• So imaginatjon is a big deal in life for kids and grown up's. Poetry express emotion and a deep feeling in people life.

I grow up with poetry it was a big healing for me. My teacher was the one who show me the beauty of poetry when my father past away. So imaginatjon is a big deal in my life. It wont be fair that in the future if I have kids they cant learn the beauty of poetry. So I don't agree with taking out poetry out of school curriculum.

• Poetry isn't needed.

Because kids use their imagination long before they learn poetry.
    It takes up valuable school schedule that could be use for more useful classes.
    Learning how to properly manage income and pay taxes is more important. Which are two things not taught in school unless you take an elective class.
    Shakespeare isn't important unless you actively want to learn it.

• Not all math and sciences.

As a Creative Writer and student, poetry seems a huge necessity. We don´t get many chances to learn about the expressions of others. We´re discouraged from the arts and encouraged to focus on the black and white issues. News flash! Some kids are not good at math or science, but may be excellent at poetry.

• Poetry opens doors.

I love poetry and write poetry. I learned everything I need to about poetry from the curriculum. When something is taught in the curriculum, it is a seed. YOu can choose to water it, you can choose to let it lie dormant, but when you water it, it grows into a beautiful tree. You can't grow a tree without a seed.

• My opinion is weird.

I think that students should learn the basics of poetry for their imagination and writing skills. I believe that it is important for kids to learn different types of writing, however, I don't see why Shakespeare's plays is a necessity to read about FOR school. Shakespeare is difficult to understand but poetry is good for many other things. It opens up our minds and personally helps me relieve my stress in school. It is relaxing.

• My opinion is weird.

• Imaginiation is needed

Because kids won't use their imagination.
    Will not express their feelings in words.
    You will not get good rappers .
    It limits job options like poets , creative writers and rapping and most poets had English degrees.
    It shows imagination in words.
    You can study shakespears work in old books.