Should representations of waterboarding in movies be banned?

• No it should not.

That would be in violation of the first amendment. You should be allowed to express yourself without being able to say you can't do that or this is not allowed. This isn't North Korea we should be allowed express ourselves the way we want to express ourselves when we want to express ourselves.

• Show the facts

Show the facts of what happened to people and the true course of events in the modern history of the world. Waterboarding happened and, regardless of how many people are ashamed of it, or want to pretend that it didn't happen, it clearly played a part in our recent history.

• Waterboarding should not be banned in movied.

No matter what side of the issue you are on, representations of waterboarding in the movies should not be banned. War is hell, and waterboarding is a part of war. Sharing these experiences with moviegoers is one way to retell our history. Also, the 1st Amendment of the Constitution guarantees our right to free speech, so just for that reason alone it should not be banned.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe representations of waterboarding should be banned in movies. These are simply representations and should be considered as such. I believe the examples, like those in Zero Dark Thirty, are important for the American public to witness. These practices aren't suppose to be allowed for a reason and we certainly shouldn't ban the re-creating of these acts when our government called for them during a war.

• They are real

It seems that as far as torture has gone in movies, and gore has become so commonplace, that a real life issue like waterboarding is appropriate to display. The dissonance that it creates in the viewers mind is probably a good thing insofar as their discomfort means they don't support torture anymore.

• No, waterboarding should not be banned in movies.

I do not think that the depictions of waterboarding should be banned in movies. I think that people should have the right to see waterboarding in films. All sorts of violent acts are depicted in films and waterboarding shouldn't be any different. I do not think movies should be censored in such a way.