Should Pope Benedict XVI have canonized more saints?

• If Over Done It's Not Special

I do not believe Pope Benedict XVI should have canonized more saints. Sainthood takes time, of which, I think most people should understand. These cases are often handled one on one where they gather information and then come to a conclusion. I don't think Pope's should be required to meet a quota, because if it's overdone, it's not as special.

• No should not be forced

I think the decision to canonized saints should be a serious decision and not one that is done to everyone. I don't think it is right to criticize a pope for not canonizing enough. Canonizing is only meant for the truly deserving and should be kept in a high position.

• Saints really aren't that big of a deal any more.

No, Pope Benedict XVI should not have canonized more saints. When you talk to the Catholic Church officials these days, even some of them are privately saying the whole "saints" deal is a relic of a simpler time before science was a legitimate field of study. So the Church and the Pope were right to be more skeptical.

• Pope Benedict XVI should not have canonized more saints.

Pope Benedict XVI should not have canonized more saints. We do not want more saints in the church at this time because it devalues the meaning of being a saint. The church will be there for many many more years to come and we should not have to rush the process.

Pope Benedict XVI should not have canonized more saints. It will make the canonization of saints less important if it becomes more common. Popes should wait a longer time before canonizing candidates to be canonized. The church will last forever. There should be no rush for the canonization of genuine saints.