Should rape victims have the right to kill their rapist?

• Yes, they should. By law the rapist should lose their life.

The rapist may continue to rape others and/or most likely never learn their lesson. But first cutting off the rapist's sexual organs should be implemented and then kill them. It should be made law, unless the victim doesn't want the rapist to die. This may reduce the amount of rapes that occur each year.

Posted by: Najs
  • No deed shall go unpunished.

And I feel the only GOOD punishment for a rapist is if the rapist doesn't even get a chance to do it again, just like they always do. I even think that it should also apply to the extent of ACTUAL rape victims. They deserve to end the life of an unworthy scumbag.

Posted by: C96
  • Only the genuine one

Ofcorse the genuine rape victims should have the right to kill their rapist . I mean why that rapist who made the life of the victim hell , should live ? And when victims will themselves kill the rapists then I think victims will somewhat feel good and get a little hope and courage to live their life again with happiness .

• Only in self-defence.

For self-defence, certainly. Killing is usually wrong, but if there is no other way to stop the rapist, the only way to protect herself would be to kill the rapist, which is perfectly acceptable. There should be no legal consequences for this in most non-Islamic laws.

However, like Forthelulz said, if they show up at the rapist's house a few days later and then kill him, no. Vigilantism only leads to social disorder, and it should not be encouraged. It would be understandable when this is done in India or other countries where the legal system may not be sufficient to protect the victim - but understandable is a far cry from justifiable or worthy of encouragement. They should focus on institutional ways to reduce the problem instead.

I will suggest, as a solution, that rapists be sentenced to life sentences with regular public humiliations. The victim can spit at the rapist, splash him with pee, throw rotten eggs, hurl whatever insult she wants at him, but not kill him. The rest of the public can also do this. This has the positive effect of allowing the victim to vent her anger and, at the same time, deterring crime.

• Rape can kill & Has killed women

Nuff said * Yes * rape kills people, it has done and is dangerous because there are far too many who do not care about rape & raping people, they do not care if they killed someone, that's it right there, no care and willing to allow others the possibility to die.

• Definitely, if in self defense.

If Kidnapped and held Hostage in a way or just taken behind an alley or somewhere else, they should be allowed to do anything in their power to defend themselves, and if killing is the only option, then so be it. Use anything you can, even something as simple as a long pipe or stick could be swung at them to maybe even knock them out. But if knocked down, they should be sure to get the police to arrest them. If they keep on assaulting however, BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THEM! At least until they finally go down.

• Absolutely for sure

Whether it's a male sexually assaulting a female
    Or a female sexually assaulting a male
    Or a male sexually assaulting a male
    Or a female sexually assaulting a female

Rapists/molesters/sexual assailants don't deserve to live. Allowing the victim to kill their assailant would be better than merely relying on the death penalty.

• Fucking yes they should

I have been taken advantage of and raped before.
    Let me tell you. This shit ruins your life, your identity and even your future intimacy.
    Im pretty sure you should be allowed to gauge their eyes out with a knife.
    Let me tell you if it ever happened to me again, the last thing i would be thinking about is sparing their life.
    Its not fair

• Seriously? There is no money to process the evidence so we have a system?

Yes, the rapist should just go kill the rapist with no remorse or care. The person will continue to do what they are doing and the person who knows what they did has to stop them. There is no justice system and the victim never ever recovers so it is there life, it is their everything to kill the rapist. They do not have money or will not spend the money to process the evidence what makes you think they even investigate these crimes, especially when rapists pick, the young, the disabled, the old and others that are unable to defend if there was time. All of them should be killed by the rapist themselves because their life is already gone. Make sure it happens to no one else again.

• Yes, and then some

These are the most vile people on earth, causing the worst kind of suffering. Life is about choice, if you choose to take such choice from another, then you should no longer be granted life. They will only do it again, lets protect our daughters from these monsters. That, or at least castration. Id also suggest the removal of thumbs if they must live.

• A bit much don't you think?

