Should Prem Rawat and the Divine Light Mission be regarded as a cult?

• Yes, it should be.

The major religions of the world are problematic in themselves because instead of including people they have divided the population in most places. Cults are just offshoots of the major religions. And they often start out with good intentions but devolve. This Divine Light Mission is one of those types of offshoots that is a cult.

• Yes, Prem Rawat and the Divine Light Mission should be considered a cult.

I think that Prem Rawat and the Divine Light Mission should be considered a cult. A lot of their behavior and beliefs seems to warrant their organization to being called a cult. I think that when people like them exist, it only harms other religions. That is why I think they should be considered a cult.

• i'm pretty firmly atheist

I tend to think that all organized religions are cults, however from what I have read of the Divine light mission they seem more of a philosophy. No dogma or body of specific laws and teaching, or specific creators. If that's true, and it's not just a smokescreen like Scientology for a bunch of lunatic weirdness and or scam tactics, then sure, philosophies are great, no need to believe in magic.

• No, it should not.

If you were to call this a cult, then every religion should be considered a cult as well. This is just an
    individuals beliefs, and to call it a cult is an insult to any form of off things people like to believe in, I don't think people would enjoy it if I were to call a popular religion a cult.

• No, it should not.

If you were to call this a cult, then every religion should be considered a cult as well. This is just an individuals beliefs, and to call it a cult is an insult to any form of off things people like to believe in, I don't think people would enjoy it if I were to call a popular religion a cult.