• No true home ownership

As long as one has to pay property tax no one will ever own their home- they will simply lease it from the government. You can have your entire house paid off, but never completely. Just like in "Goodfellas." Can't come up with your regular payment to Paulie? F-U! Pay me! And what about us dinks that have to pay for someone else to have a litter of kids and expect others to pick up the tab. And to cover the argument that someone paid for me to go to public school- I'll compromise and pay property tax for 12 years and then be done.

• Property Tax--An Unreasonable Unjustifiable Destructive Burden

Property tax can unfairly turn the "American Dream" of home-ownership into a nightmare of home-forfeiture and homelessness. It seems to erroneously link home-ownership to income and revenue. In reality, some homeowners, particularly retirees, have little or no income. Some depend solely on social security benefits. Consequently, many have to take out loans to pay property taxes, thereby becoming more exposed to home-forfeiture. Despite their difficulties, they are unconscionably burdened annually with property taxes--town tax and school tax. This unjustifiable tax must be abolished.

• FIRST STEP: decriminalize non-payment of property tax

The low hanging fruit here is to decriminalize.

In other words: make it ILLEGAL for government to seize the homes of Americans for reasons of non-payment of property tax (or any other tax).

It seems much more difficult to approach the issue by trying to abolish the property tax outright. It's much more obvious to people that they should have the right to truely own their homes -- which implies that nobody has the right to seize someone's home and make them homeless.

Decriminalize non-payment first. OUTLAW home seizures.

• Property Tax is an inequitable levy

Property taxes pay for libraries, hospitals , emergency services, and mostly education (as much 80%). Why should some members of the community contribute and others not. The argument that homeowners have more money is unsupportable. This tax is a disincentive for middle- and lower-income citizens to invest. Likewise the argument that home investor can simply raise rent to pay their taxes shows ignorance of economic trends. The market controls rental rates with the property owner having little control. Essentially, someone who chooses to buy a home or two to rent out as a business is triple taxed: on the income, via property tax, and on capital gains (if there is a gain). No other occupation is so burdened. While both income and capital gains have a basis in paying on what you earn, property tax is without foundation and is essentially unconstitutional (dare I say extortion).

• Property tax abolished

Why should people pay more for everything any how we pay 30% of our salary why more? We pay a lot in every state BPL or APL and every month the rate on everything increases it is no use Indian society it is a burden on every human being in our country.

• Stop the tyranny

The concept of land ownership is currently nonsense. You don't own it. Think you do? Well try and stop paying your property tax. The government will come and take everything you OWN. That "tax" is essentially rent money paid to your government. Stop paying rent, they kick you out. You don't own it! However, when I buy a TV do I keep paying tax on it or is it a one time thing? Its time for people in mass to stop paying these BS taxes. Time to take a stand against tyranny you serfs!

• I want to own my home and property outright, not continue to pay some fee or tax equal to a rent payment.

Cities, towns and counties have all incorporated to business like entities, so why should we continue to deregulate corporations and over regulate the people. Let the people own something. They don't even spend the money for the things the people want , instead they follow their corporate chronys leads on how to spend.

• Property is a personal asset. It should be free of any tax once purchased

We are talking about peoples homes. They work their entire lives to make a living and still are stuck with property taxes which if unpaid results in the loss of their private property, their home, the family farm, what ever the case. I do know the all levels of government need some form of income. But over spending because governments have a bleeding cash cow in private property taxing... Its just wrong.. I am fine if they charge a standard sales tax, like everything else.. ONE TIME. Once that property tax is paid at the purchase it can never be taxed again unless the owner sales it. There should not be ANY form of inheritance tax if the property is passed down in the family.. Currently we are being extorted of our money and property.. Its criminal in my book to hold my property hostage to extort money from me, and my family. In Pennsylvania they say it’s a “school tax”, with the government in charge of schools is one of the major problems as to why our education system is so bad. My children are all grown up and I still have to pay property/school tax??? Our government send billions of dollars a year to other countries that HATE us and then we are extorted for “school tax”, are you kidding me….? Did you know of all the nations involved in the “United Nations”, the USA pay over 70% of the money fund the UN?? We are being robbed by our government, they are stealing our property and ruining lives of Americans.

• Property is a personal asset. It should be free of any tax once purchased.

We are talking about peoples homes. They work their entire lives to make a living and still are stuck with property taxes which if unpaid results in the loss of their private property, their home, the family farm, what ever the case. I do know the all levels of government need some form of income. But over spending because governments have a bleeding cash cow in private property taxing... Its just wrong.. I am fine if they charge a standard sales tax, like everything else.. ONE TIME. Once that property tax is paid at the purchase it can never be taxed again unless the owner sales it. There should not be ANY form of inheritance tax if the property is passed down in the family.. Currently we are being extorted of our money and property.. Its criminal in my book to hold my property hostage to extort money from me, and my family.

In Pennsylvania they say it’s a “school tax”, with the government in charge of schools is one of the major problems as to why our education system is so bad. My children are all grown up and I still have to pay property/school tax??? Our government send billions of dollars a year to other countries that HATE us and then we are extorted for “school tax”, are you kidding me….? Did you know of all the nations involved in the “United Nations”, the USA pay over 70% of the money fund the UN?? We are being robbed by our government, they are stealing our property and ruining lives of Americans.

• No. I have foreign experience.

Property tax is a tax levied not mainly for the purpose of revenue, but as an incentive.

Here is the situation in China: The Chinese government has recently allowed land ownership, despite claiming to be Communist. The government levies no taxes on land. Land price has been soaring and has been kept high somewhat artificially. As result, many investors invest in houses. I don't have the stats in front of me, but something like 1 in 5 houses are vacant in China. This why we need property taxes, in order to discourage negative and non-creative investment.

• What is a free society if we are bound as tax slaves?

America was founded for Freedom, freedom from government. A society where you can be worry free own land, a house. And not have to worry about someone taking your land for failing to pay. Because property taxes unlike income taxes is taxed even if you have made no income thus driving you into corporate slavery to pay the tax thus creating the way of life we live in currently of 9-5 job that we all have to wake up and go to each day. You should be able to work 15-20 years and retire and have a paid of house and not have to pay taxes. What is live if you are nothing more than a tax slave?

• Property Tax is necessary.

Supposed that a billionaire buys all the land that is available. This said billionaire can own the land for as long as he lives and then pass it on to his family. The problem with this is that the land can go unused. Property taxes stops this from happening because taxes would discourage the owning of inefficient land. Property taxes also support your local government, which pays for your roads, fire and police departments. If you cannot afford the taxes on a big house, it is possible to buy a smaller house with less property taxes. We are civilized people which means that we must work together for the common good.