• It should be discussed.

It helps push critical thinking. However, when it's being discussed or taught, it must be done with ZERO POLITICAL BIAS! When I was taking Government in High School, my teacher lectured his classes with a strong conservative bias and always mentioned the liberals in tasteless jokes and even flunked a student for writing a report discussing a topic from the liberal point of view. This became more apparent during my brief time in college. I was in an American History class and when it got to the rise to the American Revolution, the professor began to lecture from the British view point of why they taxed the colonials, which caused several freshmen (some I knew in High School) to dismiss the professor as a Loyalist and "British suck up" resulting in them dropping out of the class instead of understand the other side of the conflict. This is by no means to knock on conservatives as I'm sure there are schools and classes with a liberal bias who are just as guilty, but if the class is going to be taught (and it should) the instructor should be obligated to set aside his or her own political views and give a fair unbiased lecture while treating their students fairly regardless of their side of the argument. The same should also be said to students who might have already chosen their side to treat the instructor fair when presented an argument from the other side.

• It should be discussed.

• Discussing politics is fun xD

We (i'm a student) always talk about politics because it's fun and we also learn new things about politics that we didn't know almost every conversation. Also, even though we argue sometimes because we don't like a certain president (you know who), we still end up agreeeing on some things and we have a good conversation. That is why we studentss should be allowed to talk about politics in school.

• Encourages Critical Thought

A substantial percentage of Americans do not take politics very seriously, and many who are active on one side or the other only have very superficial knowledge on policy. Schools could explain more intricate and complex aspects of policy so the next generation is more active and invested in their country and the world.

Posted by: Inke
  • Because we feel like students are open to their own opinions about the debate.

Yes, politics should be discussed in schools. Yes, I believe politics should be discussed in school because it will help educate the student about the different political parties and what each party represents or stands for. When the student is old enough to vote, then they will be well prepared to vote for which ever candidates they prefer. This would allow for more young people to be able to vote at 18 and know exactly who and what they are voting for.

Yes Politics Should Be Discussed in the Classroom The classroom is an environment for learning, so of course politics should be discussed. A teacher should not necessarily impose their views on students, but they should absolutely create an environment in which students can discuss politics and how it affects their daily lives. Schools are for learning so politics should be welcome in the classroom.

• Because, you have the freedom to speak,and your open to your own opinion.

Your open to your own opinion about the debate,and who you wan to win.Yes Politics Should Be Discussed in the Classroom The classroom is an environment for learning, so of course politics should be discussed. A teacher should not necessarily impose their views on students, but they should absolutely create an environment in which students can discuss politics and how it affects their daily lives. Schools are for learning so politics should be welcome in the classroom.

• Yes we should

Believe it or not, kids know a good amount about politics. What we should do, is for example, discuss the presidential candidates and what good and what bad things they can do for the country. We shoudnt choose sides because that can lean to arguments and other bad things. The kids who keep up with politics enjoy expressing their opinion and it would be good for them to learn more about it.

• Yes, politics must be there in school

Because of this politics people are aware about their day to day life problems and it empowers the quality of our life .As we all know today politics is misused but not by political group it's only because of the attitude of people this attitude go to hell not political parties .

• It supports how the future will be shaped.

The children of schools will someday become the adults, and it is important for them to know how things work in the system that countries do to elect presidents, prime ministers, or other governmental people. Therefore, it should be allowed in all schools to talk about something important that will be a talking point in the future.

• No, politics should not be discussed in schools

There is a time and a place to debate political standpoints, and your typical classroom should not be one of them. Sure majority of highschool students are uneducated about current political affairs, but exposing them to the biased positions of their teachers is more manipulative than educational. Politics in school should be limited to that of say government and economic classes in which the agendas of multiple parties are discussed with as little bias as possible, and should not come up in other courses.

• No, the politics are biased and used to persuade students to only think a certain way.

The teachers at my school bring up biased political views in almost EVERY assignment. I cannot go to class a day without hearing hateful words about a certain political party, I cannot think on my own because my teachers hate what I believe and teach against it, I cannot speak in class about what I truly think because the vast majority of other students will start heated arguments against me. The other students have taken the teacher's side and they are aggressive when someone does not think the same things they do. I am scared to say what I want, I am scared to write an essay in opposition, and I am tired of the same political party's view shoved down my throat constantly. This is not teaching me to think on my own, it suppresses everything that I stand for.

• Schools should not give their political views to the students

Students may discuss their opinions on politics freely in my opinion, however the school itself nor its teachers should teach or discuss them. My reasoning for this is not only does this go against the US law but this also doesn't allow students to have their own opinions. Think about the last election; if the school said that Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton were going to ruin this country, students would most likely believe it because it came from an adult. This prevents students to make up their own mind and results in peer pressure, making them agree with the majority of the school

• Politics are harmful for the school atmosphere.

As a student myself, I am currently navigating the trials of differing opinions and the struggle of stating my own without fear of repercussion. I am silenced as my school is majorly against my thoughts. This is not just a one time occurrence, as mob mentality tends to grow when the majority of a school population believes one thing, while some students believe otherwise. As a result, the minority is feared into silence, worrying they are going to be bullied and out-casted if they were to express anything other than what is considered to be the "good" side.

• No, because it can start fights.

The news will always be tainted with either red or blue. However, our teachers teach whats right and if our teacher were to talk about politics and look at it with a conservative or liberal bias, then you are teaching kids that "President blah blah blah is bad because they did blah blah blah." You would be telling kids they are wrong or right based off of opinions. Now if used a way to help kids learn about debating and controversy then I don't care but I don't want my kid becoming a communist nor a fascist in the eyes of people. And I don't want my kid to be punched for expressing himself. Schools are for facts, not feelings.

• No, because it can start fights.

• No, teachers are incapable of teaching politics without bias

Schools should limit the teaching of politics because teachers are incapable of do so without bias. Instead of teaching about the issues and having free thought too many students are being pushed to support a particular position or candidate also know as indoctrination. Students begin to fear to disagree with the teacher or peers thinking it would hurt grades or social status.

• Discussing politics in non-government classes distract from class and go against the very foundation of what school should be

School is there for students to learn about new things, and from both sides of the spectrum not just the side their teachers want them to. I have noticed several teachers with a strong political bias and discussing politics with them it almost seems like they are fighting to make you believe their point of view. A school should be a neutral learning environments where pupils can learn about the curriculum and themselves without being swayed by the desire to make their teachers happy and support their views

• No, since many students are not mature enough to participate in such discussions

Politics should not be discussed in schools. For example, when older students hold forums in the school or express their opinions publicly, it may serve as a bias to younger students and they may support their views and will lack of their own personal critical thinking before choosing their side.