Should prisoners be used in scientific experiments?

• I'm doing a critical essay...

And I agree with this but only on death row inmates. One of my points is that there would be no need for animals to be tested. Animals are innocent, criminals are not.
    Also would you sacrifice the life of a rapist or murderer whom have chosen to rape or brutally kill innocent people to save innocent people suffering from disease that they didn't choose to have.
    These criminals know what they are doing when they do it, they know the punishment but they do it anyway and it makes me sick that people are trying to give these people second chances. Criminals are not like animals criminals are monsters.

• Good choice !

I agree we should do scientific experiments on prisoners.

They did terrible things, and i don't care if they're humans.

For example take a look at the poor INNOCENT ANIMALS we're using now for experiments , they're innocent !
    Where's the logic ?....

I say we need to leave the innocent animals alone !
    And start doing experiments on prisoners(Serial killers, rapists, thieves, Etc).

Think about it, we're using innocent animals for our cruel experiments...
    Those innocent animals don't deserve such a thing...
    Those prisoners deserve it .

• Good choice !

I agree that we should do scientific experiments on prisoners, they did terrible things to innocent people.

They don't deserve to live after what they have done, they can be used in some experiments.

For example take a look at the poor innocent animals we're using now for experiments.

Why innocent animals and not some bad people that did something terrible ?

And start making experiments on prisoners(Serial killers, rapists, thieves, Etc)

• Logically it's a YES

Voilation of medical ethics, which includes experimenting on a subject without consent. However, in this case their is no good or bad their is only better or worse. If the above policy is not supported a pandamec may develop without a vaccine, evenutally causing millions of deaths. These criminals are of no good to the society, on the contrary have voilated human rights. Hence, they are better option for experimentation rather than animals. Their indulgence may be compensated with their punishment.

• I'll support the animals..

I think it's a better idea to test on prisoners next to testing on other animals. A lot of people are saying there are so many wrongly accused criminals, which is still eons smaller to the percentage of criminals that aren't strongly accused.

"What if you were one of the wrongly accused victims? You wouldn't be in favor of it then. "

What if I wasn't born human? I wouldn't have a say in anything. I would be deemed less than because I can't speak in any human tongue. I'd be used for whatever a human would want me for.

Therefore, if I'm choosing between an alleged serial killer and a homeless dog to test on, surely I'm picking the human.

• Yes it is

It is acceptable to infringe on the rights of criminals sentenced to death penalty in order to save massive quantity of human life and preserve the continioty of human race. Prisoners now are sentenced to the death penalty and they never get punished they just stay in there till they die of old age. That's why it should only be done on prisoners with a death penalty.

• Not worth the money

Are we really just going to sit here and watch as the men and women who took lives, futures, and minds sit in luxury and get fed three times a day? We as tax payers are paying for these criminals to live! They do not benefit society in any way and therefore are a simple waste of space! You can go and say all you want about it being unethical to run medical experiments on these imbeciles, but it doesn't even matter! They should have considered human rights when they took it away from those people they killed or raped or whatever they did! It's sickening and we need to step up and do something about it, and we might as well as benefit from it

• Yes but not all

Only the extreme criminals should be used for the medical experiments as they have violated the human rights of the people and becoz they are threat to the society. Its better than giving them death penalty becoz it would save a lot of money for the govt and the innocent volunteers from sacrificing.

• Yes, under proper guidelines and safety measures.

I support it only on death row inmates. While an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, i believe a life for a life is a debt they must pay. Don't tell them their life is worthless but give them a chance to repay the debt. I do agree that they gave up their humanity when they murdered, raped, and molested multiple victims, thus destroying lives. And when the court sentences you to death row, the deem you as no longer worthy of life, so in a way the court relieves you of your rights and i don't see how medical experimentation is any worse.

