• Yes they should.

Pitbulls should be allowed to be pets, there are not an aggressive dog like people think. The problem is that owners do not know how to properly care and train their pets so they end up look aggressive or mean but they are not, they just were never taught how to act around other animals/people.

• They are dogs nonetheless

So why should we treat them that way? They only give what is received. You give'm love and they give it back, you show hatred and nastiness then you might be missing hand or finger. They are all the biggest teddy bears ever seen but, they can get wild. Its all up to the owner.

• I have an amazing pit bull of my own.

My dog is a pit bull and she has only lightly bit people if they were hurting me or if she didn't like what they were doing to me. Even if she has met them awhile back, she doesn't care, she is only trying to protect me and she is freaking awesome. She is my world and anybody that thinks pit bulls were meant to be mean are sick minded.

• Yes they should

Because most of the time they don't even attack. Besides they're friendly they are more scared of you than you are scared of them. The only way they will attack if u did something like kick them or something. And when you run they think ur playing with them and when they catch you they will just jump on you and lick you . People over react when they say a pitbull attacked them

• A dog is a dog

You people say the pit bull is a bad dog and should be banned and they if the trainer teaches to attack it will attack on command. Guess what i can teach my lab to attack on command so should we ban labs also hell no we shouldn't the the people who need to be blamed for no knowing how to train a pit bull. A pit bull should not be a first time pet but for the person who knows how to train a dog should be allowed to own a pit bull.

• They are awesome!

I grew up around pitbulls and I love them they are great for children in many ways, good for guarding and keeping the house safe. Me personally had a run in with a burglar and my pitbull saved me and my family, and I am very thankful for that thanks.

• Pitbulls are nice but only if raised that way

Pitbulls can be very vicious. They may go right for the throat if feeling threatened. But its all on how you raise it. Jina beats her dog nad kicks it and leaves it outside all day. Thats why her pit is mean on the otherhand my pit is very nice and raised in a kind loving home.

• They are animas too

They only give what is received. You give'm love and they give it back, you show hatred and nastiness then you might be missing hand or finger. They are all the biggest teddy bears ever seen but, they can get wild. It's all up to the owner. This is wrong. People don't realize. They please thee owners. Most of the time they do what the owner's dog . In some cases kill.. It's vary annoying when people tell me to keep my dogs away from the dog park. They are dogs all should be treated the same way they are no different to others its like people for example and we are all humans , Another example given is they can be all nice dogs its just their owners that are making them a bad dog and its not right at all!!

• Pit bulls should be allowed to be owned!

The only person in the wrong are the humans. People that don't go to school do not get educated and end up training there pit bull wrong and create a huge problem. They tie them up and abuse them and the pit bulls only defense is to attack. Who is with me?

• No killin, just kissing

I as a pitbull owner have 3 pitbulls. All of them hAve been fought. So far....... Anyways. We have had not have any biting or killing. This is wrong. People don't realize. They please thee owners. Most of the time they do what thee owners dog . In some cases kill.. It's vary annoying when people tell me to keep my dogs away from the dog park.Im very upset that they have a bad rep. It's the best freed ever. There perfect

• Pitbulls are to dangerous to be pets!

In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans, about one citizen every 18.6 days.

Why do people feel they have the right to endanger other citizens, so they can have the toughest dog?

People are ignorant and selfish to want to own these killing machines.

The story is allways the same, "Our Pitbull is gentle and a big Baby" Then the dog goes nuts and eats the baby!

PitBulls sense weakness and attack children, women and babies more than adult males. Bully breed is a great name, and their owners wish to intimidate and have their neighbors live in fear, because they are bully's and cowards to.

94% of Pitbull attacks on children are unprovoked, compared to 40% for all other breeds.

Shame on you if you support this breed! Do some research into the lives these vicious animals have destroyed!

• It's all about how the dog is trained.

Pitbulls are not vicious dogs. If a pitbull is raised in a loving environment he or she can be a wonderful pet. The pitbulls we need to worry about are the ones that are trained to fight or the ones that are abused. If someone wants to have a pitbull and they are a responsible pet owner, they should be allowed.

• Pit bulls should be banned

I think that Pit bulls should be banned because they can prove to be fatal once the time comes. We all know that for a fact Pitbulls deep down they all have those animal instinct to just bite because its in their nature. People should not be blamed for the dogs instincts. I know my friend who has a Pitbulls and he treats her as family but then one day the dog comes out of no where and attacks him. The next day he got put into a hospital with 2 bruises and a couple of bloody bites. So don't blame the people blame the dogs who are interested in the taste of human blood. Anyway im not saying that we should kill them, just set them free into the wild where they can grow wild without any human contact I know what its like having to stay in a dog pound so this is the best idea at most. To most of those who say yes they just say it for the fun of it or because it makes them feel "heroic" im not trying to insult anyone but this is my opinion and im just saying hear me out any u might just change your mind.

-thelittleducklet

• Defining our ethical system

I'm sure pitbulls are kind dogs, in fact, I'm sure if I owned one I'd be deeply in love with one. Despite that, I believe they should be banned. Why? Because the love and appreciation the owner gets is not worth the risk of injuring other people. Now a main point people give is, its not the animal, its the owner. This is probably true. The owner probably controls 99.9% of what the dog does. If the dog attacks, its most likely because the owner has treated the dog badly or raised it incorrectly. But still there has been times when a well trained dog will snap and wreck havoc. Its OK with smaller dogs, when they snap, it doesn't cause severe damage. They are worth the risk. But pitbulls, despite how kind and loving they might be should not be allowed as pets. Because protecting human life is far far more important than owning a dog for mere recreation. Think of a dog as an ornament, when it is bought, there is no large sentimental connection between the dog and a person. That person could buy any dog in the store they want and could (in 10 years) have a similar connection to that dog as they do with a pit bull or other large dog.

• Pit bulls should be banned

Pit bulls are known for killing the make up only 6% of the dog population but are responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog related deaths since 1982. People say that pit bulls are loyal and do anything their owner wants, but if their owner tells them to attack they sure will.

Humanities says2015-06-15T14:05:43.433
Of course pitbulls should be allowed as pets, and whoever says otherwise is absolutely wrong. Pitbulls are not as aggressive as everyone thinks. They can actually be really nice dogs. It all depends on how you train them. If you bring a pitbull into a good life and treat him as a nice dog that is how they will be. The stereotype factor of this is, a lot of people train pitbulls to be fighting dogs. If we can stop this, and treat pitbulls well, they could be as nice as a dog possibly could be.