Should pregnancy be classified as a medical condition?

Asked by: SegBeg
  • Of course it is.

A condition is not necessarily bad but just a state of existence. For instance when something in a collection is a perfect sample, it is said to be in mint condition.
    Thing is, the farther a pregnancy is along, the farther your likely to be from being in mint condition as your body suffers side effects from pregnancy. Back pain, constipation, leg cramps, dizziness, heartburn, high blood pressure, sickness (morning) among others are common side effects of pregnancy and the further along you are, the more likely you will have these detrimental conditions.
    Pregnancy can be fatal. In some parts of the world, 1 in 10 women die from pregnancy related issues. Clearly this is a condition that, like other medical issues, can be life threatening.

• No way and I don't see how that can be.

Pregnancy is not an illness. Being pregnant is a life changing experience. For a woman, it brings them the knowledge of starting another human life. Along with the suffering that lay ahead, followed by the endless embargo of activities to not do that will impact the human health. This is a way to understand life at its peak, a way to start a new future.

• No pregnancy is a good thing

All white women should get pregnant and have 20 white babies each. Pregnancy is a good thing it should not be classified as a bad medical condition. Pregnancy is natural and normal its what's supposed to happen. It shouldn't not be classified as a medical condition at all. So yeah.

• Of course not!!!

Pregnancy is not a disease that needs to be cured. Yes, it is a long, uncomfortable and difficult process but it is not something to be looked down upon. I have heard people say that is should be classified as a medical condition and I think that is ridiculous! The results of a disease are always negative whereas the results of pregnancy are positive -i know it is not always positive as it could result in the death of the baby, mother or both, but obviously it is supposed to be a joyful and exciting moment- not a time to grieve.

• Pregnant women are gross and not more special than anyone else

Gross and disgusting. You don't get medical treatment for a condition you choose to inflict upon yourself. I shouldn't have to deal with the aftermath of your sex especially when I had nothing to do with it. Asking for special treatment is what pregnant women do. You chose to carry it to term I am not putting out my cigarette, you can leave.