• Resolved: Plastic Bags Should be Banned in Grocery Stores

I think plastic bags should be banned in grocery stores because it takes 10-100 years to decompose plastic, and some materials in plastic bags can't decompose at all, and it takes almost the same amount of time for plastic to decompose in a organism's stomach such as a deer, bear, wolf, or even a human/infant.

• Plastic bags should not be banned

We have been using plastic bags since the late '70s. Plastic bags are quick to open, it helps employees at stores keep lines moving quickly. It also takes up less space in cabinets. Plastic bags prevents leaks and is really useful in the rain. One plastic bag is about 5 grams and it can carry about 10,000 its own weight.

• Plastic Grocery Bags Should Not Be Banned.

Banning plastic grocery bags will leave us with paper grocery bags. Then we will have to cut down more trees. Form there we will just start running out of oxygen. Banning plastic grocery bags is just a bad idea leading our world in the wrong direction. That is why we should not ban plastic grocery bags.

• They should not be banned.

Plastic grocery bags should not be banned. That will not help out pollution or global warming in a significant way. What we should do is have incentives for people not using plastic grocery bags, such as giving them a discount at the register, or some other thing that will get people to stop using them.