A rape victim does not earn the right to murder someone. First what they did is not murder, she still gets to live. This is not an eye for an eye to begin with. Second an eye for an eye makes the world blind. This is not going to be helpful for the rape victims sanity because not only are they raped but now they are murderers! If a victim kills their attacker wile being attacked that is self defense, if they attack after the initial attack they are just a killer. Forgiveness is shown to help, not revenge. Not to mention all the people who would abuse this system and claim they raped them so they could kill them legally

• It's not psychologically healthy

There are two dramas here instead of one, the first is being attacked and violated, and the second is being responsible for slaying another human. Killing people is not good for the psyche in any sense, no matter the reason, particularly because killing others requires quite a bit of fortitude esp. Knowing that you've killed them and doing so without any remorse.

The notion that vengeance is by itself sufficient is at best one left to those who would wish ruin upon all men.

• Not after the fact.

In the act, it is clear the victim is defending themselves. However, if they show up a few days later outside the rapist's home and shoot them in cold blood, there's a big issue.
    Also, is there not legal recourse the victim could call upon?
    Ignore the scare stories; the system works.
    The way the question is phrased makes me think of the victim showing up a few days later and killing their rapist, not a victim defending themselves.

• No. But...If it was self defence then I believe it was justified.

Killing is always wrong. Of course, rape is just the same. An eye for an eye does not give closure. Would the rape victim really need to kill to get closure? Or would they just live with the guilt of them ending a person's life when it is not their right to play God. I understand their feeling of wanting to kill them but I do not condone it. The victim should at least try to focus on healing themselves first. Not by killing but by surrounding themselves with positive energy.

• Causes further distress

Killing a rapist may seem like a good idea, but the victim would then be forced to live with taking another persons life, life in prison for the rapist is more effective and forces the rapist to live with what they did. In no way do I condone any form of rape, in fact I hate rapists, but killing them doesn't make it go away; nor does it make us any better than them for taking their life.

• Thos could be very dangerous

While raping is bad death is something terrible,let me just remind you how many people accuse someone of rape these days,all they have to say is"this man forcefully raped me in an alley"and bam the guy is instantly in trouble and this happens to alot of guys in bands being accused of thing,so someone wants a rockstarr dead and kills them while sayingni was being raped,things wont go right,there are those type of people in the wolrd,remember that

• That's just wrong

First, I should state that if this occurs during the act, if the rapist is killed by the victim in self-defense, then it's entirely different, and more acceptable as the person was acting in self-defense. Also, perhaps rapists should receive the death penalty, but that's a different question than is asked here. Even if it is the case that they should die, it should never be that they are killed by the victim. Doing so is doing away with justice and moral values- it seems to be saying that the victim should feel that they are more compensated for the crime by getting to kill the criminal, rather than knowing they were put to death. This would only create more violence in our society and take away from the meaning of human life. No human ever has "the right" to kill another human. In some cases the government does, but never a person.

• The Punishment Does Not Fit the Crime.

The question is equivalent to stating "if you punch someone, should the victim be allowed to rip off the aggressor's entire arm without anesthetics?"
    The answer is no. At worst, an eye for an eye with jail time.

Like with what happens to murderers in areas where the death penalty is legal, "aggressors" get executed, and later in the future, people find out that this person did not commit the crime that they were charged with. You can't un-kill this person.

In an economic perspective, the process to get someone into an execution chair costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. A much larger expense that we all would have to pay for than if we just gave them life or a term in prison. *However I can't defend repeat offenders.*
    In contrast, the process of rehabilitation has gradually improved throughout the years and plans to continue improving in the future. I wouldn't doubt that there will be a time where rapists and murderers could be reintegrated into society, and therefore become more productive for that society as a whole, instead of forcing everyone who did not commit any crime to spend money to keep these people clothed, sheltered, fed, watched, healthy, ect.

Deuterium says2015-06-01T11:14:43.990
During the act, of course, it's self defense.
Reeseroni says2015-06-01T18:42:40.410
Not afterwards, it is not the time do defend when there is nothing to defend against, it just makes you the offender.
difference says2015-06-02T21:34:36.297
Does it have to be another right?