• Yes it should

Rugby should be played because it's so fun! In should not be in P.E but it defiantly should be played as an after school sport. Yes in Rugby you get injured, but in what sport do you not get injured? Rugby should be played by those who are not afraid of a little blood and mud.

• Rugby helps teach respect.

RESPECT
    R - an understanding of rules
    E - striving for excellence in all you do
    S - developing skills/ support for others and the ability to have a successful strategy for reaching your goal
    P - Practice and being proud building self esteem
    E - exercise being fit not fat
    C - developing courage, competition and confidence - dealing with failure as well as success
    T - Team work

• Absolutely not anyone on the other side is a little bit mistaken

People may not be comftorble being knocked down getting dirty, i remember it hurt alot and i had hard stomach pains. I now consider my PE teacher to be a physical child abuser, which is a actual definition is child abuse. We all need exersize but physical abuse is not the answer. I hate MY pe teacher so much now

• There should be choices

I am a single parent and totally against my son being made to play Rugby.

I get that there are some parents who wish their children to play this but there should be a choice of other sports that can be played. The supporters seem to think it is the only character building lesson at school; other sports can offer this both team & individual & if I as a parent and my son do not wish to participate then we should not have to!

Posted by: MWLJ
  • Rugby is glorious

Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Jeff ya ya ayay ya ayay ay yayay a yay ay ay y aya y ay y ayy ayaayyayayay ayyayayay ayyaayayayayay ay ay y a ya a ayya ay ay ay y y y y y y y y y y

• Rugby should not

Rugby is a grate sport DO NOT BAN CONTACT RUGBY EVER NO ON NONONONONONONONONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

• Rugby should not

Rugby is a great sport it gives them confidence and it makes it more exciting no no no no- no no no no no n o spells no
    sup sup ssipse
    l o l l ol lo l l l l l l l l l ll l l l

• Rugby (or any sport) should not be compulsory.

If you enjoy rugby that's fine but no boy should be made to play if it is not their sort of game. My sons are both of the beanpole build - one with Aspergers so a little uncoordinated too - and they have never been physical, even to the point they have never hit or had a fight with each other. They hate rugby. They are both very good runners and cyclists and have huge stamina. The compulsory playing affected my older son so much he changed schools to one where he's spent one term cross country running (very successfully) and one term fencing (which he has really enjoyed). It seems that in many schools, if you don't conform to their ideas of what a school sport is, and if you are not very good at it, you will get no sports coaching at all. While my children are very slim, the 'physical education' they are getting at school is more likely to put them off any sort of exercise which cannot be the aim in these obesity driven times.

• Press ganged players vs. Committed volunteers

I taught in an Oxfordshire boarding school for boys who insisted on compulsory rugby. I prided myself on never fielding any boy who did not of his own free will (and with full knowledge of the risks) put his own name down to play. Many of my colleagues were, in my opinion, far too focused on winning at all costs. When refereeing for one such a teacher in an Under 14 game, I had to stop the game as the teacher refused to withdraw a boy with a head injury - as there were no more reserves on the bench. Rugby is great - but should not be forced on anybody, particularly in light of the data on injury rates. Parents should vote with their feet - don't send your kids to schools with compulsory rugby - even if the boy/girl is mad keen on the game. So many timid kids injured by others who are playing with commitment

• Rugby should not be compulsory in schools

Rugby carries significant injury risks - people at work can refuse to work on grounds of Health and Safety under the Health and Safety at Work Act and the same should be true for children at school. This is also a civil liberties issue. What right has a school to impose this tyranny?

• Rugby should not be compulsory

No child should be forced to participate in any sport if they don't want to. At school I have to play rugby whether I like it or not. In addition I have to give up 1and a half hours after school on a Tuesday and I have to train on some Saturdays. I hate rugby I am not the rough and violent type of person who loves blood and mud.

• NO GAME should be compulsory for students

Any physical activity comes with an increased chance of risk, whether that be concussions, sprains, or broken bones. Making a high-risk physical activity such as rugby, where as many as 1 in 4 rugby players will be injured during the season (physioworks.Com.Au/Injuries-Conditions/Activities/rugby-union-injuries), will increase student risk and injury to the point. No student should be forced to participate in a risky situation