• Racism is an evil thing in life

Racism causes unnecessary crimes and death and it should be illegal to protect those who are discriminated because of their own race. All who hobbits have posted stuff on the "stay legal" side about freedom of speech and it's harmless, thats a heap of crap. It causes crimes and freedom of speech is why we have racism anyway!!!

• It is negative

Racism makes the person who the racism is directed at feel negative (sad, angry, frustrated, disgusted).

The person who committed the racist act/speech may feel guilty/happy. If they truly feel guilty/regretful they will not do something racist again. If they repeatedly do something racist, they probably enjoy doing this, maybe they were told to be racist etc...There are lots of possible reasons. But no matter what, if you are repeatedly being racist, it should not be tolerated.

For those of you who use "freedom of speech" as an excuse to accept racism, how ridiculous!
    Swearing, to a certain extent, between adults is fine, but being racist is not acceptable. It does not matter what your age, country of origin, gender or sexuality is - racism is unacceptable FACT.

If you 'get rid' of racism, many swear words will 'disappear' as well. Of course, there will rebels who just can't accept this restriction, like when you steal a sweet from a kid. GROW UP. If you are adults, how laughable! If you are teens, you are wise enough to know how serious this is! If you are kids, what a terrible environment you are exposed to!

If YOU are CIVILIZED, KIND, MATURE, SMART, HUMANE or anything of similar sort,
    then you should be AGAINST RACISM.

Civilized people are not vulgar.
    Kind, humane people are considerate of people's feelings.
    Mature, smart people should be peaceful and understanding.

If you are RACIST, then you are the OPPOSITE.

By the way, this is coming from a fourteen year old. Want to justify racism?
    Then you are despicable - FACT.

• Racism is incipient criminality, punish it harshly

You would not be punishing a very elevated class of people, you would be punishing cowards and bullies, the kind of people who will always do the wrong thing unless they are whacked with a big stick. A lot of people who do not want racism to be punished with law are afraid that they are racists themselves. Too bad, if you are a racist, it doesn't matter if you are nice in all other things, you are a social offender and you need to be punished with stiff fines at the very least. I cannot stand racists of any race, color, or creed, they should be punished equally worldwide until this obnoxious and pernicious problem is Stopped! You can't coddle them, treat them the way they treat others, absolutely! You will never stop this problem until you crack down harshly on it, don't give any excuse, there is None! If you are a racist, I don't like you and I want you to suffer. I mean it. Enough is enough with this ugly anti-social garbage, it has to be dealt with harshly and sternly. Racism has to go, we are idiots if we let it slide forever!

• I am not Racist

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I ii I I I I I I I I ii I I ii I I ii I I ii I I ii I I I ii I I ii I I I ii I I ii

• Racism should be illegal

Absolutely it should! Everything that isn't socialism should be outlawed. Provided everyone has the same political ideology, we won't have to worry about conflict. Since, as liberals, we know what's best, we should be able to remove any dissent. Yes its possible we go to far, since we are dealing with definitions that change, but we don't need any checks and balances because we're liberal and smarter than everyone else.

• Its hurting people

How would you feel if people were saying horrible things to you and not treating you fairly, you wouldnt like it. Its leading some people to hurting themselves and getting mentally ill. It is such a bad thing and needs to be stopped now. Please stop this madness now! Thanks

• It's extremely rude

Even though I am white I see people getting made funny of about there race. I myself never have said any of those remarks. I just think that its freaking rude and conniving some people would do that. And the sad part about it is...... It's all stereo typing and now a day's its gotten worse.

• Falls with Bullying

Racism is DISCRIMINATING. I have lived my life as a minor race and grown up in an area with mostly people of my race. However, it always seems to me that people who are not our race are terrible whenever it comes to dealing with us. To be specific, I'm Indian and I've grown up in an area where it is mostly other Indians. However the Caucasian people are so rude about the amount of people there are in our race. Every joke and every snide remark has to do with a "bindi" or "curry" or how we smell or indian accents and it feels like they're mocking something we don't have control of, and they're discouraging cultural growth.

