Should porn be illegal ? -please provide reasoning

Asked by: Debating.girl
  • Porn medically stimulates the brain in a bad and unhealthy way.

As you see in marijuana and other habit making products, your brain gets this feel good hormone A.K.A.( Dopamine) which last for a short period of time until your brain says you NEED it again. The same thing happens when you watch porn. The showing puts your brain in a state where it stimulates it alot in a little while, then your brain says you extremely need it. Over time this leads to your brain feeling as if it needs to watch porn as much it needs to breathe or walk. This also affects you see real woman such as your wife and such.

• Ban porn, stop the addiction

Many people get addicted to porn, porn addiction leads to;
    Less Sexual motivation
    Erectile disfunction
    Ruins relationships
    Causes self esteem issues

Porn can also make you lazy and weak. It is proven that porn takes away reality and brain washes viewers with fantasy. This means that when somebody comes to approach the opposite gender they expect more than the reality. Porn stars are fakes they pay to have implants and cosmetic surgery to get on the screens. Many people especially men feel like it is odd for them not to watch porn as it has become such a big part of society but really not watching porn makes you more of a person

If porn is banned or you get over your addiction you'll be;
    Happier
    More energised
    Able to find a relationship
    Expecting reality
    There will be less issues in the bedroom

Face it, porn is pointless. Everybody can get pleasure if they seek it in the right way. Sex and sexual acts should be meaningful, porn is just a fantasy. Reality is better right? Porn isn't the way forwards and it should be banned to break people's bad habits before it gets worse

• Porn is the root of society's problems.

Pornography has the ability to rewire people's brains and change the way they think and treat others, especially women. Most sexual addictions and cases of harrasment can be traced back to a pornography addiction. Pornography has become so easil accesible that children ten years old and under are discovering it every day. If pornography were banned, there would be a huge drop in sexual crimes, a greater respect for women and their bodies in the media, purer minds in our children, and overall, a more positive, socially correct world for everyone.

• Porn is crossing the line.

Even if some people have their tastes, porn is simply crossing the line between okay and inappropriate. Violence is one thing, because it can happen to both genders. Nudity is another, it's different on both genders, and it's simply a mature topic. There are laws against public nudity. Sure, there are laws against killing and attacking too, but these require a lot of action on the offender's part. Nudity does not. You can't kill someone through your computer, but you can show nudity, that the public can see, through your computer. There is the right to free speech, and porn may be taken as a form of this, but it is an extremely mature and inappropriate topic.

• Porn is Prostitution

Porn is no different that prostitution. The only difference is the presence of a camera. The adult film industry does NOT abide by the same rules as any other business. There have been numerous porn actors and actresses who have come forth and stated that they were treated horribly in the business. In "Hot Girls Wanted", a documentary centered around the lives and functioning of the porn industry, many girls describe their experiences as porn actresses as being filled with abuse and torment. One girl said that she would often be grabbed by the neck and choked during shootings. Merriam Webster defines prostitution as "the act of having sex in exchange for money", and the porn industry is a prime example of such an act. Additionally, porn encourages infidelity and disintegrates the morals of men and women alike in society, and gives sex an outrageously unrealistic view. There is an article on Dailymail that describes how porn affects fidelity in marriages--more specifically, how it disintegrates it. In modern day, the divorce-rates for married couples are higher than ever and the increasing sexualization of women over the years, as well as the growing availability of pornographic material, is a result of that.

To say porn is not prostitution is simply contradictory to the word's very definition. It destroys the self-esteem and image of thousands each day, not to mention its effects of the marriages within society.

Article Source:
    http://www.Dailymail.Co.Uk/news/article-2311947/The-infidelity-epidemic-Never-marriage-vows-strain-Relationship-expert-Kate-Figes-spent-3-years-finding-adultery-worryingly-common.Html

• Porn Should Be Illegal

Why SHOULDN'T porn be illegal? It is absolutely disgusting. It is disrespectful to humans in general. How can we sit there, on our computer, and watch other people have sex? Some of the times, people don't know they're being video taped and videos of them start to float around. Videos of them having sex with a sick-o who thought that it would be a great idea to show the internet something more than it needs to see. The internet lasts forever, you know. Even if you delete the video off the website, or the website in general, it would still be there, whether you realize it or not.

• Sex is natural

And so is masturbation. Some kind of stimulant doesn't hurt.

To counter Debating.Girl's arguments over there <<<--- ....

Porn is not as addictive as anyone thinks. To people who are addicted to porn... They aren't hurting anyone but themselves, and even then, masturbation is not a bad thing.
    I WANTED to have sex after watching porn, it doesn't lead to less sexual motivation.
    Masturbation does not lead to erectile dysfunction, lol.
    Porn only ruins relationships if the other partner does not approve, which is their personal choice, not the fault of porn.
    There's self esteem issues everywhere. "He's more attractive then me," "he has a nicer car," etc. And porn can be considered motivation to get in better shape or get a bigger... Hog.

I never understood the "porn is fake" argument. Sex is not fake. Maybe the girls' orgasms are, but that's probably more realistic than anything LOL.

"...Not watching porn makes you more of a person." Well at least people who watch porn don't insult people who don't watch porn.

If porn is banned, there will be illegal methods of obtaining pornography, which is extremely harmful to the whole of society's general safety and well-being. If you had to go cold-turkey from smoking, you wouldn't be happier, believe me.
    I'm just as energized after watching porn, and I'm less stressed. So no.
    I've been in plenty of relationships and never had a problem with porn, as I watched it regularly. They didn't complain and more times than not, the girl asked to watch too (f*ck yeah)
    Still unsure of this "reality" thing, I don't just go around expecting every girl to let me tie them upside down and have my way with a whip with them. However that porn is very rare.
    I never had any issues in the bedroom, that has nothing to do with porn.

Face it, porn is helpful. It relieves stress and helps with the general well-being of your mind and body. Porn is not "fake," it's literally sex that's just been recorded. If I record a car accident, does that make it fake? Lol

• Why? There's no reason

Let the people do what they want in their own privacy. People want to watch? Let them watch it's their lives. Some people have certain things they are into let them. Who are you to tell them what to and what not to do in their own privacy of their home

• Who's going to tell all the required stuff

U cannot ask u parents how things are done and books also don't provide information such precisely so how a boy or a teen would get to know about all the truth how would he know where what is to be put and how it is to be put .

• No reason to ban porn

There is absolutely no reason why we as people should ban porn. Sex is a natural thing and exists within everyone's inner soul. If we ban porn, than we ban our sexual desire and not having sexual desire is a terrible thing. It is up to us to stop watching porn

• It is a job too

I am a porn actor and yea it is how I make a living for all 10 of my children. I love them so much and need money. I have no other skills and this is a great opportunity to meet acting recruiters. I am half way to getting a job as a real actor and porn has helped me there.

• A job is a job.

Adult films are a business. This business may involve nudity and sex, but we still abide by the same rules of professionalism and respect for coworkers that apply to other businesses. What you see in porn movies is driven by an entire market which adult film studios are constantly researching and recording statistics on.

In my opinion, I don't believe that pornography and the performers should be demonized in such a way. These performers are simply human beings performing to please a wide range of audiences, in the expense of their own comfort and satisfaction (It's not about what the porn star wants).

• No Logical Reason

There is no logical reason to make pornography illegal as it has little to no adverse effects on the human body or psyche. It helps to relieve stress, prevent ED in later ages, and provides an easy way to achieve orgasm for those who might have trouble finding it elsewhere.