Should racist/fascist people have the right free speech?

• Speech is free no matter if you agree with it or not

To truly be free and have free speech everybody's opinion matters you don't have to agree with that you don't have to like it but you can can stand against it no matter what they say they have a right to say it in this country if you shut down one side you have become the fascist that you don't like once you start controls speech from either side it's going to be to become a police state

• Yes I do

A truly free society requires that its citizens to be honest with each other. Without honesty institutions can't function with transparency, and without transparency, justice is impossible. Besides, on a more cynical note, I much rather know who my enemy is- honorable battles requires ownership of one's thoughts and words.

• Yes I do

• Free speech - We are free

Without free speech we would barely have harmony between most nations. It is because of those people who gave free speeches and took action peacefully that we are now living in a civilized country. If people can't give free speeches than i'm sorry why don't we just die with our opinions and not communicate at all. Free speeches is just another way of expressing ones opinion. People should be to tolerate one's opinion whether it does or does not say anything against your belief or culture. Tolerance is key in this topic because in the end it won't change your belief/culture/religion in any way.

• Democracy and free speech extends to everyone, even anti-democracy parties!

I see a lot of people disagree with me, but may I highlight that democracy and free speech should be allowed for everyone! Even though they want to remove the two, they should still have the right to speak about their opinion, to deny them that right would be contradictory to the purpose of free speech.

• Freedom at its core

If you punish someone for the right to an opinion you take away a persons freedom. We are a free country or at least we used to be. Those who are offended by someones remark and don't even take into consideration the basis for the remark and only focus on certain angles that to them imply hurtful things need to look at themselves because they may very well be the one that is racist. This goes into a great question, is it racist if its true?

• If we want to remain free

If we censor and tell people how they are allowed to think and speak then we would be taking away freedom at its core. People need to get over being offended by someones opinion, in fact it is my opinion that if you are easily offended by someone's remarks or views then you need to take a good look at yourself because you may very well be the one that is racist by even thinking that about the other person. Is it racist if its true ? I honestly feel race should be removed from our way of life, no longer should you ever in any situation be asked what the color of your skin is. We should only be concerned about the individuals qualifications. No one should be punished for his or her views, for when they are we will no longer be free.

• Free speech is free speech

Freedom speech is a right we, as humans, should have. Even the biggest, stupidest, most idiotic morons among us have the right to say what they will. There are plenty of people who I wish would get bound and gagged for the way they speak. Actually bounding and gagging them would be wrong though.

• Of course they should!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Regardless on whether or not you agree with a racist, or fascists words is irrelevant. The fact is, is that they have every right to speak their beliefs, even the WBC ;)

• Let me give you a quote.. I don't recall it exact, but it is something like this:

"If we do not allow those who have viewpoints we do not like to have the freedom of speech, then we we open ourselves to tyranny, for at what point does a point constitute being so wrong it must be silenced? When it goes against the subjective morality of the people? When it disagrees with us? When it disagrees with the government? In due time, we will all be silenced if we choose to silence those with even the most radical views against our own"

• Hell Fucking No

I'm refuse to give an inch to someone who will stab me in the back and take away MY rights by using the excuse that they have a right to oppress me. Anyone who's stupid enough to fall for that argument is a retarded shithead who should ask a Holocaust survivor if Nazism being outlawed is oppressing Nazis.

• It depends on one's definition of 'free speech.'

For true free speech to flourish, there should certainly be limits on how people are allowed to express themselves. Sending money to racist or fascist terrorist groups? Organizing violent protests that promote racism and fascism? These acts should not be considered legal 'free speech,' if they actively suppress the freedom of others. Is it free speech for a racist to tell someone to go to the back of the bus? Yes, but thankfully it is illegal!

• ISIS really sucks

We shall not support the jihad of the evil Isis and must silence them to avoid aiding their cause. Do we really want another Paris, or another 9 / 11? ISIS embodies terror and we must take any means necessary to counter their anti - Americanism and destroy ISIS .