• It should be illegal

Racism should be illegal. It is the act of judging someone by their race, or in other words, HOW THEY WERE BORN, and it can't be changed under normal circumstances. So, it is discriminating upon something that the victim never asked for to begin with. What did the victim do wrong? NOTHING. Therefore, there is no reason to be racist, and it should be banned permanently.

• Racism should have been illegal a long time ago

After this land: where the concept of America sits upon, was taken from its original inhabitants or
    Tribes; it was established as a melting pot with an emphasis on individual freedom, not hate. America has many individuals, from many different countries. Most individuals that dwell in America, have an original country of origin, that still exists today. So, if someone cannot stand the concept of freedom and melting pot; that individual with a country of origin, can leave and go back to their homogeneous roots, there by, circumventing the RACIST LAW. The word discrimination is used in law, to circumvent, oppress, and deny, the use of the correct word and the crime - which is racism. Knowit

• What's the difference?

What's the difference between a mean word (piggy, fatty, ugly etc) than a racist word? Surely words like swear words would have to be illegal if we are to ban Ponsy racist words. If they really don't like it they know what they can do. Now tell me, IS THAT racist? Telling someone to do something? Surely not? Because our law system has fallen down the plug hole, racism should be accepted just as swear words are too! Whatever happened to freedom of speech!

• No no no

What is Israel then. I believe the hypocrisy and lack of understanding on the part of the general public allows them to be controlled. I truly believe the state of Israel should exist as a home for Hebrew Jews. I also believe that European Caucasians should be allowed to live in their own caucasian country without being pressured into becoming "Multi-cultural". Humans should start proving that they are worthy of their race and give other races less reason to criticize them for their race.

• My God-given right

I have the freedom to say whatever I want. As long as you do not physically touch them, to say something is not illegal or state your opinion is not illegal. In the United States we all have the right to say whatever we please and if we want to our opinion is against someone else and we should say it.

• This is very ignorant and obviously comes from a liberal self-hating white or a racist black, so no never.

If it was illegal then who would decide who is racist or not?
    My guess is it would be some liberals who would decide that whites are always racist and non whites are never racist which in fact itself would be racist. So who would file charges on the racist people in the government who are filing charges on the supposedly racist people?

• I don't even

I can't even properly articulate how ignorant and stupid this question is. You seriously want to legislate an idea and state of mind? What, do you take a test at your local Racism Office and then they decide if you are not a bigot? I am personally not prejudice, but I have absolutely no idea how you could even put a law over racism, and not an actual crime connected to it.

• You can believe what you like

You have the right to believe what you want to believe, therefore, it is legal and should remain legal, to be a racist. Is it wrong? Most of us think so. But hating someone, for whatever reason, shouldn't be punishable. I am also against all the "hate crime" bull crap. It is illegal to kill or assault anyone, regardless of their race, or your motive. Killing someone is wrong, whether it was random, or because you hated someone for their race. So no, racism shouldn't be a crime.

• It is not the governments Place.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it support the government telling individuals, or organizations for that matter, who they should like, dislike or associate with no matter who they are. Affirmative action tells people that invest their own money in a business who they have to hire. That is illegal. The government only job is to protect our rights which over the last 50 years they have not. In fact they have destroyed our Republic.

• No no no

• Freedom of speach

Racism and hate is wrong. If someone does not like __________ people (you fill in the blank). They should not go to jail. People still have free speach is you agree or not. Remember the people burning the American flag in front of soldiers? Free speak even thought it was wrong. I hate Indian food.... I wonder if that will be a racist statement 20 years from now

• You can't legislate morality

The best thing to do is just ignore racist people. Show them you're better than them. Now, this question potentially touches on a more serious subject -- acting on racism. But need not worry: we have laws against hate crimes and discrimination. I believe that while there is racism in this country we have come a long way from those days.