• They are citizens

If we are telling our citizens to be nice, why are we treating criminals badly? We are being hypocrites and we shouldn't repay anyone evil for evil. In my opinion, I believe that prisoners should still have their rights since they are still humans like us, not animals. I don't think prisoners should be treated too nicely and should be treated normally. I think they should be treated nicely if they need help, are dealing with stress, or anything else like that. I think they should be treated a little bit badly if they misbehave or disobey the rules.

I think that mentally ill people, psychopaths, and other people like them should seek treatment so they can receive the help they need. I don't believe they should be punished.

• Of course they should.

People make mistakes. Some people are in jail for petty crimes. Should we really force felons to give up their most basic right? No, we shouldn't. People change and the point of prison is for the criminal to serve their time. By the time they come out, the world will have slightly changed. But just because a felon did a crime, that doesn't mean that they aren't able to think clearly. Their crime has nothing to do with who the next president will be and they should be able to still contribute to society.

• Should prisoner's be able to vote

Its thee future when the come out of there prison . So yeah they should be able to vote . So we should do it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• You betcha they should.

Many inmates need structure and prison can give them that structure. Prison punishes them for their crimes, as well as give them they opportunity to educate themselves and learn skills they could use once they are released from prison. This will help them to get a job upon release. Thus, lowering the recidivism rate.

• Prisoners should have more rights

The point of prison should not be to stick criminals in a hole for a couple of years and then let them out. Prison should focus on actual rehabilitation of prisoners so that they don't end up in prison again, which most of them do. In order to ensure that people don't go back to prison, we must give them rights that allow them to better themselves while in prison, such as access to further learning, therapy, etc.

• Yes, prisoners should.

The reason I think prisoners should have more rights is because the vast majority are not violent offenders. There are many who simply got busted for having marijuana or being found drunk in public too many times. I do think the minority, who are rapists and murderers, deserve to have their rights stripped.

• 7iyuuutu y r r

Y t tt t tt ttttt ttt ttt tt tt t tt t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t tseee e ee e e e e e e e e eee ee ee ee e e eeee ee e e e ee e ee

• Why would they get more rights as the consiquense for breaking the law?

First of all, rehabilitation is not a right. In most prisons, the people there are FORCED to go into rehab depending on what their in for. Second, what on earth type of punishment would consist of MORE rights then before they went to prison? The only ligit rights a locked up criminal should get is that of food, sleep, attorny and metical treatment if needed.

• No, prisoners should not have more rights.

Before a prisoner became a prisoner, he or she had all the same rights as other citizens. In breaking the law, a prisoner has performed actions showing that he or she cannot handle or abide by the rights they have. Therefore, it is not necessary to give prisoners more rights. They will receive more rights when they leave prison.

• No, prisoners should have basic rights only.

No, I don't think prisoners should have more rights. If someone is in prison, it is because they were convicted of a crime against society or their fellow man. Being in prison is their punishment. While they are in prison, until their sentence has been served, they need only basic rights: to be fed, clothed, medical attention, and the right to an attorney.

• They lost them by committing the crimes

Today in the United States, the majority of prisoners have more rights and privileges than most of the people who are living around the world in poverty. They have a place to sleep, food to eat, and enough recreation and mental stimulation. Some people around the world would prefer a prison to their current conditions because it at least means somewhere warm and something to eat.