• Yes gjj gjj

Hh&uuuuuuuooooooiiuhhbbhhhuojjhhhuuhhyyyyyyyyyyy yk jk jk kk hhh kjh gb hj hh hh bb bb. Bbn hjh hhhgf dd fgi ukv gk f dgbb hjlm hh gv vg vg vg gg gg ggvtgvgg. Gggv vghkljh llo op pp hh cc bb hh jj mm nn xx zz d sz r edd hh

• According to human rights:

It does not give the right for anyone to just grab your rights like this, as they do not have a specific rule for doing such a thing like that. It is against the principle of proportionality for retributive justice. They are human maaaaaannnn!!!!!!!!!!!. Just put your self in his shoes.

• We are human!!!!

Most criminals who have done things bad enough to deserve a death row have mental problems. Those people should be given rehab and reformation. There is a difference between killing someone and torturing them. Torturing them says something about who you are as a human, not about them. Are you willing to lose your humanity in the name of 'justice'?

• If medical testing then what's next? Eating them?

1. Consent before experimentation is a must according to Himan Rights. In lieu, although the criminal has stolen someone else's human rights, it does it give the government the right to stoop down to his level and do the same thing. Because this will just result in a society with 0 tolerance and no scope of rehabilitation or forgiveness
    2. Prior medical history is a must for experiments to be conducted or the results can be misleading. Since criminals do not have medical histories with them, doing such experiments is harmful not only to them but also all of us
    3. In addition, it illegal to give any human a new medicine before testing it on animals. And while I am completely against testing on animals, testing on criminals doesn't seem right either

And to conclude, for the aboce mwntioned reasons, i think that whilw animal testing is inhuman, it cannot and should not be replaced by testing on criminals and reducing them to mere subjects of a laboratory experiment. We need to find another more sensible solution.

• No no no

They are also humans like us ... They are not born by criminality but the conditions which made them to commit crime ... If sum1 says YES to experiment on prisoners I would ask them first to experiment medications on themselves ... They are criminals k but if we have an intention to experiment on prisoners then we will became the real criminals

• No, prisoners should not be used for scientific experiments.

I believe just because a person does wrong does not mean we should make them experiments for our benefits. Prisons are places where people are given opportunities to reform. That should be our aim as a society.
    Additionally, not every person in prison is usually guilty of an offense. People get framed everyday in our lives. We should not make the double mistake of punishing the may be innocent prisoners.
    We should exercise empathy, at times we need to think if we were prisoners, what would we like done to us. We should never think that we can never be prisoners. We are humans, we can find ourselves in situations such as anger, that drive us to prison.

• Cvhjk xdfghui sdfghjk

Dfghch ghj h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h

• It is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS INHUMANE, ITS CRUEL!!!!, SICK!!!!!, DISGUSTING, AND AGAINST MORALITY AND MEDICAL ETHICS!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALSO WE CANT FORGET ABOUT THESE>
    1. Protection of prisoners rights.
    2. No cruel and unusual punishments are aloud.
    3. Defending on Opp's argument 1
    4. Defending on Opp's argument 2 and 3.
    5. Against principle of criminal justice.
    ALSO!!! TRY PUTTING YOURSELF IN THEIR SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!!

• Prisoners have been used for experiments in the past... FAILED

In the 1930s and 1970s, there were two major experiments done in prisons. One in Pennsylvania and the other in Tuskegee. Researchers told the prison inmates that it is fully voluntary, and if they volunteer that they would get benefits, like money or early release. Although it was voluntary, the prisoners were not given information about the exact drugs and medications that they would be testing. Most of the volunteers experienced crucial pain and were not given the benefits they were promised. The inmates were released untreated, spreading any diseases to everyone around them. Researchers took advantage of that fact that inmates had less government protection and fewer rights. Researchers tested exposure to radiation, carcinogenic pesticides, psychotropic drugs, cosmetics and a variety of infectious diseases. All prisoners that volunteered or that were forced to take place in the experiments, died or are very ill. A former prisoner was interviewed in the 1960s. He volunteered to test a bubble bath. He gave the researchers his consent, but he didn't know that the researchers left out critical information. He didn't know that a layer of his back would be peeled off and that he would be exposed to harmful chemicals. In both major experiments in prisons, many people in and out of the prison had died.