• Because I'm God

Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God Because I'm God

• F f f

Tfgfgfhfc ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff ff f f f f f f ff f f fffff ff f f f f f ff ff f ff ff f f f ff f f ff f ff f f f

• It should be legalize

Even after marriage people think of some other person.They are ready to cheat if therir parner will not come to know about this.
    We humans are not always make for single.It is like society is trying to suppress the nature.A person can be in love with more than 2 persons at the same time.See love tringle movies.

• Polygamy is a basic freedom

Polygamy has been proven to empower women and men alike. The government should not meddle in the private affairs of citizens.

Polygamy would actually decrease abuse. Isn't it easier for two people to stand up to an abuser? What about three or four people? Feel like all the good mates are taken and you have to settle for someone that's not "that" abusive?

Allowing polygamy doesn't allow children to be married. It doesn't allow forced marriages. It does protect the rights of citizens. It provides more choice, not less.

• What could possibly go wrong?

So long as it is consential, and the decision is not rash, I can't see any problem occurring. I feel that it would be unlikely for a polygamy marriage to work out, and would require all parties to love all other parties, but if it works out that way, than why should it be stopped?

A good system would need to be put in place to ensure that a man's wife approves of his new wife, before he marries the second or third.

Marriage is just a thing, who cares if some don't take it seriously enough, and "trivialise" it, their fault but why stop someone who takes it seriously and seriously wants to marry multiple other loved ones.

• Marriage can change to fit the needs of society

The idea of marriage has changed throughout history. In the past women were considered the property of their husbands, this is no longer the case. In the past blacks and whites couldn't get married because it was seen as unethical, this is no longer the case. In the past gay marriages where not treated as equal to heterosexual relations, and now we are seeing the transition to gay couples finally receiving the rights that the state should make available to them. In opposition to all these advances in marriage equality the case was made that traditional marriage is under attack and that these advancements were wrong and unethical and could lead to abuse and unhappiness and the collapse of society and that it would lead to paedophilia etc. Those who deny equality to others are looked at by history as being on the wrong side it.The same will be said about those who oppose polygamy marriages.

Marriage is a societal construct. We invented it, therefore we can adapt it to fit the needs of society. It may not have much support now, but there will come a time I will say with pride that I did not try to stop the expansion of the circle of Liberty when it was easy to go with the crowd.

• YES. If consentual, it does not violate dignity.

If more than two adult people agree to live in a household together as in an ordinary marriage, it is an unacceptable violation of basic human rights to deny them doing so. As long as nobody is coerced into such a marriage, it must be perfectly fine; not anyhow worse than same-sex union, at least. It is a shame that such double standards exist towards polygamous marriages while same-sex unions are recognised as valid marriages.

• Why not do it?

If you have monogamy you will get bored of your wife,that's the nature of man,if polygamy is legalized vice versa can also happen,polygamy not being legal benefits the men,polygamy being illegal benefits women,for those saying the Bible,it is a privileged and honorary book but primitive[no offense to Christians].Monogamy causes divorce,because of man's nature.

• Because its 2016

Because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016because its 2016

• Because its 2015

Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015 Because its 2015 Because its 2015, Because its 2015, Because its 2015 - Trudeau 2015

• No, because even monogamy already causes enough problems in this country.

People have trouble keeping one wife happy, and half of all marriages end in a messy divorce. If people were allowed to have more than one partner, this would just make the problem worse. There are already enough children and others whose lives are damaged by divorce with the rules the way they are. It does not need to be made any worse.

Posted by: R04chGrov
  • Polygamy is completely wrong, because marriage should be between one man and one woman only.

The only evidence I need to give on this matter is what it says in the Bible. Or, one could just ask the majority of people how they feel marriage should be viewed, even if they weren't from a religious background. I mean, it really isn't that hard to explain just how most see it, which is marriage equals two people, not several.

Posted by: ladoblevida
  • Polygamy shouldn't be legalized, because it denies the sanctity of marriage and normal Christian living.

