull and he would never hurt anyone''
    ''well I have never met a dangerous pit bull''
    your personal experiences and opinions are IRRELEVANT, what matters are the facts and the facts are clear, pit bulls are the most dangerous breed of dogs and are involved in the majority of dog bite and attack cases.

What matters are the fact and facts do not help pit bulls

• The numbers can't be denied.

Granted the numbers don't tell whole story either but the fact remains that a small percentage of the canine population accounts for most of the maulings and deaths. The majority weren't fighting/attack dogs, they were family pets. It is a point that the owners probably had a knowledge deficit when it came to pits but if you need to be an expert to keep a breed from killing people it's not really a good family pet is it? Of course there are good pits out there. By no means am I calling for pits to be exterminated. I'm just saying don't keep breeding more. They were bred from the beginning for aggression- going at wild board and that trait was just focused on more as time went by. Recently a pit killed a baby when it was surprised by the mom sneezing. Too many innocents are being killed or permanently damaged and there are plenty of other dog breeds. Just let this one fade back from whence it came.

• Why they should not be banned.

Some people have and love pit bulls and you come and take there best friend away from them that's just cruel, also can be loveable animals if you just love and care for them. They might sometimes get set off by something alarming so if you just show them everything is okay then they will be a loving dog.

• Pit bulls rock

How would you like your best friend being taken away and killed just because of some irresponsible owners. If you don't like pit bulls don't come to my house. Don't talk to me. I love pit bulls. Stop BSL! Stop the killing of innocent animals now! Don't let them die.

• Pit bulls are loving and loyal

Blame the deed not the breed! Many pit bulls have died for their owners and are amazing pets and love everyone. In the 70s they blamed the doberman. In the 80s they blamed the German Shepherd. In the 90s they blamed the rottweiler. Now they blame the pit bulls. When are they going to blame the humans. Humans are the problem not the dog itself. If you got rid of all pit bulls then those people that use them for fighting would just use a different breed. We would have no dogs left. There is a myth that pit bulls have locking jaws but x rays show they have the exact same type of jaw as any other type of dog. Over 80% of the pit bulls that were involved in attacks were abused and beaten. Its the owners fault not the dogs. The media doesn't want us to know the good things about pit bulls they tell us all the bad things. The only fault pit bulls have is that they are so loyal that they will do anything that their owners say. 440000 people are killed from smoking in america 3 are killed by pit bulls. Why don't we ban smoking? You are 60 times more likely to be killed by a coconut than a pit bull. Over 2400 pit bulls are put down every day. This is animal cruelty. Stop BSL now! Stop killing inocent animals. Help save beautiful animals today! Please.

• They are good dogs

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Pit bulls rock

Pit bulls are the world best friend and the people who say they aren't than there wrong because pit bulls are awesome and if you want your best friend or your family to be taken away from you then that's how it would feel like and then you will see how it feels

• Pit bulls rock

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Noooooooooo!

I say no because if you teach them well and give them good care and love they can be an overall good dog breed. If you treat them bad yes, they will be aggressive. But that is with any dog. If you show them goodness and love they will be fine. I had a pit in my past and we showed her a good and healthy experience.

• Epic dogs please keep

Dogs are the best animal but the pit bull is really nice and cute. I have a pit-bull i protect with my life. Please keep the pit bull the 26 percent is wrong i will risk my life for my dog i love my epic and definatley love my dog

• Pit bull judgment

Pit bulls are not to be judged by their actions but by the way their owner trained them. Whether they were trained to be good or trained to be a fighter they still get frowned apon. This is the reason more and more people are against pit bulls. I think they are very loving train them right and stop judging by their actions and judge by who trained them

• Pitbulls should not be banned

They reminds us about stubby the American dog hero. He saved his platoon by giving them a warning. He was a inspiration of the Marine corps k-9 unit. And people think that they are dangerous and vicious. But depends how you train the pit. Pits should not be banned as pets.

shaancl_716 says2015-02-12T06:16:40.380
Many believe that Pit Bulls are an unpredictable and extremely dangerous animal that should be banned. No other dog has had so much negative coverage in the media as this breed, and their reputation has led to animal shelters being filled with abandoned pit bulls that have a very low likelihood of being adopted by the public. Their bad rap condemns them to being prime candidates to be the first to be put down. Pit bulls are sweet by nature and are like any other dog. They do not deserve the reputation they have. I once had a pit bull named Penny and she was an amazing sweet dog.. She was my best friend and she was used as a bate dog in a fighting ring. She had scars covering her body but all she wanted was love and human affection. She would strive to please us. I loved her with everything and she loved me. She loved kids, cats, and other dogs. There was a group going around though banning pit bulls in the area where we lived. She was taken away and ultimately put down because of her breed. My best friend was murdered because she was a pit bull. She never harmed a human soul. But because of her breed she was hated. No creature on earth deserves the treatment they get.