• It Is, No Consent Given

I do believe revenge porn should be legal. After all when you think of films and media production, in the legal world, all actors/models/talent must sign a consent form that clearly lays out there permissions to be filmed and for the media to be used. People who post revenge porn do not have this documentation.

• Revenge porn should be legal.

In this country, we have freedom of speech and freedom of the press. If someone wants to publish pornography as revenge, it is protected by the first amendment. If someone did not want to be in pornographic materials, they should not have appeared in them in the first place and it's their own fault.

• Yes, it is harassment.

Yes, revenge porn should be illegal, because that is no different than other forms of harassment. Exes finding ways to harass each other is nothing new. However, that does not mean that stalking and harassment should be legal. This way of cyber bullying should be made illegal in order to allow people to live in peace.

• Pictures send in a personal sphere should not be allowed to be used without consent

I am currently studying for an MA degree in Media and Communication. As part of this course, I am required to submit a dissertation where I have chosen to write about sexting and revenge porn, in the hope of creating more awareness about the phenomenon and the consequences that follows.

I'm looking for people who have been exposed to revenge porn, and who would be willing to do an interview with me. The interview can be held in a place where the interviewee feels comfortable; it can be in person, Skype, by phone call etc. I'm very flexible with time, and every help to put me in contact with interviewees will be gratefully appreciated.

Beneath I have written a little about the research and some thoughts to the interviews which you are welcome to share with other relevant people/victims.

The title of my dissertation is:
    Social Media and Revenge Porn – When personal hate and harm becomes public

This project will analyze the rapidly increasingly phenomenon revenge porn, where people share private and intimate pictures or videos of others on Social Media to intentional do harm or get revenge. It will look into the, if any, connection between use of different social media and the likelihood of being exposed to revenge porn. Furthermore it will explore the consequences for victims and the ones who upload it as well as the ones, who look, share and disseminate it.

The interview will last for approximately 1 hour and the participation in my study is voluntary. The interviewee can withdraw from the study at any time and do not have to give a reason and no pressure will be out to try and change their mind. The interview will be like a discussion where there will specific topics to cover, and there will be no wrong and right answers.

All the information you/they give me will be confidential and used for the purposes of this study only. Data will be securely stored in password-protected laptop. It will be destroyed after the completion of the dissertation.

The final dissertation will be seen by university staff and may also be accessed by other students in the future. To ensure anonymity, the interviewee will not be identified at any point in the dissertation, unless they give your explicit consent.

If anything they said in the interviews is quoted, it will be identified only by a pseudonym.
    The interview will be recorded, if agreed upon, but will be stored in a safe file right after the interview has ended.

Let me know if you are interested in being interviewed or have any questions.

My contact information is:
    E-mail: Maria.Nielsen@city.Ac.Uk

Kind regards
    Maria Kirstine Nielsen

• It's used to humiliate and harass the victims

Yes, it should be illegal especially if they're infringing on someones copyright if they took the picture themselves. It's also used to humiliate the person that took the picture and shame them especially when posted with their name, social accounts and where they live, proceeding with unwanted sexual messages from strangers. It's just plain harassment.

• They should have been more responsible

If you chose to take that picture of yourself and send it, you have nobody to blame but yourself. This is.Your own fault, you don't get to choose who sees it and revoke consent.

Of course, there's a difference between people who got their pictures taken without consenting. That should be illegal.

• A image does not belong to the person depicted on it.

Only scarce resources can be owned, for the use of coercion to be legitimized it is necessary that the suspect has violated the life, liberty or property of the victim.
    My rights do not end where your feelings begins.
    If you don’t want other people to see a photo, just don’t send it.

• It should not be illegal.

It's the person's (male or female) for taking the picture in the first place. If they didn't want it online or shared than they shouldn't of sent them in the first place. It's their own fault, no one else's. Some are even under age *cough* Leah Juliett *cough* and shouldn't even be sending them.

• Take responsibility next time!

If you are stupid enough to sleep with a guy who takes nude pictures of you while you're asleep then it is your own fault for sleeping with the wrong guy.

If you take pictures of yourself and give them away, or just store them on your phone or other device and it gets lost, it is your own fault. Stop being sexist, stop trying to make people obsessive and stop blaming other people for your own stupid mistakes.

• No, the person obviously wants their body to be seen!

The person taking & sending these images is clearly making a statement that they want their bodies to be seen. Sharing these photos is a natural consequence. If you don't want to be a 'victim' (RIDICULOUS term!) then have some self respect & don't take or allow photos of yourself to be taken in the first place!

• Revenge porn should not be illegal.

When you take a naked photograph of yourself, and willingly send it to another person it legally becomes the receivers property. Sometimes people do something they regret. If a woman willingly has sex with a man, and later regrets that it is not rape. If a woman willingly sends naked photographs of herself to a guy, and later regrets that it is not a crime. Sometimes these "victims" of revenge porn did something really bad to their ex like cheating on them.