• Preteens should be responsible for their actions.

By having social media, they will learn what is appropriate to post, comment or say. At what age did you get social media? 11? 12? That's called preteens! Social recognition is very important when you're going through adolescence. Cyber bullying may be a problem, but if preteens were matured enough, they would know not to cause it and to avoid it.

There are different types of social media. Messenger and WhatsApp are social media platforms and I don't see the wrong of it. (You use it to text your friends and people you know) If someone you don't know starts sending messages, you should block them. In Instagram, you can make a private account.

• Depends on child

I think that preteens are responsible so they should be able to use social media like every body they can be responsible and if they are not they can become responsible I also think that preteens should be taken seriously. Preteens are also mature enough to ignore cyber bullies. Thank you

• Depends on child

I am the person who made this, but I wanna here your opinion! I think it depends on the person and if there responsible. If they are unreliable and the parents aren’t ready than maybe wait till there a little older (like 13). So yeah 😀👍 they could also work to be on social (cleaning house,helping taking care of little siblings, etc)

• No. Just no

Kids do not understand the complexity of how social media works.
    - They have not understood that people have different opinions and they are not tolerant enough with different opinions.
    - Secondly they do not have the mindset to understand the consequences of what could happen if a post is misinterpreted.

With those two points mentioned this could have a disastrous impact towards preteens and could potentially ruin them.

• It can become very DANGEROUS!

Preteens don't know what to do with social media. They might search inappropriate things so parents need to be aware of what their children are searching for. It can become very dangerous in the sense that some random person starts to chat with a child and the child thinks that the random person is being kind or nice so it is ok.

• They could see or share bad things.

A child can easily accidentally post something or even not know that what they posted was bad, they could share private information or private images. They could also come across images and information that they shouldn't see such as violence, adult content or things that could easily influence their young minds as they grow up.

• Must be mature enough

Kids these days are quite naïve. They do not understand complex situations that are portrayed by this world on the internet. It is better to learn these things in a safe environment, because on the internet, anything can happen. Being mature, helps kids to understand the meaning of certain circumstances.

• Preteens shouldn't have social media!

I think that social media is bad because some people might talking about inappropriate things in chats that kids shouldn't hear. People might also post scary or inappropriate pictures. If the picture insults other people, then they might feel depressed. Preteens should not have social media because it is bad for them!

• Must be a teenager

Kids under 13 they don't know what to do with social media they might see bad things and sometimes they post wrong photos of their self that they are not suppose to there is millions of things for kids under 13 to do they can play games with tablets and other stuff

• COPPA exists for a good reason

Heck no they shouldn't! There is so many inappropriate things on social media that can scar children! Even I have seen disgusting things that I didn't want to see on total accident. It's atrocious. Plus on all social media you must be over 13 to have an account anyway, it's the law. (COPPA)Plus it's in the terms of use.

I'm 13 and I waited, it's not very hard. Kids need to be patient and wait until they turn 13, you may not like it but it's the cold hard TRUTH. That's why I report all children under 13 on Instagram I can find. Kids shouldn't waster their childhoods on social media. If they want to make friends and can't find them in real life then perhaps they should play one of those kids virtual worlds. (Animal jam, for example)

• More prone to seeing undesirable things

While at first glance, it may seem unimportant or petty; but its already apparent enough that the young teens of today are really into seeing things they really aren't ready for just yet. So allowing preteens to have social media and eventually learning complete knowledge of it; they will delve deeper and even see something that either scares them or leaves them curious for the worse