• No no no

Police officers shouldn't be able to carry a gun due to the fact that they are shooting unarmed people, when they could of solved it a different way, a life , a family, and a job could of been saved. Shouldn't pepper spray, beating stick, teasers and hand cuffs be enough ! If gun were never invented there would be no need for armed police officers.

• Yes yes yes

Beacuse it be not dangerous and i think that i know that i think that i know that i think that i know that i think that i know that i think thank i think that i know that i think that i know that i think that i know that i'm right

• Police shuld carry guns at all time.

I think it is very importnant for police man to have gun. Its is for the protection of citizens. With increasin crimes and illegal weapons out there, it important for police to have arms as well. Police mans are officailly trained and tested for using weapons, so i rather have weapons in safe hand.

• Police and guns

Police should be given the option if they would like to carry a gun. Police carrying a gun may lack their performance because many police officers be guarding their gun more than doing their job. If the gun gets into the wrong hands for instance -- robbed, then it the Police Officers responsibility.
    I think they should carry guns put only use them if a other person fired and refuse to put their weapons down. There can be many debate with gun because people may get shot for no reason E.G. London tube station , a man got mistake for a terrorist and was shot dead.
    Then you get officer who been killed , may be if they had a gun could of it been prevented.

• It is dangerous for police

Not to carry guns. Though I wish it was not so, a large portion of American (1 in 8) carry firearms. With such a high rate of armed (civilian) individuals, it is essential that police officers be able to protect themselves. As long as these police officers are well trained and careful, there is no reason why police officers should not carry guns

• It is dangerous for police

• It is dangerous for police

• It's dangerous for police

Not to carry guns. Though I wish it was not so, a large portion of American (1 in 8) carry firearms. With such a high rate of armed (civilian) individuals, it is essential that police officers be able to protect themselves. As long as these police officers are well trained and careful, there is no reason why police officers should not carry guns.

• The police and enforcement needs to carry gun not just RANDOM people! ^^

Only enforcement and police etc needs to carry guns because they're more professional and they could sometimes kill innocent people, but they kill innocent people because they're suspicious! If you have a suspicious guy in your house, don't you want to force him to go out? It's the same, and I agree only police should be allowed to have guns!!~ ^^

• Why does the U.S. police need military like weapons?

We live in a civilized society, not a military zone. Police and SWAT teams should NOT be allowed to carry anything beyond a six shooter. Too many innocent people and children are brought to justice by a single person with adrenaline and perhaps steroids pumping in their veins. Pepper spray or a good thump on the noggin should be enough to subdue any suspect.

• Absolutely not, too many innocent murdered

They completely take advantage of their power, this is a deadly weapon, one shot and your dead beating sticks and pepper spray are enough! Too many innocent dead by our own protection team!! I feel frightened more by the police than by anyone! Because they are the only ones walking around with these weapons attached to their belts! NONONO

• Police should not be issued firearms

The job of the Police is to maintain order and keep the peace, which can be more effectively done with a baton or tonfa. They are not special or above the law, as much as some officers seem to think so. If they wish to purchase a firearm and carry it as a private citizen I fully support it, but only for self defense, like any other citizen. They need to be held accountable to the same standard that everyone is. (Same goes for politicians!) The only exception is that I would support maintaining a SWAT team armed with rifles and the like for the purpose of dealing with gangs and other well armed criminals. Beat cops have no need to be issued firearms.

• No they shouldn't

We have a friendly country. Police should only be allowed to carry candy for sick children. If someone commits a crime, the police should try to rationally talk them out of it, and perhaps offer them candy. Police should always be criticized for failure and never rewarded for accomplishment too.

• Unnecessary - look at those countries where they aren't carried.

Only specialist units should carry guns. Countries where the police don't carry guns have better police-public relations and lower gun crime.

Police are a community service, not a military unit. The don't have the training to make life and death decisions and nor should they. They're there to make society better, not worse.

• Guns are not the solution

I love the method of the British Police Force. As long as they have trained officers in the use of firearms, then depending on the situation, they should be used. But the general bobby no way do they need to carry anything more than cuffs and a baton. Thank god I don't live in America

• They should not

I think that there is no need for police officers to carry guns in the uk as very few people are allowed guns so therefore there would be no reason. If the police were to carry guns there would be many more accidental deaths. The London riots were caused by someone being shot when they did not have a gun so think of the effects it would have if every officer had guns

• No no no

Beacuse it be dangerous and i think that i know that i think that i know that i think that i know that i think that i know that i think thank i think that i know that i think that i know that i think that i know that i'm right

• No no no no no no no no no

Firstly, the job of police is to keep order and peace in New Zealand which can more effectively be done with pepper spray or tazers, the only exception would be the armed offenders squad who carry firearms for the purpose of dealing with gangs and other armed criminals.

Secondly, it causes unnecessary deaths there has been almost 40 people shot dead by police in the last 70 years when most of those cases could have been solved with something less serious, I think guns should be an absolute last resort and should only be held by the armed offenders squad, even tazing someone would bring them to a stop.

• Hi how are you?

Hola, I am jsut stating a bunch of random words so that I can actually put in my vote, and see if it changes the percentage. Now I will write short words. A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a.

Score94 says2013-09-18T04:48:53.667
Guns should be OK for police to use.
TA2014 says2014-08-19T08:25:03.927
Absolutely not. Uk police do just fine without guns.