Should pupils be permanently excluded from schools for carrying weapons?

Asked by: TGASRogers
  • Knives aren't brought into school to cut fruit

Yes, they should because if someone was to bring any type of weapon into school, it is intended to harm someone and not just to cut some fruit. It is putting everyone in danger and there is no reason for someone to bring in any type of weapon, if they are safe in school.

• D11 say: School should be a safe place!

Schools are safe enough, students should not feel the need to carry a weapon inside school. If a student is carrying a weapon this suggests an intention to harm someone which would lead to schools becoming unsafe. Teachers should also have a right to feel safe at work and should not fear being harmed by students.

• F f f

I THINK YOU DESERVE an IMEDIATE PUNISHMENT. BCUZ ITZA NIF AND NIFS R BAD. JUS LIK GUN. DONT 2 DRUGZ CUZ DRUGZ R BAD 4 U. L O O L OOOL OL OLOLLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOPLO O K OL KL L9O KO OO O JO OKO LM O B KL OMIL OKJ OBOV ,OKLI OLUIOTIUOUI

• B4 say yes

You shouldn't bring weapons to school even if you have issues outside of school. There is always someone you could tell to help you otherwise you could be accused / not understand why you have it. The fear of being attacked is greater than the actual risk of being attacked. If you carry a weapon you intend to use it!

• One knife, one life!

They should be permanently excluded because they could be a threat to the people around them. If people or students know what the consequences are they would not do it in the first place. Carrying a weapon could encourage others to do the same and cause a situation that might not have happened if no one had a weapon in the first place. Schools should offer support to students who feel like they need to carry a weapon and if they do not take this advice then they should be excluded.

• M4 says...Yes AND no... Ooohhh

Mixed Opinion - some say no because people need protection, but this just means the school doesn't feel safe. Some may also say that permanent exclusion is too far; temporary is enough. HOWEVER, it's dangerous and threatening. If some people start carrying knives then others will feel they have to, making the problem of feeling unsafe worse. Also, accidents can happen.

• Clit get shanked

Don't mess I know SHMOB jfjfyufyufluyfuyfyufyufyluflyufylufyluflyufluyfyufyufluyfuyfyufyufuyfuyfyuuyfyufyu yuyuyu ygl ui ui u ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui uiu u u uiui I u ui iu ui ui u ui uii u uiui ui ui ui ui ui ui u ui

• B11 think YES

Weapons should not be allowed in schools as school should be seen as a safe place for students to become educated in. Also, students and teachers may begin to worry causing problems to their education and teaching. In addition, weapons are only really brought in to cause harm and this puts lives in danger so there should be punishment to those who bring them in. Peace out!!!!!

• F f f

• Teh hakr837 kewl

Spoderman 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 44 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

• Depends on the circumstances and the intent

What weapon is it? And what is the student's intention? That needs to be considered. Maybe a student brought in a kitchen knife to cut food with and didn't realize that could be construed as a weapon. In that case the object should be confiscated and they should talk to the student about how people can get the wrong impression and that that particular object is not allowed on school grounds.

• I had a knife on me every day when I was in school, and never used it or polled it out on anyone.

I have found that a knife is a useful tool to have, you can use it to get into places that you fingers won't fit into, or use it like I often did, and use it (in contradiction of what TGARogers said) to help divide the apples of a nearby apple tree amongst my friends.
    Did I have it to use as a last resort, yes.
    Did I feel safe at the school, no.
    But that is because the school's inability to keep me safe, they don't and can't protect you from getting jumped on your way home. (which happened on more then one occasion) nor would they take someone giving out death threats to people seriously, (and this was considered a relatively safe school) So banning me from the school for caring a blade, that the only time I would use it on someone ells, was if I was shear that they where going to murder myself or those around me would be an unjust act on their part.

• Depends on circumstances

Depends on the knife and the use of the weapon. If there isn't any intent on using the knife in an aggressive manor then no but only as one off. People who carry knives need to be educated as if they aren't they may be more of a risk when they are older. If they don't have it in school and it is a one off then they shouldn't be permanently excluded.

N2

• Divided opinion amongst the tutor group, but a slight majority in favour of no...

However, it was felt that only one second chance would be appropriate. Many of us thought that re-educating offenders is an important thing to do. If you just exclude them straight away, then the threat isn't removed, it is just moved to the streets outside of school. We all agreed that we want school to be free of weapons though!

• Clit get shanked