Should police be allowed to search homes without warrants in their manhunt for the Boston bomber?

• Yes they should .

The police should be able to enter a house with out a warrant to search for the bomber. They are looking for someone who committed a crime, and should be allowed to search for them. The person that committed the crime should be put to justice . They should not be allowed to get away with doing such a terrible crime like this .

• Yes, police should be allowed to search homes without warrants for the Boston bomber.

Normally my answer would be no, but this is a special case. They have the bomber narrowed down to hiding in a small area. With a crime of this magnitude all measures should be taken to capture the suspect. Of course the police should be professional and efficient while searching people's houses.

• Yes, with a situation like this

Had the police felt the need to search a home when hunting for the Boston bomber, they absolutely should have been able to go ahead and do it without a warrant. Hopefully most people would be willing to let them if there was suspicion the bomber was in their home. Just like how they did not have to give him the Miranda Rights due to a loophole having to do with public safety, they should be able to search without a warrant for the safety of the public.

• Yes, when it comes to this

• In a case like this, yes.

They are not looking for drugs, or something that can get YOU in trouble. They are trying to find and search out a terrorist. Time is short, and they need to find him soon and get him in custody. What if he was holed up in your house? Wouldn't you be terrified of being killed? In a case like this, it is for your own safety.

• THE CONSTITUTION of the United States of America

IT'S MY CASTLE, no ENTRY WITHOUT A WARRANT...PERIOD...OR MY PERMISSION. No need to argue. IT'S A RIGHT OF PRIVACY. The Constitution. My right of privacy. My personal rights as a free American Citizen over police state tactics. I would have offered armed resistance after hoisting my AMERICAN FLAG against the government thugs attempting to impose their will on me. Yes I would have died but so would some of them and I'd have died a free man, NOT A COWERING SERF!

• This is a horrible turning point for liberty America

If 83% of the general population really feels this way we are headed towards a rapid expansion of the police state. Of course any lawyer defending these illegal searches will argue that they were necessary under the public safety clause. But what if the police start doing this every time 3 or more people are killed? These searches could become commonplace, especially as the media and politicians are trending towards calling anything violent a "terrorist" act. Police in America shoot innocent people on a regular basis raiding the wrong house or misidentifying an innocent person(s) as the suspect by voting for this kind of behavior more lives will actually be lost than saved in the long run.

I believe it was salon magazine that just published an article arguing that domestic violence was terrorism. This is a big "no" vote for the police calling me out of my house at gunpoint because the neighborhood redneck hit his wife and ran when the police showed up and maybe there is an outside chance he is occupying my basement without me knowing it. Americans, please wake up and defend your liberty or you will lose it.

• This should never be allowed to happen.

You don't want to get a warrant, amend the constitution. Otherwise follow the law of the land. Are we incapable of defending our own home without "government help". Ya a terrorist got into my house and I didn't know. If they want to knock on the door, ask permission to search and see if I look safe that is fine, but they have no right to enter without permission or a warrant. The fact that 3 people were killed is no excuse to trash the constitution.