• State Shouldn't Have A Say On It

The founding fathers gave us our freedoms for a reason. Marriage shouldn't be recognized by the state, and therefore it should be legal. The main argument is that it's immoral based on religious standards, and get this.. Separation of church and state prevails yet again. We shouldn't have laws regarding marriage, whether it pertains to gays, polygamy, inanimate objects, etc.

• Doesn't affect anyone

It doesn't hurt anyone and if a man wants to have multiple women or if a woman want to have multiple husbands. Many people aren't religious so they aren't going to follow the rules of religion. To say that it's beneficial for children to be raised in a two parent home is debatable: More people means more income, and it's easier to take re of the children, and divide chores etc

• Don't think only about you

Just look around the environment. You really can feel what you need and what things must be done accordingly your desires.Therefore think others and approach to this mater honestly. Actually , Because of to be illegal polygamy in US , there are tendency to arise social problems due to sexual wants and desires... A Woman should think that men are not only for you....

• Civil Unions with as many people as you want

I agree but we should rename legal marriage as civil union. That would eliminate the privileging of romantic relationships. Why should a number of lovers get benefits but not a number of platonic friends planning on a long-term relationship. A civil union could be used for a group of people in a commune. Residential Communes are a lifestyle option and one that helps divide responsibilities and keep children taken care of.

• More than the 1st Amendment

Polygamy was made ILLEGAL by the Morrill act of 1862. This ACT was specifically targeting those of the Mormon faith. This act was promoted by good old Abe Lincoln himself. Curiously I think it was during an election year.
    Later the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1868 was the nail in the coffin. However, Jimmy Carter repealed all of the acts that went against legal cohabitation and polygamy in 1978. Due to the lack of support the Morrill Act stayed in place.
    This issue is no longer a 1st Amendment issue. It is about personal Liberty and Civil Rights BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS.
    I find it amusing how the public has no issue with same sex marriage... Mostly because it is lauded as a right of Civil liberty. Is NOT the right of people who want to practice their religion as well?
    By the way... Do you really know that there a lot of people who lived in polygamous marriages during the 1800s.... Fact Check me on it? Guess what A LOT MORE WERE NOT MORMON THAN YOU THINK!!!!!!
    Again... Fact check me... My Wife did a research paper on this topic and it opened her eyes to how our Government twisted propaganda around to promote certain agendas of political influences.
    Should Polygamy be legal? Yes ..... Bottom line is you cannot regulate a persons personal religious faith nor can you regulate a persons morality. Polygamy is not a devilish practice when consenting adults participate in its practice.
    However, homo sexuality is and ever will be.

• More than the 1st Amendment

• It causes legal and parenting issues.

First issue is legal. Imagine a divorce. How do you chose what the girl keeps and whats kept with the others. How do you divide the property.

Second issue, parenting. What happens when two parents disagree over how to raise a child or if he can do this or that. Imagine 3 or 4 parents... You would leave all the children in such a divided house... And than comes jealousy..

Not jealousy over love, but children. It was very common back in the times before Rome, when a father had 3 or 4 wives... At least one wife was jealous over the children, it always equaled trouble.

Marriage cannot be just about the parents, you must also consider the children. And the legal issues multiple wives would lead to.

• Depends on where we are headed

This entirely depends on the society. You cannot ask a subjective question like this and expect a "right" answer. The answer to this question is entirely dependant on which society you ask. If the United States is asked this question well its difficult because it seems people these days want to believe the US is a free, multicultural anything go's nation and if that ends up being the case, then yes its fine. However if you ask a society that has an actual heritage, culture and traditions and they dictate that Polygamy is undesirable, then the answer is no.

• No, polygamy should not be legal.

We do not live following the old testament of the Bible. Even the ten commandments states that children should honor thy mother and father and not mothers and fathers. Most of the children of that kind of TV show dislike their family lives. Their children know it is abnormal. I would not want my twenty year old son ever to date a daughter from a family like that. I don't want my child or any child to believe that this is what God wants us to do. It seems to be wrong and abnormal and not a Godly thing to do.

• A totally disagree this point of view

Firstly, i want to say that i am not from America. However, to my mind it is not right to have a lot of wives. As we know the religion do not allow polygamy. Unfortunately, in the USA religion is not on the first place. It can seems that it is good to have a lot of sexual partners. But this point has a lot of drawbacks.
    For instance, as we know if you have a lot of women, you will have a lot of children. And man can't pay attention to them. They can not educate them, father must transmit them life experience.
    Secondly, wives can argue everyday, because they want to draw husbands attention. Everyone wants be leader in family. The trouble is that husband can be with everyone and some of wives can stay alone.
    Finally, can you imagine if men want polygamy, women will start that it is gender inequality. And they'll say the woman can have a lot of husbands. However everyone do not want to divide the bed with other man. And divide my wife with someone.
    To sum up want to say that it is not right a lot of wives. Everyone must have only one wive or husband.

• When will all this end?

This is what happens when people don't realize that freedom comes with responsibility and accountability. You can have everything your way. Once you fight and argue long enough for your way... Then someone else will come along... Fight and argue for something that you will disagree with... But they'll use your argument to prove there's. Besides, could you imagine what level of hell it would be for the husband with multiple wives during the period. The PMS level will be off the charts. And could you imagine the testosterone and douche baggery for a woman with multiple husbands?

• No polygamy shouldn't!

The Bible is evidential that having many wives only caused division through the women and t children.. I truly believe that if polygamy is permitted in the US then people will see the true result of what can happen. And I don't know how women can live with a man who's claimed to be married to other women. I wouldn't wanna share my husband with no one if I was married. Women are only causing pain on themselves. God is against adultery and that's exactly what polygamy practices. Its even evidential throughout he Old Testament that God was against it, although He let it happen just like if polygamy is permitted He'll let it happen, but that means His hands will be removed from America completely and His Judgment will be placed on ALL of USA.