• Let's be honest here: who gives a damn what others think?

This is not about people passing by who couldn't pick a different place to look. This is about the mother and her baby. Breastfeeding is a healthier option for the baby, and it is more natural. If the mother needs to feed her baby in public, she should not feel pressured by the presence of other around her who think she shouldn't be doing what she is. The health of the baby is more important than the thoughts of other people walking by.
    Who gives a damn if someone walking past feels uncomfortable because they can see part of her body that society says should be covered up? It's not as though she's flashing people deliberately; no, she is feeding her baby. This is life, people, and I suggest that if you don't like seeing a woman nursing a young child then here's what I have to say to you: there are 360 degrees on the compass. Choose a different one.

• A thousand times, YES!

As a previous commenter said,

"Yes, public breast feeding should be allowed. It's a mother feeding her child in a natural way. If you have an issue with that, it's because you are sexualizing women's breasts. Considering that a child is present when you do that, it makes you a rather sick and pathetic pervert."

If you ask me, that is a perfect summary. If Victoria's secret can have huge posters displaying women's bodies to appeal to men, a woman can feed her child! This seems so obvious!
    Only a misogynistic man or a badly influenced woman would vote no.

• Of course it should.

Yes, public breast feeding should be allowed. It's a mother feeding her child in a natural way. If you have an issue with that, it's because you are sexualizing women's breasts. Considering that a child is present when you do that, it makes you a rather sick and pathetic pervert.

• Yes, breastfeeding should be allowed in public.

Breastfeeding should be allowed in public. Breastfeeding is how a baby eats food. Restaurants and food courts allow older people to consume food in a public manner. It is hypocritical to restrict this right from growing babies. Furthermore, the human body should not be seen as vulgar. It is life-giving.

• Yes, public breastfeeding, barring indecent exposure should be allowed

Yes, public breastfeeding should be allowed. I believe that the natural act of breastfeeding a child is something that should be allowed in public. However, I say this with the caveat that the mother should practice discretion and not bare herself indecently in public. The laws of indecent exposure should apply equally to everyone. Women should not be relegated to bathrooms to nurse their babies, but nor should every person have to watch them bare their breasts. Cover up and carry on.

• No, I don't think public breastfeeding should be allowed.

I believe that many people are very uncomfortable at the sight of a mother breastfeeding her child in a public settings, overall I don't believe there is any need for it and I believe that it should not be allowed, if a mother feels the need to breastfeed she should do it in a private setting.