Should Russia support the Assad government in Syria?

• It is in Russia's best interest

Although this is a smack in the face to the UN and other supports of the opposition in Syria. It is in Russia's best interest to support the Assad government. They have been trading partners in the past and it expands Russia's sphere of influence in the middle east. Objectively the Russian government should definitely support Assad despite the international community condemning this action.

• No, definitely not.

Russian leader Vladimir Putin is beginning to look more and more like a dictator. In fact, he is a dictator. There's no question about that at all, whatsoever. So, the more he sides with regimes like Assad's in Syria, the more he looks like the dictator the world is seeing him as.

• I don't think Russia should support the Assad Government is Syria

Russia should join the rest of the world in condemning the awful crimes of Assad's government. If Russia wants to be seen as world leader it can't go around supporting murderous dictators. Assad's government is accused of using Weapons of Mass Destruction, and ethnic cleansing. If Russia supported such actions it would see it's international reputation sink even further.

• No They Shouldn't

I believe it is obvious that Assad lacks the control to fix the problems or control the problems in Syria in a just way. For that reason, I think it would be best for Russia to drop the support of Assad. I think Syria needs to head in a new direction and that can only happen if Assad is removed first.

• No Russia shouldn't support the Assad government.

I do not think that Russia should support the Assad government in Syria. I think that Assad government in Syria is one that is not a friend of the international community. And I think it would be beneficial for Russia to declare the Assad government as an enemy to the world.