• Yes they should

Have you watched the show cops? Cops put their lives in the line every dayfor us. They risk their lives for civilians who they don't even know. They go into dangerous situations. Tgey deal with drug lords and burglars and rapists and murderers. They get charged and assaulted by criminals. Sometimes criminals take their guns and shoot them or kill them in other ways. It's a hard and dangerous job and they help many people.

• Better officers require more salary!

You must accept compensation is part of the equation. Many complain about what they perceive as omnipresent law enforcement, when given a traffic ticket, summons, or instructed to "leave the premises". Yet, some of the same people scream bloody murder if a bicycle is stolen or a shed on their property is broken into: "WHERE ARE COPS WHEN YOU NEED 'EM"? We cannot have it both ways.

We can lessen complaints by requiring more training, and paying better salaries. My father was a corrections officer, the ''LAWN ORDER" crowd never bellowed about paying him a better salary to guard those dangerous monsters they want imprisoned.

• The MMM Votes Yes!

Police Officers Are American Heroes And Patriots! They Should Get Paid More For Sure. These Heroes Deserve More Respect Than They Get Right Now. The Mystery Man Movement Supports This Effort One Hundred Percent. We Need Your Help To Raise The Salary For The Officers. Please Vote Yea On This.

• They help the world

There always risking there lives to protect you idiots sitting on your computers,or ps3s.And there always on the lookout never giving up and you know what there my hero my role model my god.So you people out there stealing and messing up in the world just stop before you jack this whole world up!!!!!!!

• More money=better police

Better salaries would mean less corrupted police. Underpaid policemen can be even more dangerous than a middle-class criminal. I hope also that better salaries would lead to respect to regular citizens... Otherwise, they have dangerous jobs, which deserves reward to them and their families (which also should stay happy, to keep policemen happy)

• Yes, they should

Police are nowadays under more danger at any given time than most American soldiers are in every day day to day procedures. Plus, every officer does just as much if not more daily for America than the average American does in a whole month. Then there is the simple fact that officers of today's society are so severly mistreated and hated upon for just doing there job.

• For all the work they do? Yes!

For sure! They do so much work for us. I love police! Police arrest people that really need to be arrested! Cops put their life at risk for us! They could die everyday! They are heroes! They don't even get paid much. Like, at all! They deserve more respect, too!

• From a Canadian perspective

I do agree that American police deserve better pay. Canadian RCMP however, very often enjoy 6 figures salaries and enjoy pension plans more lucrative than just about every other public sector employee. Policing currently consumes the largest percentage of municipal/city budgets as well. I believe that Canadian police officers are currently paid more than adequately.