• Because it is a Concentual marrage between adults

Freedom to marry and raise children , Human are polygamys , Marrage was built by religion orthodox , Cheating rate is 50pc in marrage in USA , Will reduce income inequality and infertility problem as more people can marry up and will get supported for having and raising kids , good quality genes

• It exists anyway and by legalizing it we protect them

We cannot judge those people who wants to be in that type of marriage. Of course, it should be by agreement, first wife should agree or first husband should agree. It is happening, and we cannot just deprive them from their rights. If we give them rights, we will protect 2 and 3,4 wives legally and also their kids will be protected equally as kids of first wife. What if spouses will break up? Or he will die. Legally only first wife will have all of the support by law, not 2 or 3 wives or their kids. Thats why I think that polygamy should be legalized. And I am not saying polygyny, which is men having more than one wives, I am saying polygamy, which also can include polyandry, which is women having multiple wives. Thanks for attention!

• Your Relationships are Your Business...Not Mine.

I do not believe that states should be involved in marriage in any way.
    Who you choose to live with and how you define your relationships is between yourself and those in those relationships.
    If you wish to seek the approval of your family, your church or your community that is up to you.
    But I see no justification for government bureaucrats to have a say in those matters.

• Who are we to judge

Who are we to judge who gets to pick if a couple wants to get married and a group of three gets married if it doesnt harm anyone or add extra negativity then we really have no say into this i honestly believe it should be legalized everywhere and shouldnt have any negativity towards it

• It exists anyway

To say whether polygamy should be legalized is like to say whether superhighways should be paid for .They will be paid for anyway. The dilemma is whether they should be paid for the way it suits the rich –by tolls, or the way it suits the poor –by income taxes. As long as there are more women than men, polygamy will exist….Unless the excess of women are locked up in convents as the Romans and Greeks did, and later the church. If polygamy is legalized, the poorer, older and uglier women will get a husband and a family. If not, the richer, younger and prettier women will snatch husbands from the former women.

• It exists anyway

• It exists anyway

• Polygamy exists anyway

• Yes, legalize it

• Polygamy should be legalized

If you wanna get married to more than one person and everyone is consenting, then go ahead. Literally, it is not my business because I do not get to decide whether YOUR relationship is right or wrong. If same sex marriage is legalized then marriage between multiple people should also be legalized since one has the right to exercise their beliefs according to the First Amendment.

• Polygamy is completely wrong, because marriage should be between one man and one woman only.

The only evidence I need to give on this matter is what it says in the Bible. Or, one could just ask the majority of people how they feel marriage should be viewed, even if they weren't from a religious background. I mean, it really isn't that hard to explain just how most see it, which is marriage equals two people, not several.

Posted by: ladoblevida
  • No, because even monogamy already causes enough problems in this country.

People have trouble keeping one wife happy, and half of all marriages end in a messy divorce. If people were allowed to have more than one partner, this would just make the problem worse. There are already enough children and others whose lives are damaged by divorce with the rules the way they are. It does not need to be made any worse.

Posted by: R04chGrov
  • Polygamy shouldn't be legalized, because it denies the sanctity of marriage and normal Christian living.

Polygamy, or the practice of having more than one spouse, is not a Christian way to live life. It denies the sanctity of marriage, and it is not a healthy way to live. In our culture, in America, it would be life-shattering to most people. I realize other cultures are different, and that polygamy would be viewed differently, elsewhere. But, this doesn't make the practice, itself, right.

Posted by: ToyMatt
  • Polygamy should not be legalized, because it opens too many people up to abuse.

Polygamy is usually a way for men to abuse multiple women or young girls, like in the cases of the LDS men who were recently tried for this. I do not think that being married to multiple people is mutually beneficial to all parties involved, and can be another way to oppress and abuse people.

Posted by: LongShawn93
  • Polygamy should not be legalised

Marriage is meant to show commitment to your ONE and ONLY love as well as it meant to bind them together. Also it could be confusing to the kid that they end up having. However if Polygamy does become legal I feel that it should only be allowed to happen if the partners know and give consent.
    And you cant say that these are the same arguments used from people who are against gay/lesbian marriage because I am all for it as if they love each other they should be together

• I do not believe that polygamy should be legalized because I think it is immoral.

It is my belief that polygamy is immoral and should not be legalized. Children are better off in a home with one father and one mother. I also think that polygamy demeans the status of women since no one woman in a polygamous relationship receives the affection and station in life that a woman in a traditional marriage enjoys.

Posted by: R0d0Ferdy
  • I strongly oppose legalizing polygamy, because it completely goes against the key rules of marriage.

I believe that a strong factor in creating a healthy long-lasting marriage is being faithful to one's partner. Trust and faithfulness are what keep couples together. Polygamy goes completely against this. It has been reported that in most polygamy-style relationships, one or more partners feel insignificant and uncomfortable with the arrangement. If a husband really loves his wife, he will be true and faithful to her, and will not need multiple partners.

Posted by: FinBIond
  • Polygamy is harmful to the family structure and to society and should not be permitted except in cases of religious tolerance.

It is well known by psychologists, and the community at large that polygamy is not a healthy family structure. It causes jealousy between the parties of the same sex that are sharing a life partner, causes confusion for children as to what love is, and creates a demeaning aspect for all woman in the society. Finally, men and women are created at an almost equal rate, and if polygamy was legalized and became the norm many men would be left w/out a woman to have a family with.

Posted by: daveyxh
  • I Support Toleration of Polygamous Relationships, But Not Legalization of Polygamous Marriages

If polygamous marriages are legalized, then how many wives would a man be able to legally take? Is a limit even necessary, or can a man marry 100+ wives if he wants to or "loves them all"? What about women? Would women be able to take more than one husband. If men can take more than one wife? What if everyone becomes married to a bunch of people who are married to a bunch of other people, who are also married to everyone else? In such cases, how would the government give benefits/privileges? I understand people should be free to choose how to live for themselves; I consider myself fairly liberal in most cases, as I do support gay marriage and don't think that polygamy is "a danger to society" or anything taboo. But although I support toleration of polygamous relationships, I do not think polygamous marriages should be legally recognized. The only way marriage could ever be legally functional is if it is between two consenting adults.

• Bad psychological health that almost certainly will lead to criminal actions.

To me it seems that there are specific things that are distinctly understood by people. One is that there are some roles in a person's life that needs to be filled by one person. Man is designed in such a way that if we want to satisfy a mate, we must give them our all and vise versa. You cannot deny this fact, it is in our nature and DNA. This is why so many marriages fail because somebody breaks this natural law of marriage or love and the lover gets hurt. So far this is no reason to keep polygamy illegal; but, if you provoke someone, they are likely to respond with violence and other illegal activity. Also to give one man this power of more than one wife is actually psychologically bad for his health. The issue of greed arises if you are religious or not. The more greedy he gets, the worst his psychological health which can lead to physical behavior to protect his pride and possessions. This can lead to the abuse to his female counterparts both physical and mental.

Kristygrahan34 says2017-11-23T00:07:01.767
Why should we go back a Thousand Years. Marriage is a union between two people who love each other it is a sacred Union and under God's plan.

You start adding more people to the group and it turns into an orgy and perversion.

We are human beings not barbarians.