Should pro athletes be held to a higher standard?

• I agree with that statement.

Today's sportsmen and women are not only people that play sports, but are considered as role models. This means that they have an influence on people especially the young; if they exhibit had behavior, they can negatively influence others. For this reason, it is essential that their persona possess qualities and attributes that embody upright behevior.

• Indeed they Shall

With the number one percentage of watched entertainment in the United States, the athletes performing in these competitions should be the utmost perfect example of what a valiant citizen is. Not only for us and our entertainment, but for our children, who look up to these men and women as modern day heroes.

• Yes I agree

Pro athletes should be on a higher standard because kids look up to and call them there idol. If they find out that player did wrong, them kids would not be able to find another idol because they can't trust players on there mistakes. In conclusion, yes players are put at a high standard.

• Yes, I agree

I agree that sports stars should be held at a higher standard than those who are not. When youth today watch sports and truly want to be like those individuals on teams, they have a responsibility to the youth to be ethically and morally sound members of society. Youth today need role models.

• Yes, I agree

• Yes, pro athletes should be held to a higher standard

I believe that pro athletes should be held to a higher standard. Athletics are highly valued in our culture and many youngsters look up to pro athletes. Some kids aspire to be pro athletes when they get older. Pro athletes need to realize that they are role models to so many children and live their lives in a highly respectable and moral way.

• Yes they should

D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd dd d d d d d d dd d dd d d dd d d d d d d ddd d d d

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Why Should They?

Role Model- Kids look up to their parents as role models. It's a fact. They look up to athletes to further their expertise in their selected talent
    Expectation- The public expect more from athletes than they should. They are human who have exploited their talents and achieved greatness, they are not gods.
    Media- The media exposed them, place them where they are constantly on sight and every little thing they do is exploded into something much bigger than it would be if it were an average citizen.
    Athletes suffer just as much as everyone else, they go through crisis more than the average and to mention personality. They no longer have. With no privacy, there is no personality. And their lives are constantly exposed to the public an their private affairs is not private at all, they start wondering who they are and the journey to find themselves is forever unending.

• No they shouldn't

They shouldn't because they are like all of us normal people for example if the commit a crime or do something that a normal person shouldn't do and the normal person goes to jail, than that celebrity should be treated the same way as the normal people do.
    Who cares if they have a lot of money in their pockets, it doesn't give them the right to do the wrong things.

• No, not at all.

Just like the Roman plebian/patrician problem, unless the pampered elite are held to the same standards as us common people, those common people will eventually rebel. I'd rather have democracy than anarchy, so I hope that pro athletes will be held to the same standard. A solution to the whole "they can pay more" argument can be easily solved with a fixed percentage of your money as a fine. This also helps with people who are poor.

• Athletes didn't chose to be role models.

Athletes are humans like you and me. Sure kids watch them everyday and want to be exactly like them but regular people do the bad deeds like the athletes all the time. Athletes are just people who have amazing skill and are put on a pedestal. And remember the media changes the stories that the athletes do.

• No, theyre are people like you and me.

Pro-athletes are people that have been blessed with a great talent or skill. Because of this, the media follows them around. People make mistakes, its what makes us human, so when they do make a mistake the media is right there to catch it, and blow it up. As parents it our job to instill characteristics and values into our children so that they know those actions are wrongful.

• No, they're just people.

For some reason we tend to put athletes on a pedestal in this country, and they don't deserve to be there. Sure, they should be admired for their dedication and commitment, but they're people just like the rest of us, and we do ourselves a disservice and it is unrealistic to expect that they should be better than the rest of us.

• I am not your role model

I believe Charles Barkley said it best with the Nike ad in the 90's. Sports athletes are not role models. They shouldn't be put on a pedestal. They are humans like me and you. They make mistakes. Huge ones and small ones as well.

The only difference is that their mistakes give us news. Their mistakes are shown to the world.

• No, they're just people.