Should political affiliation be a protected class from employment and housing discrimination?

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • Yes, political affiliation should be protected from employment and housing situations.

Someone's political affiliation should not be a factor on their ability to find work or a place to live. Someone's work ethic is not so easily defined by this single belief. I myself am a hard worker and many people believe me to be a republican to some degree, when in fact I am more of an independent. I can't even comprehend how someone's political affiliation affects their ability to get a house. That should never be a factor.

• Should be, sure

Political affiliation is not something anybody should be punished for. But, at the end of the day, how do you enforce such a thing? If somebody for example doesn't want to give you a job because they found out you're a democrat, unless they're a ridiculously inept moron they'll be able to find something else to point to as to why they didn't hire you.

• Should be, sure

• Absolutely it should

Race, religion, ethnicity, ... Are all protected classes so why not political affiliation? For people to freely participate in the politics of their country we can't have people getting fired or denied housing just because of their political affiliations or because of beliefs. Especially with donation transparency laws where anyone can see anyone who has donated even a small amount of money to keep that free and protect people from being fired by their boss for making the 'wrong' donation we need a law to protect people.