Should prisoners be used in scientific experiments?

• Pedophiles for expermentation

The prisoners who are in jail for sexual assault or rape should not a have a choice in the matter. They do not deserve rights in prison when they took the rights from the the person they assaulted. They should be used for experimentation. It should be voluntary for the rest of the prisoners

• Yes, but only for people who are on a death sentence.

I agree that prisoners who are on a death sentence should be used in scientific experiments because they have done something really bad. What is the point in just waiting until they die? It's is fair that death sentence prisoners can be used because they shouldn't have committed the crime when they had a choice, they should have just not done it and lived a life without all this hassle.

• I'm doing a critical essay...

And I agree with this but only on death row inmates. One of my points is that there would be no need for animals to be tested. Animals are innocent, criminals are not.
    Also would you sacrifice the life of a rapist or murderer whom have chosen to rape or brutally kill innocent people to save innocent people suffering from disease that they didn't choose to have.
    These criminals know what they are doing when they do it, they know the punishment but they do it anyway and it makes me sick that people are trying to give these people second chances. Criminals are not like animals criminals are monsters.

• Good choice !

I agree we should do scientific experiments on prisoners.

They did terrible things, and i don't care if they're humans.

For example take a look at the poor INNOCENT ANIMALS we're using now for experiments , they're innocent !
    Where's the logic ?....

I say we need to leave the innocent animals alone !
    And start doing experiments on prisoners(Serial killers, rapists, thieves, Etc).

Think about it, we're using innocent animals for our cruel experiments...
    Those innocent animals don't deserve such a thing...
    Those prisoners deserve it .

• Good choice !

I agree that we should do scientific experiments on prisoners, they did terrible things to innocent people.

They don't deserve to live after what they have done, they can be used in some experiments.

For example take a look at the poor innocent animals we're using now for experiments.

Why innocent animals and not some bad people that did something terrible ?

And start making experiments on prisoners(Serial killers, rapists, thieves, Etc)

• Logically it's a YES

Voilation of medical ethics, which includes experimenting on a subject without consent. However, in this case their is no good or bad their is only better or worse. If the above policy is not supported a pandamec may develop without a vaccine, evenutally causing millions of deaths. These criminals are of no good to the society, on the contrary have voilated human rights. Hence, they are better option for experimentation rather than animals. Their indulgence may be compensated with their punishment.

• I'll support the animals..

I think it's a better idea to test on prisoners next to testing on other animals. A lot of people are saying there are so many wrongly accused criminals, which is still eons smaller to the percentage of criminals that aren't strongly accused.

"What if you were one of the wrongly accused victims? You wouldn't be in favor of it then. "

What if I wasn't born human? I wouldn't have a say in anything. I would be deemed less than because I can't speak in any human tongue. I'd be used for whatever a human would want me for.

Therefore, if I'm choosing between an alleged serial killer and a homeless dog to test on, surely I'm picking the human.

• Yes it is

It is acceptable to infringe on the rights of criminals sentenced to death penalty in order to save massive quantity of human life and preserve the continioty of human race. Prisoners now are sentenced to the death penalty and they never get punished they just stay in there till they die of old age. That's why it should only be done on prisoners with a death penalty.

• Not worth the money

Are we really just going to sit here and watch as the men and women who took lives, futures, and minds sit in luxury and get fed three times a day? We as tax payers are paying for these criminals to live! They do not benefit society in any way and therefore are a simple waste of space! You can go and say all you want about it being unethical to run medical experiments on these imbeciles, but it doesn't even matter! They should have considered human rights when they took it away from those people they killed or raped or whatever they did! It's sickening and we need to step up and do something about it, and we might as well as benefit from it

• Yes but not all

Only the extreme criminals should be used for the medical experiments as they have violated the human rights of the people and becoz they are threat to the society. Its better than giving them death penalty becoz it would save a lot of money for the govt and the innocent volunteers from sacrificing.

• Amen to the no

People r like super mean and its super unnfair to their like human rights. LOL i cant believe im doing this ;) anyways what if u was a prison and they were gonna espearmint on yalls. It dudn't seem fair! Meany weany! Not funny! Seriously messed up, its just plain wrong

• According to human rights:

It does not give the right for anyone to just grab your rights like this, as they do not have a specific rule for doing such a thing like that. It is against the principle of proportionality for retributive justice. They are human maaaaaannnn!!!!!!!!!!!. Just put your self in his shoes.

• We are human!!!!

Most criminals who have done things bad enough to deserve a death row have mental problems. Those people should be given rehab and reformation. There is a difference between killing someone and torturing them. Torturing them says something about who you are as a human, not about them. Are you willing to lose your humanity in the name of 'justice'?

• If medical testing then what's next? Eating them?

1. Consent before experimentation is a must according to Himan Rights. In lieu, although the criminal has stolen someone else's human rights, it does it give the government the right to stoop down to his level and do the same thing. Because this will just result in a society with 0 tolerance and no scope of rehabilitation or forgiveness
    2. Prior medical history is a must for experiments to be conducted or the results can be misleading. Since criminals do not have medical histories with them, doing such experiments is harmful not only to them but also all of us
    3. In addition, it illegal to give any human a new medicine before testing it on animals. And while I am completely against testing on animals, testing on criminals doesn't seem right either

And to conclude, for the aboce mwntioned reasons, i think that whilw animal testing is inhuman, it cannot and should not be replaced by testing on criminals and reducing them to mere subjects of a laboratory experiment. We need to find another more sensible solution.

• No no no

They are also humans like us ... They are not born by criminality but the conditions which made them to commit crime ... If sum1 says YES to experiment on prisoners I would ask them first to experiment medications on themselves ... They are criminals k but if we have an intention to experiment on prisoners then we will became the real criminals

• No, prisoners should not be used for scientific experiments.

I believe just because a person does wrong does not mean we should make them experiments for our benefits. Prisons are places where people are given opportunities to reform. That should be our aim as a society.
    Additionally, not every person in prison is usually guilty of an offense. People get framed everyday in our lives. We should not make the double mistake of punishing the may be innocent prisoners.
    We should exercise empathy, at times we need to think if we were prisoners, what would we like done to us. We should never think that we can never be prisoners. We are humans, we can find ourselves in situations such as anger, that drive us to prison.

• Cvhjk xdfghui sdfghjk

Dfghch ghj h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h

• It is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS INHUMANE, ITS CRUEL!!!!, SICK!!!!!, DISGUSTING, AND AGAINST MORALITY AND MEDICAL ETHICS!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALSO WE CANT FORGET ABOUT THESE>
    1. Protection of prisoners rights.
    2. No cruel and unusual punishments are aloud.
    3. Defending on Opp's argument 1
    4. Defending on Opp's argument 2 and 3.
    5. Against principle of criminal justice.
    ALSO!!! TRY PUTTING YOURSELF IN THEIR SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!!