• Because I said.

There are CERTAIN people in the world today who are completely against prayer in schools. I can not think of any reason not to bring prayer back into school. If the child is not taught about God or religion at home or in school then this could be harmful to the child and also to the public. If anything, we already have prayer in school with the Pledge of Allegiance.

• yes, prayer shoud be ALLOWED.

This is a problem going on in my school now. i believe that prayer should NOT be mandatory but it should be ALLOWED. if we have the freedom to practice religion then we should be able to do that regardless of the place. i want to bless my food and I want to encorage myself and be able to push myself forward through the day with a little prayer; i believe I should be allowed.

• Prayer in school

If God is allowed everywhere on earth, then what makes schools different? Why should those who wish to pray be deprived the right? There are smoke rooms in public places to smoke,so why not make a prayer room in schools and colleges for those who wish to exercise their right to pray.

• Think about what you say before you say it...

If you don't think that prayer should be allowed in schools, then I don' t know what kind of person you are. Prayer SHOULD be allowed in schools. You just don't agree with this because your afraid that people will tease you. But guess what: THEY WON'T! Remember that schools ALLOW you to stand up for your beliefs. This just says that whoever wins, you're still allowed to pray in school. I pray in school and I'm only 11. Also, I'm not afraid to pray in school, unlike you. I'm a Christian boy and God has been blessing me in many ways. And I thinks God wants me to pray for you and to be a kind Christian to ALL of you. But I also think that he would want you to have some common sense and to get your act straight. Bye and may God bless you all...

• It should be allowed

What does the constitution say? The word of god should be brought to kids so they know about what the bible says. Many may not be religious but if you don't wanna pray you can go stand in the hall, or go to another class room. There is a higher percent of students who do believe in god and pray everyday. They should have the right to feel like they can come together and pray about issues and school.

• Yes prayer should be allowed in schools

Prayer should be allowed in schools because you never know what the next child, principal, teacher, staff or anyone in general are going through. So if someone takes the time out of their day and pray for or with that person or people their life can be much better. You don't know everyone struggle and struggles don't have a look to it.

• Think about it

You say that religion should not be allowed because there are many people from different cultures. And it is forcing them into a religion, but what about the kids that are Christian you are forcing them to not follow there religion so you are also forcing Christians into not believing because you will not allow them to be them selves.So what kind of example is that setting?

• Prayer Should be allowed definitely

I think prayer should be allowed because it is part of one of the amendments and if kids choose not to pray then they can go in the hall or to another classroom. Prayer is essential to kids who are Christians. Christian people pray every day and kids that are Christians should be allowed the privilege to pray in schools under any circumstances.

• Middle school teacher

I feel that prayer should be allowed so that freedom of expression can be driven positively. We have so many other freedoms of expressions that are not positive that have caused so many negative things to happened within our schools. Its time to turn those negatives into positives. Prayer is the answer!

• We Need Prayer in School.

We should have prayer in school, because it's the United States and the kids who don't want to pray, they don't have to. Kids should be able to pray in school when they want to. Some kids need to pray every day, every hour because that's their religion. Also some kids will be rude if they don't pray.

• No, it wastes time.

I say it should not, because if it was then it would take away school time and then they will get bad grades. Also they would get teased, mocked, bullied, punched, and threatened, so I say no, it should not be allowed. If it was then just think of all the different religions in the world.

• It should not be allowed.

No, prayer should not be allowed in school. Schools are a place where there are children of many different cultures and religions and it is not fair to have the children forced into one religion with allowing prayer in school. School is meant to be an unbiased place and allowing prayer takes that away.

• I don't like it

I am a high school student and i have had to deal with silent prayer time ever since I was in Kindergarten, that "moment of silence" was always super awkward for not only me, but other students as well. You just stand there and don't know what to do if you aren't religious..

• No, I disagree because there should be freedom of religion.

Why should prayer be brought into school when not everyone has the same beliefs. We have the choice to pray on our own but kids shouldn't be forced to pray in schools. If you want to be more involved with prayer in school then you shouldn't be going to a public school.

• There is no reason to pray in school.

If people pray in schools it would indeed waste time. So there is no reason to pray. The only time you should pray is in church if you have a religion. If you don't have a religion, then don't bother praying it's going to do you no good. People shouldn't be steered around and have their mind messed up by religion. People should be allowed to live their own way without the peer pressure of religion.

• It would influence individual's religion and could cause fighting.

It is unfair for people who don't believe to have to be taught about it and to be lectured or to forced to do anything religious in school. It is also unfair for people who do believe to have to sit and listen about other religions because it could start to persuade them when they really don't want to be persuaded. Parents might also want their children to be taught only specific things about religion.

• There are such things as Religious schools ...

If prayer is so important then take your child to a RELIGIOUS based school. If you go to PUBLIC school then you need to abide by the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE laws. While I have no problem with children praying before lunch or for a good grade on a test I do not believe there is a legitimate reason to allow it (aside from the two reasons I stated). If you allow prayer in school does that mean you allow Islam, Judaism, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Pagan, Rastafarian, Taoism and etc? If you cannot afford to send your child to a religious based school then suck it up and tell your child to pray at home or in school.

• Children in school are vulnerable.

If religion were allowed to be practiced in schools, it could leave many children vulnerable to bullies and hatred. It should be frowned upon to see people hated for religion these days, but hey, what can you do, this is what society is coming to. It is a complete shame.

• it shoudn't be allowed peroid.

i believe that prayer should not be publicly endorsed by schools whether the school is public or private. this should not happen because if a student with a non-mainstream way of praying could be singled out for bullying and this can causes the school enviroment to go from one of learning to a place that can become a negitive enviroment for the students.

• First amendment has given us the right to religion.

Since the first amendment has given us religious freedom that simply proposes we can practice whatever religion we want in our freedom full country of AMERICA! Pulling what has been set to be at home should not be forcefully changed by a teachers or administrators decision. School is a place where our kids LEARN and become better people for our countries future, so religion freely practiced elsewhere is a much better alternative than taking time from school on the desks. The bottom line is schools and religion should be separated

Anonymous says2013-09-19T23:55:48.630
We don't live in a State Atheist country like North Korea. People should have the right to express themselves. Atheists should stop whining and grow up. If atheists don't like religious freedom, they should move over to State Atheist dictatorships, they will fit right in.