Should pregnant female students be allowed to attend their high school classes?

• They have a right to an education

Pregnant female high school students should be allowed to attend class. It is of the utmost importance to their future and their unborn children's future that they receive a good education. In fact, they should be encouraged to attend classes. Just because they are pregnant does not mean they should be shunned. There are many girls in high school who are sexually active, and just because the girls who happen to become pregnant have the evidence under their shirt, does not mean they should be treated any differently than all of the other students.

• Yes, The fuck. The have a reason to be more motivated then students who don’t have kids.

Why punish a student because they are pregnant? Those who said no probably are under the age of 15. I bet pregnant students can spell better then the ones who have no kids. Education is very important and being pregnant gives them a reason to work harder. The ones who say no can go ride a dick.

• Yes. Yes. Yes they do.

People make mistakes. Pregnant teens need to have a chance to continue education otherwise it’s discrimination. Pregnant teens already have a lot to go through don’t make education for us a problem. Why should pregnant teen education should be consfiscated? Pregnant teens are pregnant not dead. They can still attend school.

• Yes they should

Behind every condition there is a reason and is not always easy to tell people a reason behind our condition. We are all humans and we make mistakes and we cant control everything that happens in these world . So let us respect one another and these learners have right to education

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Of course, they should be allowed to go to school.

It will be the best if we allow them to make their own decisions whether they will attend school or not.It is clearly understandable that the future mother wants to have a bright future for her future child. Whether it is a mistake of a mother or an 'accident', the child should live well with a good future ahead of the child. Besides, it is not the fault of the baby anyway.

• I support this

I do not have an argument with this because the pregnant girl will learn from her mistakes and will get good education so that she can teach her children or child what to do and what not to do so that they don't repeat the same mistake over again .

• Absolutely she should

No one should be denied the right to education, it is a good way out of poverty, which a teen mum is headed for. I think schools should provide homestudy courses for pregnant girls as well as for students who are ill or injured. If girls are encouraged to both get an education and look after their babies, then not only they, but society benefits.

• Teenage pregnancy should be allowed in school

I agree pregnant teenager girls would be discriminated and judged by school mates and also their family's reputation and theirs would be ruined, but who are we as human beings to judge and discriminate her when she is going through a lot and also not knowing them. Instead of discriminating, judging and also saying that teenager pregnant girls should not be allowed in school, we should allow them to go to school so that they can provide for their child's welfare and being but also achieve their dreams. They made a mistake but they hopefully will learn from it, also there is this proverb that says " Every cloud has a silver lining" meaning that even in difficult situations it is always possible to get through them, so let education be the silver lining for these pregnant teenager girls.

Posted by: Poto
  • No. They are at higher risk for health issues

Students who are pregnant should consider home schooling during the term of their pregnancy. A 10th grader at my high school was kicked in the stomach and lost her baby. I would not entrust my unborn child's safety to careless hyper teens. I also do not believe it is the schools responsibility to look after the pregnant teens in case of pregnancy related health issues.

• They should not go to school.

Mothers should not go to school because they are always going to the bathroom, tired, or getting sick all the time. They should be homeschooled durning trimasters because, they wouldn't have to deal with kids being mean to them about being pregnant. At my school there is a girl who is pregnant and she was getting pushed in the hallways and she also was getting hit with basketballs. She was getting hated for being pregnant. She ended up killing herself because of the school.

• No they shdn't

As I was talking with my friend she told me that a friend had to read for the test which was going on in school ,, yet she was from an operation after giving birth ...Yet she was in great pain you cannot serve two masters at a ago as me Joyce nabagala I say no to that

• They chose to involve themselves in sexual activities (except in a case of rape) so they have to suffer the consequences of having a child.

They chose to be involved (except in a case of rape) in adult activities so they would have to face the consequences of being involved in activities that they are not supposed to take part in. They need to realize that their time for child bearing will come later in life. They are inexperienced and not mentally prepared to such activities.

• Well i do agree with what your saying so i willl suggest the same

The thing is you know right from wrong why would you put yourself in this position so suffer the consequences even though some young can be pregnant by rape
    but yes they should remain in school because second chances were made to give its all about her not you let she learn from her mistakes

• No they should not

I think they will not concentrate properly due to the fact that someone is inside of them growing which have alot of side effects that let them have to stop from school alot. And will cause them to be depressed and stress. Also their peers will make fun of them causing them to be sad and cast out.

• No they should not be allowed...This thing affects not only the learner but others too

I'm not saying pregnant learners should be denied education, according to the country's constitution, everyone has a right to education, including the pregnant learners...From my perspective this learners should rather consider home studying during their pregnancy period. Being a learner at the same time pregnant, it doesn't only affect you,it affects people and things around you...It affects other learners, it affects your reputation it affects the schools reputation, just imagine 100 school girls pregnant in the same school, 100 of them were one would not understand if it is a school or a pregnant women house. The law states clearly that everyone a child,adult, an elderly, a girl or a boy have a right to education,which means no age restriction in getting education. In my language there is a say that says "thuto ga e golelwe", which means you will never be too old to get education. What I'm implying on is that this learners should not be allowed to come to school when pregnant and they should come after they have gave birth. The other thing is that,these people need high and special medical care. They are also exposed to high danger, imagine if she trips and fall over,if she tries to buy lunch at a school kiosk and someone pushes her by mistake,if the boys mistakenly hit her tummy with a ball while playing. Imagine if she gives birth at school in most cases Prematurely that will require her to get a serious medical attention,it will disturb ongoing lessons this will cause a chaos..So they rather stay home during there pregnancy period, there is no use of going to school were in every week you will be absent for a medical check up..Were you fall asleep in class and were you will feel sick everytime this will affect other learners too....They shouldn't be allowed to come to school because their situation affects the majority over the minority .

• They have the right to finish school and have their education

1.) i think pregnant teens should NOT remain in school because of stress
    2.) the persons from their school would discriminate them
    3.) they can be a distraction to others:
    e.G her water bag could be broken during a class session
    her baby could kick while a teacher is in the class

Anonymous says2013-05-28T08:16:47.913
I think it is of paramount importance for female students to continue with their lessons whilst they are pregnant.If such students would be given another chance at school,this will help them understand the world better.Teachers and advisors will help them to realize their mistakes and help other non-pregnant students not to cope the same mistake.Depriving them off their education will result in them being drop-outs,resulting in unemployment.Thiswould be a great problem in their near future as such a person cannot go anywhere or do anything without a glimpse taste of education.So pregnant high school girls need a chance to complete their studies for the benefit of them and of their unborn babies