• It is the most important subject

All the other subjects like English, maths and science will serve our children for their life time. Religious education will serve our children for eternity.

Every child has a right to learn about God, and then choose for themselves if they want to believe. Many parents never expose them to religion and they never get to learn about God, if schools do teach them then they can make a fair and informed choice.

• It already is being taught

Dictionary.Com defines "religion" first and foremost as " a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature and purpose of the universe. This would include just about all courses which deal with these subject matters, such as Darwinian Evolution, science, civics and any class on human behavior, ethics and morality. Therefore, to exclude any other subject matter such as the veracity of Christianity would be unfair discrimination,

• First Amendment...."Freedom of Religion"

The amendments state "freedom of speech and religion". The world has become an atheist based world...That I don't believe in. There are several different religions,that wear there religious clot hinges. If teachers are afraid of children interrupting class for prayer....There is a moment of silence in my school that my fellow classmates and I use for prayer....So I strongly believe that all students of faith deserve their moment of silence...For their religious commitment to speak louder than words

• Optional, but not mandatory

If one wants to learn about Islam I really see no harm in that. Do I see a benefit? Perhaps, but no harm. Therefore why should it be banned from schools? This is one of those issues where we should not worry too much and just leave it up to individual schools to offer a religious course or not. The only benefit I would see in doing this is really just giving students somewhat more selection. However, the church should not be involved with this whatsoever. And it should not be forced or mandatory.

• Teach World Religions In School

I believe religious studies should be allowed in school. Religion is something that even my 7 year old son takes great interest in, but knows little about. I think children would benefit from receiving classes on world religions at a young age. Larger schools and high schools could offer more comprehensive classes on separate religions.

• Yes it should be allowed.

Yes, children should be allowed to be able to take this as an elective. I means who honestly is going to stop me from practicing my religion in school? I will read teh bible and the book of mormon in school anyways so why shouldn't i be able to have a class that teaches it? I understand why they don't, but i think a few schools should give it a shot.

• No!! Religion has no place

All false religion should not exist in our world. It causes nothing but harm. People have more important things to do than waste time studying fairy tales.

Religion is evil. Human beings are idiots for bringing it in. They only have themselves to blame. The world would be much more peaceful without it.

• Optional, but not mandatory

• I am surprises any are saying yes,

Unless they are assuming that their religion will be the only one taught. Remember, if you open a door for one, you must leave it open to all, and this door may be harder to shut than it was to open. Also, out of fairness, each religion would also have to be taught equally and given the same importance as the rest. Can see it now. You kid comes home from school and says "I just learned about Wiccan and plan to join them." How long would it take for the parents to launch a complaint? How long would it take for the parents to remove the kid and place them in private school? Could be worse though, they may decide to join the Church of Satan. After all, their religion would have to be taught as well and be taught equally with your religion.

• Religion is a private thing that should never touch school

We would waste time in school if we had religious courses.I don't it would give any benefits in the long term. I'm ok with people practicing their religion but it's personal and should done in PRIVATE. I saw someone say that this is against the first ammendment but student's rights are taken away when they go to school....Sooo

• No it shouldn't.

I have been judged so many times because Christians think just because I don't believe in what they believe is right, they're superior to me. This would make school even worse than it is. Keep CCD a thing and I'll be fine. I don't need religion being shoved down my throat. It's a PERSONAL thing. Personal things usually aren't mentioned in school and I like it like that.