• Yes they should.

Pitbulls should be allowed to be pets, there are not an aggressive dog like people think. The problem is that owners do not know how to properly care and train their pets so they end up look aggressive or mean but they are not, they just were never taught how to act around other animals/people.

• They are dogs nonetheless

So why should we treat them that way? They only give what is received. You give'm love and they give it back, you show hatred and nastiness then you might be missing hand or finger. They are all the biggest teddy bears ever seen but, they can get wild. Its all up to the owner.

• Pitbulls are nice but only if raised that way

Pitbulls can be very vicious. They may go right for the throat if feeling threatened. But its all on how you raise it. Jina beats her dog nad kicks it and leaves it outside all day. Thats why her pit is mean on the otherhand my pit is very nice and raised in a kind loving home.

• They are animas too

They only give what is received. You give'm love and they give it back, you show hatred and nastiness then you might be missing hand or finger. They are all the biggest teddy bears ever seen but, they can get wild. It's all up to the owner. This is wrong. People don't realize. They please thee owners. Most of the time they do what the owner's dog . In some cases kill.. It's vary annoying when people tell me to keep my dogs away from the dog park. They are dogs all should be treated the same way they are no different to others its like people for example and we are all humans , Another example given is they can be all nice dogs its just their owners that are making them a bad dog and its not right at all!!

• Pit bulls should be allowed to be owned!

The only person in the wrong are the humans. People that don't go to school do not get educated and end up training there pit bull wrong and create a huge problem. They tie them up and abuse them and the pit bulls only defense is to attack. Who is with me?

• No killin, just kissing

I as a pitbull owner have 3 pitbulls. All of them hAve been fought. So far....... Anyways. We have had not have any biting or killing. This is wrong. People don't realize. They please thee owners. Most of the time they do what thee owners dog . In some cases kill.. It's vary annoying when people tell me to keep my dogs away from the dog park.Im very upset that they have a bad rep. It's the best freed ever. There perfect

• Pit bulls are friends not killers

Read the title. Pit bulls are friends and not killers. Home isn't a home without a pit bull people. I had a pit bull, she was friendly, till she was attacked by my neighbors dog that wasn't on a LEASH, that's one thing. KEEP YOUR DOG ON A LEASH PEOPLE.

• Pitbuls are dogs!

Pitbulls are not freaking aliens from hell they arent the devils helpers they are as good and kind as u treat them, the ban doesnt stop the bite!
    Stupid dog problems? More like stupid human problems i hope people that hate pitbulls or also called the American Staffshire terrier, they arent vicious dogs!!!

• They are dogs and should be treat the same way

They are dogs all should be treated the same way they are no different to others its like people for example and we are all humans , Another example given is they can be all nice dogs its just their owners that are making them a bad dog and its not right at all!!

• Yes to pitbulls

Pitbulls there not bad dogs these are loving , caring dogs. In some people's minds there not they think there just bad dogs and try to hurt everything in there path. Well there not they are lifesavers and the only reason people think there bad dogs because they attack people and other dogs. Yes they are fighting dogs but only if there trained to be fighting dogs. They only try to kill or hurt people or pets if they are treated badly, trained to do that or abused. That's my opinion on why pitbulls should be allowed to be pets

• Pitbulls are to dangerous to be pets!

In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans, about one citizen every 18.6 days.

Why do people feel they have the right to endanger other citizens, so they can have the toughest dog?

People are ignorant and selfish to want to own these killing machines.

The story is allways the same, "Our Pitbull is gentle and a big Baby" Then the dog goes nuts and eats the baby!

PitBulls sense weakness and attack children, women and babies more than adult males. Bully breed is a great name, and their owners wish to intimidate and have their neighbors live in fear, because they are bully's and cowards to.

94% of Pitbull attacks on children are unprovoked, compared to 40% for all other breeds.

Shame on you if you support this breed! Do some research into the lives these vicious animals have destroyed!

• It's all about how the dog is trained.

Pitbulls are not vicious dogs. If a pitbull is raised in a loving environment he or she can be a wonderful pet. The pitbulls we need to worry about are the ones that are trained to fight or the ones that are abused. If someone wants to have a pitbull and they are a responsible pet owner, they should be allowed.

• Defining our ethical system

I'm sure pitbulls are kind dogs, in fact, I'm sure if I owned one I'd be deeply in love with one. Despite that, I believe they should be banned. Why? Because the love and appreciation the owner gets is not worth the risk of injuring other people. Now a main point people give is, its not the animal, its the owner. This is probably true. The owner probably controls 99.9% of what the dog does. If the dog attacks, its most likely because the owner has treated the dog badly or raised it incorrectly. But still there has been times when a well trained dog will snap and wreck havoc. Its OK with smaller dogs, when they snap, it doesn't cause severe damage. They are worth the risk. But pitbulls, despite how kind and loving they might be should not be allowed as pets. Because protecting human life is far far more important than owning a dog for mere recreation. Think of a dog as an ornament, when it is bought, there is no large sentimental connection between the dog and a person. That person could buy any dog in the store they want and could (in 10 years) have a similar connection to that dog as they do with a pit bull or other large dog.

• Pit bulls should be banned

Pit bulls are known for killing the make up only 6% of the dog population but are responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog related deaths since 1982. People say that pit bulls are loyal and do anything their owner wants, but if their owner tells them to attack they sure will.