Should Republicans try to be more cognizant of minority voters in light of Barack Obama's victory in the 2008 Presidential Election?

• Republicans should try to be more cognizant of minority voters in light of Barack Obama's victory in the 2008 Presidential Election.

Republicans should try to be more cognizant of minority voters in light of Barack Obama's victory in the 2008 Presidential Election. The fact that Barrack Obama was an African American candidate made him a more attractive choice for president among minority voters, so the Republican party should figure out a way to gain minority votes for their candidate.

• Yes, I think so.

If I remember, Obama won that election largely because of a landslide of minority votes, and Obama continues to acknowledge and support minority voters. Yes, if the Republicans want to remain relevant to voters, then they need to be more inclusive. However, I don't hold out much hope for them because it almost seems like they are engaged in a stand off against public opinion in general.

• Ah, The Republicans

I believe Republicans should try to be more cognizant of minority voters in light of Barack Obama's victory in the 2008 Presidential race and in light of his re-election in 2012. Republicans did a lot of things wrong in both elections, especially in their choice of candidates. There going to need to improve in a lot of areas, not just this one.

• Latinos will be the largest group in twenty years

Republicans need to change their image if they ever want to compete against the hip looking democrats. Obama won the 2008 election by capturing many minority groups including Latinos, African Americans, women, and youth. With Latinos growing in numbers, the republicans need to change the way minorities view them if they want to be successful in future elections.