Should “premium” passengers be allowed to jump the queues at airport security?

Asked by: brian_eggleston
  • It is not wrong.

As said before, if one is willing to pay for it, then why should'nt they. If one wants to have that luxury and is ready to spend that kind of money then it is that respective persons decision. One cannot question why are they getting privlege. So i feel it is not wrong in doing so.

• If people are willing to pay for it,,,

If someone pays a premium for these tickets, then they are paying for something extra. It's not a matter of anyone being better than anyone else, it's simply a matter of what someone did or did not purchase. Those in coach did not pay for premium service, so they received coach service. Those in business class payed for business class service and they received such. It's simply receiving a purchased service, or level of service as the case may be.

• It is not wrong.

• I don’t consider myself any more important than anyone else and I don’t believe I should receive better treatment from public servants airports.

At the weekend I flew back to London from Rome but there was an accident on the autostrada which meant I arrived at the airport less than hour before the scheduled departure time.

If I were travelling economy (coach) class I’d be hard pressed to get through check-in and security before the gate closed, but as I was travelling business class I went straight to the executive lounge where a member of staff checked me in while I quaffed fine Italian wine and grazed on freshly-prepared Italian food.

Then, after I had gone outside for a leisurely cigarette, a member of staff escorted me straight to the front of the very long queue for security where I was allowed to push in front of everybody else.

Great, apart from a few barbed comments and nasty looks of the people in the queue, but why should business and first class passengers get special privileges from the security services at the airport? They are, after all, government officials.