• Yes yes yes

Rap is stupid, just a bunch of "gangsta" morons looking for fame while rhyming swear words. Real cool yo, I can say every swear in a song about immoral garbage, like smokin pot and rape. Wow, I wish I was that cool, smoking pot all the time and swearing like some kid who thinks he is cool.

• Not Banned but Censored

I think that rap used to be good. You had those rappers of the 90s rapping about real world problems such as police brutality, white on black crime, and the problems of increasing violence in black neighborhoods throughout the U.S. But now, it seems all I hear at my highschool are rap songs about having sex (or banging) with more than one girl, shooting up the block, and lyrics with idiosyncrati cmeaning like pop! Pop! Im not saying that all modern rap is bad, but I have noticed that a lot of my fellow students have begun to act like total idiots and are very disrespectful towards girls. I see this one guy at my school who practically molests his girlfriend during lunch, he rubs all up on her like shes some kind of slut. And ive talked to her, she is a very decent girl. Look all im trying to say is that rap music has left a bad impact on the modern teenage world, at least some has, and im not gonna start a family in this world.

• Rap Music and All Other Types of Poetic Expression Should Be Banned

Poetry and Rap are a threat to democracy. The format of poetry prevents people from expressing their opinions. Thus, it should be banned nationally. Rap music should be banned as well due to its poetic nature. Plus, the genre incites violence through drugs, rape, and homicide. Any genre like this is also a threat to the English language because it encourages young citizens to express themselves in a primitive, unintelligent manner.

• It should be banned.

Now, there are some good rap music, but we'd still be good without it. There's people, even little kids acting like they're "gangstas". We need to ban rap music and see where that'll lead us. We should either ban it, or let only adults hear it. But kids will find it anyways, so we should at least censor rap music.

• Yes its the music it promotes this crap.

It promotes drugs,violence, MURDER, RAPE,unsafe sex, gangs. Kids hear this in the music and see all the gold teeth and big baggy cloths ,rims, cars ect.. On the album covers and in videos. They then thinks its cool to act out like them and they also see there parents and friends listening to this crap and acting all gangster do to these so called artist.... They then grow up and act like thugs join gangs and start selling drugs and shooting each other

• Yes yes yes

It should be banned. Rap music had bad influence and cause tons of problem (VIOLENT, TEEN PREGNANCY, SEXUAL ASSAULT, ROBBERY, MURDER, GANGS, PROSTITUTION, ETC. rap music is bad for our society, especially elemtary school kids to high school kids. Imagine your kid aggressively cussing and hurting you really really bad

• Hip Hop Music

Rap music should be censored because some parents actual care there child is listening to a lot of rap music have swear words in it and we as a society shouldnt poison our childrens mind to such words at an early age. Listen to rappers that dont swear in their music

• Rap is used as entertainment in the worst way possible

The mentality behind the majority of rap/hip hop music, is of segregation, vengeance, greed, and sexism.

What part of the rap entertainment industry gives a good, wholesome and uplifting vibe. None of it.

You can not use the argument about "free expression" because it's use of free expression once again, is to demean, degrade, and increase tension. Even to go far as to promote rebellion. Which is not how decent people should use free expression.

• Why blame the Genre? It's the FANS fault!

As an artist here's what the LISTENING party FAILS to remember:

Rap is only a genre (style of poetry) in a diverse category of music.

When it comes to MARKETING, the artist (rapper) can only SELL what his/her FANS will buy. Therefore, if 1 million fans spend $0.99 to purchase a "Rapper's Song," (whether it sounds good or not) he/she has essentially profited $1 Million Dollars.

So why blame the "Rap Genre?" No one asks why the FANS buy the material?

Here's my point:

If you want society to change, then stop pointing fingers at the one's in charge. Turn your criticism towards the PEOPLE SUPPORTING our leaders. That's right, blame the CONSUMERS.

In this case, don't blame the RAPPER, blame the FANS for accepting the rapper's content.

SUPPORT YOUR OWN BELIEFS.....Thanks for reading

• Not banned but censored

Not all rap has bad messages but most modern rap only spreads messages of violence and ignorance the only people who oppress blacks are themselves listen to Gucci mane or yo gotti and thank to yourselves what message am I sending out as a portrayal of the way my race acts not all blacks are bad people either just most rappers give them a really bad name most that happened to be around in the 1960s are some of the most respectable people I know and would never degrade them with the term that most rappers label themselves ( the n word) most rappers degrade themselves and others ( ie women women are not property and iam tired of people labeling them as hoes or sluts) their are some that deserve this but plenty I know that take offense to this but noone every brings this up so how can you have the Gaul to say others oppress you when you constantly oppress us or make a rap song about killing a white cop and then say its racist to bring up an argument why rap is offensive you don't complain about the welfare checks the government provides you with. The confederate flag doesn't even represent racism it represents a separation of ideas from the northern states which is a metaphorical freedom of speech is it not? Rap music is not all bad in the same sense why can it not be used to spread messages of reformation there was plenty during the 90s. Their are a lot of older generation blacks that are hating the message that modern rappers spread about their race society should be a group of ideas not based off the ideas of a handful and the message most rap puts out is the reason why a lot of negative stereotypes are formed.Mlk did not won't this he never used violence, not one time and he dreamed of a equal society not one based off fear and the message that rap spreads about gangs and the way to make a living is to deal drugs and rob, steal, and kill is an insult to him, his teaching, and everything that man stould for.

• Definitely No !

Rap music is a way for people to express themselves. Censoring music its like taking away their chance to voice their emotions. The world wont censor itself for you so why should artists. Rap shows the world through the view of others. If you think rap is bad, are you going to shelter yourself or others from the world...?

• Not Banned but Censored

• Don't blame the genre. It's the FANS fault!

Don't blame the genre. It's the FANS fault! As an artist here's what the LISTENING party FAILS to remember:

Here's my point:

Here's my point:

• Rap Is Better Than We Think

Rap has NOT been a leading cause of anything, it supports inginuity an allows people to get deep into the music industry. Yes, there are many rap artists that swear and talk about drugs: such as Macklemore, Eminem, or Nicki Minaj. But there are other people who have good intentions, and using rap to get them out into the world. Andy Mineo, Lecrae, Tedashii, Derek Minor, and Canon, are all rap artists who support good causes, talking about stopping drug and sex violence, and trying their best to show the love of God throughout their songs. So if you hate the rap industry, just think twice before you put All artists into ONE CATEGORY>

• Rap Music Should Not Be Banned

Rap music should not be banned for many reasons. First of all, it allows people express themselves. Rap music now days either is about rape, sex, drugs, parties, etc. If you do not want your child to listen to it, too bad because one day your babies are going to leave the nest and go explore the world that is full of sin.

• Rap music is veery cool like

Drake future rap music is cool cool cool cool c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c cc c cc c c c cc c c c cc c c

Here's my point:

Here's my point:

• No I don't think that it should be censored

I don't think that it should be censored because I listen to it and yes there might be a lot of people that cuss and send bad messages but to the one I listen to it is about how to prevent abortion about over weight and things like that they try to inspire everyone I personally have made my own raps I really love rap but besides that I love other type of music and into the music that I make I don't cuss or put any of that in my work I love to right and I don't think it should be censored oh and I don't understand some people that say that its the leading cause of cancer or even death I don't understand that I'm perfectively fine oh and by the way I'm 14 years old.