Should Richard Ramirez have been given the death penalty in California for his crimes?

• Yes, Ramirez should have been given the death penalty

Even though I don’t agree with the death penalty when I think of Ramirez is that he should be put to death and in a painful way, just like he did to his victims, who he felt no remorse for. He killed and raped people, why would he do such a thing to helpless old ladies? I agree that he should have been put in the gas chamber because he would have suffered and maybe he would have finally felt helpless and frightened, just like his victims. Ramirez's deeds exhibited "cruelty, callousness, and viciousness beyond any human understanding”. He is disgusting and I hope he died a painful death. His case is the worst I have ever come across and I feel horrified beyond words. Even though I am being cruel, most people will agree with me because Ramirez did something no other human could imagine of, and I wish that he would have received the death penalty earlier because he didn’t deserve to live any longer. Most criminals finally feel remorse for their victims but Ramirez didn’t and I find that so cold hearted.

• Yes ,Ramirez should have been given the death penalty

Even though I don’t agree with the death penalty when I think of Ramirez is that he should be put to death and in a painful way, just like he did to his victims, who he felt no remorse for. He killed and raped people, why would he do such a thing to helpless old ladies? I agree that he should have been put in the gas chamber because he would have suffered and maybe he would have finally felt helpless and frightened, just like his victims. Ramirez's deeds exhibited "cruelty, callousness, and viciousness beyond any human understanding”. He is disgusting and I hope he died a painful death. His case is the worst I have ever come across and I feel horrified beyond words. Even though I am being cruel, most people will agree with me because Ramirez did something no other human could imagine of, and I wish that he would have received the death penalty earlier because he didn’t deserve to live any longer. Most criminals finally feel remorse for their victims but Ramirez didn’t and I find that so cold- hearted.

• Richard Ramirez should have been given the death penalty in California for his crimes.

Richard Ramirez should have been given the death penalty in California for his crimes. Richard Ramirez, the demonic serial killer known as the Night Stalker who left satanic signs at murder scenes and mutilated victims' bodies during a reign of terror in the 1980s. He died in a hospital not long ago while waiting for death row.

• Yes, I think richard Ramirez should have been given the death penalty in his crimes.

Richard Ramirez was a serial killer who was cold and calculating as he murdered 14 people, I think people who take some ones life in this matter deserves the death penalty and the fact that he did it 14 times even further justifies him receiving a death penalty, I think the correct verdict was reached.

• Yes, Ramirez should have been given the death penalty.

I definitely think that Richard Ramirez should have been given the death penalty in California for his crimes. I think that the serial killer Richard Ramirez's crimes warranted him getting the death penalty. But since California is a liberal state, there was probably a reason why he didn't get the death penalty.

• No, he should have been used for research.

Science needs to research all those that have committed heinous crimes and if they are put to death by the state then these research opportunities are lost. Psychology is still in its need to know what causes this type of behavior. Most serial killers who end up on death row are either put to death by the state or die of other causes. This has led to a lack of research with perfect specimens. For example Aileen Wuornos was perfect for research. For example a genetic predisposition and environmental risk factors would have been a great research destination with Aileen. Unfortunately it has been proven that justice over rides any need to understand how or why this happens. In order to help in prevention of such horrific events we need to keep these people alive and learn from them.

• No To The Death Penalty

I do not believe Richard Ramirez should have been given the death penalty in California for his crimes. I do not really view the death penalty as an appropriate sentence. I favor life in prison over the death penalty regardless of the crime. These people should have to rot in jail with the minimum necessities.