Polygamy, or the practice of having more than one spouse, is not a Christian way to live life. It denies the sanctity of marriage, and it is not a healthy way to live. In our culture, in America, it would be life-shattering to most people. I realize other cultures are different, and that polygamy would be viewed differently, elsewhere. But, this doesn't make the practice, itself, right.

Posted by: ToyMatt
  • Polygamy should not be legalized, because it opens too many people up to abuse.

Polygamy is usually a way for men to abuse multiple women or young girls, like in the cases of the LDS men who were recently tried for this. I do not think that being married to multiple people is mutually beneficial to all parties involved, and can be another way to oppress and abuse people.

Posted by: LongShawn93
  • Polygamy should not be legalised

Marriage is meant to show commitment to your ONE and ONLY love as well as it meant to bind them together. Also it could be confusing to the kid that they end up having. However if Polygamy does become legal I feel that it should only be allowed to happen if the partners know and give consent.
    And you cant say that these are the same arguments used from people who are against gay/lesbian marriage because I am all for it as if they love each other they should be together

• I do not believe that polygamy should be legalized because I think it is immoral.

It is my belief that polygamy is immoral and should not be legalized. Children are better off in a home with one father and one mother. I also think that polygamy demeans the status of women since no one woman in a polygamous relationship receives the affection and station in life that a woman in a traditional marriage enjoys.

Posted by: R0d0Ferdy
  • I strongly oppose legalizing polygamy, because it completely goes against the key rules of marriage.

I believe that a strong factor in creating a healthy long-lasting marriage is being faithful to one's partner. Trust and faithfulness are what keep couples together. Polygamy goes completely against this. It has been reported that in most polygamy-style relationships, one or more partners feel insignificant and uncomfortable with the arrangement. If a husband really loves his wife, he will be true and faithful to her, and will not need multiple partners.

Posted by: FinBIond
  • Polygamy is harmful to the family structure and to society and should not be permitted except in cases of religious tolerance.

It is well known by psychologists, and the community at large that polygamy is not a healthy family structure. It causes jealousy between the parties of the same sex that are sharing a life partner, causes confusion for children as to what love is, and creates a demeaning aspect for all woman in the society. Finally, men and women are created at an almost equal rate, and if polygamy was legalized and became the norm many men would be left w/out a woman to have a family with.

Posted by: daveyxh
  • I Support Toleration of Polygamous Relationships, But Not Legalization of Polygamous Marriages

If polygamous marriages are legalized, then how many wives would a man be able to legally take? Is a limit even necessary, or can a man marry 100+ wives if he wants to or "loves them all"? What about women? Would women be able to take more than one husband. If men can take more than one wife? What if everyone becomes married to a bunch of people who are married to a bunch of other people, who are also married to everyone else? In such cases, how would the government give benefits/privileges? I understand people should be free to choose how to live for themselves; I consider myself fairly liberal in most cases, as I do support gay marriage and don't think that polygamy is "a danger to society" or anything taboo. But although I support toleration of polygamous relationships, I do not think polygamous marriages should be legally recognized. The only way marriage could ever be legally functional is if it is between two consenting adults.

• Bad psychological health that almost certainly will lead to criminal actions.

To me it seems that there are specific things that are distinctly understood by people. One is that there are some roles in a person's life that needs to be filled by one person. Man is designed in such a way that if we want to satisfy a mate, we must give them our all and vise versa. You cannot deny this fact, it is in our nature and DNA. This is why so many marriages fail because somebody breaks this natural law of marriage or love and the lover gets hurt. So far this is no reason to keep polygamy illegal; but, if you provoke someone, they are likely to respond with violence and other illegal activity. Also to give one man this power of more than one wife is actually psychologically bad for his health. The issue of greed arises if you are religious or not. The more greedy he gets, the worst his psychological health which can lead to physical behavior to protect his pride and possessions. This can lead to the abuse to his female counterparts both physical and mental.