• Rainforests deserve to be cut down,

They deserve it because my friend was there and he got hurt by a salty little kid, and he then ran and then another salty kid was like 'HOOGA BOOGA TINGA SHAAAAA!' and threw a rock at him and then he ran and ran forever untill his was outta there.

• Why are we focused on this

According to the EPA, only 11 percent of co2 emissions are due to forestry and other land use whereas a whopping 65 percent of co2 emissions are from fossil fuel use. Only half of that 11 percent is the amazon. Also, animals do not have rational thought and really are only for the forwarding of the human race. Potato

• Cut it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get rid of the rainforest, we get rid of tarzan. NO on cares about TARZAN. And we also we would get rid of KING KONG and NO ONE likes him, cuz he kills people and destroys building and stuff. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THAT?????? You need to THINK USA

• Because we need more room to build factories.

More factories means more emissions. More emissions means more sickness. More sickness means less people. This is how we can control the population. Less people means more room for each person. More room means bigger houses. Bigger houses means less space for animals. Less animals means less annoying sounds in the rainforest.

• Because i can

I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• We need resources

I would like to present the motion that rain forests should be cut down because although some animals homes will be destroyed, we can make profit from selling resources which can be used to improve the countries infrastructure. Also, everything that we use day to day that is made of wood like tables, pencils etc won't exist. In addition, we need trees and leaves for medicines so the human race can continue to survive.

• Rain forests should be cut down.

Although we lose animals cutting down the rain forests, we get more resources doing the cutting. We need wood for paper, houses, businesses, factories, churches, fireplaces, and more. We need paper because that is what we right on and if we don't have paper their will not be things to right on.

• They shoud die.

Because my mama said so. She is an astronaut and this supports the reason on why we should cut them down. Trees are just sticks. They can talk because one talked to my cat, but they can’t talk to us so they’re irrelevant to the earth they just sit there and they’re annoying, cause once a tree was being weird and it broke and I thought it was inappropriate and rude because my brothers arm had been broken, so, yeah they should go die.

• Yes we should

This should happen because I say so my name is deano and I support this mostly because of this super cool awesome Socratic seminar ms Jensen is maing me do and I didn’t get to choose if I disagree or agree so that’s why I’m here to explain my reasoning, thank you¿

• We Need Rain forests

Firstly, we get 75% of our daily foods from the rain forests. Aren't you going to miss mangoes, corn, rice, a lot of veggies, lemons, avocados, and many more? We also get lots of spices like cayenne, CHOCOLATE, cinnamon, vanilla, COFFEE, and lots of different kinds of nuts. Lastly, there may be unknown plants that can cure diseases like Cancer. And we shouldn't want to cut down the rain forest because of some kid that threw a rock, or any other ridiculous personal reasons.

• Because humans are stupid

How would you like it if someone came over to you and cut your legs off with a chainsaw... Yeah I got you good didn't I. Yeah think about that before you cut down our ancestors. Your probably thinking this person is a genius and my answer to you is flat out I know, drop the mic.

• You should not

Rainforests are beneficial! In the past 50 years much of rainforests have been destroyed. Large areas of rainforest are being cut down, often in order to remove just a few logs, and rainforest is being destroyed at double the rate of all previous estimates. Unfortunately this means that there is a very high rate of extinction, as the wildlife depending on the forest dies with it. We believe that the benefits of Rainforests outweigh the risks and the many effective animals and plants should not be endangered just for a few logs to sell. Although there a lot of Rainforests out there being cut down worldwide, Our focus today will be on The Daintree Rainforest located in Queensland, Australia.

The Daintree Rainforest is the largest rainforest in Australia’s mainland and is thought to be about 135 million years old. The Daintree R

• You should not

• You should not

• Rainforests are beneficial!

In the past 50 years much of rainforests have been destroyed. Large areas of rainforest are being cut down, often in order to remove just a few logs, and rainforest is being destroyed at double the rate of all previous estimates. Unfortunately this means that there is a very high rate of extinction, as the wildlife depending on the forest dies with it. We believe that the benefits of Rainforests outweigh the risks and the many effective animals and plants should not be endangered just for a few logs to sell. Although there a lot of Rainforests out there being cut down worldwide, Our focus today will be on The Daintree Rainforest located in Queensland, Australia.

The Daintree Rainforest is the largest rainforest in Australia’s mainland and is thought to be about 135 million years old. The Daintree Rainforest is home to many rare animals and plants which brings us to our first topic. Think about how many innocent animals and Plants would be affected if the Daintree covers 1200 Kilometers of Australia and at risk of becoming extinct too.Trees are getting cut down every single day! Animals and their habitats are getting affected by this condition. People are cutting down trees and opening up roads leading right through the forest, Which is a threat to animals being hit by cars. This could lead to the population of animals in Daintree decreasing faster and quicker. Logging is made so that there is room for sugarcane farming, this should not be allowed because we are slowly losing the Daintree Rainforest, why should we increase the possibilities of destroying it? Think of all the work, effort and money that is being wasted on logging in the Daintree Rainforest, which could be used into improve it! This is outrageous and it needs to stop.

We need the rain forests to produce oxygen and clean the atmosphere to help us breathe. We also know that the earth's climate can be affected, as well as the water cycle. Rainforests help stabilize the world’s climate by absorbing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Scientists have shown that excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from human activities is contributing to climate change. Therefore, living rainforests have an important role in controlling climate change, but when rainforests are chopped down and burned, the carbon stored in their wood and leaves is released into the atmosphere, contributing to climate change.
    Rainforests also affect local weather conditions by creating rainfall and moderating temperatures.The rainforests add water to the atmosphere through the process of transpiration (in which plants release water from their leaves during photosynthesis). This moisture contributes to the formation of rain clouds, which release the water back onto the rainforest.

Last but not least, Rainforests provide many medicial plants

• Why would you think otherwise?

The rainforest is vital to our survival on earth and provides the required oxygen for us to survive! It also slows down global warming. It is a habitat for millions of animals, fish, and insects. Even humans! By taking away the rainforest, we are taking away their everything. Things that you wouldn't expect that you use in your daily life also have elements that come from rainforests.

• Rainforests are very important.

There are millions of species of animals and insects unique to the rainforest biome. They also produce over 20% of the world's oxygen as well as cleaning the atmosphere.
    There are also many (possible/discovered) medicines that would be/are provided by the rainforest biome.
    Look at the terrible points in the Yes column. It is a bunch of little kids yelling about how they hate Tarzan.
    I don't know why I'm doing this. I cba anymore.

• I think we should keep the rainforest.

The people that support the rain forest being cut down and destroyed DO NOT realize that innocent animals are NOT going to have a home or a habitat. What if it was the other way around,i am pretty sure that it WOULD NOT be fair. Think about the trees we need and the plants.

• No they shoulent

Thousands of animals are losing their homes every second it is really sad that this is haping. I think they should stop doing this to thousands of animals. People;e should put a stop to this animals will have no homes it is really sad if you tell me about it.