Should Ray Rice be allowed to play football again?

Asked by: CitizenL
  • Ray Rice should be allowed to play football again

We have all seen the video in the elevator of Ray Rice hitting his then fiancee. However, we do not know what led to the fight and Janay Palmer did marry him. Ray is contending that he is the victim of double jeopardy in this case and I believe he is right. He was initially suspended for 2 games. Ray did indeed tell commissioner Roger Goodell that he hit his partner. Goodell is now saying he didn't have all of the details at the time. In that case he should have suspended Rice indefinitely at that time. Mr.Rice has not been in any trouble and an indefinite suspension is not fair. I think Ray Rice may need some counseling but I don't think his career should be ended.

• She attacked him first.

• She attacked him first.

• We cannot allow even a hint of misogyny:

The NFL, like anything else, is a major social outlet organization whose actions affirm the behavior of those who watch as well as those who produce. To that end if Rice is allowed back in there is a small chance that while consciously we decry violence against women there may be something of a "slap on the wrist" mentality surrounding the behavior. This cannot be allowed and he should be suspended indefinitely until there is a truly fruitful outlook for him.