• Same sex couples should be allowed to marry.

Same sex couples should be allowed to marry. Same sex couples should have the same rights as their friends and neighbors to get married to the person that they love. They have been denied this for many years because people do not feel that they should be together, but as long as they are happy, they should be allowed to be together.

• Again it's fair.

This is how I see it. It's legally fair. They're like anyone else. Church and state are to be separate and no matter what the bible or any other code of religion has to say this is America and people have certain rights. Same sex couples are already are married even if it's not legal and what harm would it actually do?

• Love is about hearts not parts!!!!

Homophobes are closet dwellers! They just use religion as an excuse to hate themselves and others. I still cant believe that millions (or billions) of people are BRAINWASHED! If we "all" were TRULY "straight." we would've been HETEROsapians, not HOMOsapians! I guess LGBT peeps are MORE human than haters THINK!

• The same-sex should get married!

Gay marriage should get married because its just love! Some people think its so disgusting see gay couples!
    Gay couples are actually helping because those kinds in the foster homes are the ones gay couples adopt! But then again they don't want Gay couples to adopt children either because some people think the its going to confuse the children about gender and roles and exceptions of society, and only a man and women can pro-create.

• Its protected by the constitution

From a secular stand point same sex marriage is protected by the 14th amendment of the US constitution under the Equal Protection Clause which states, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.".

• YES

I found this a tough one, but even though I'm straight, I thought about what if I was in their shoes? Marriage is a sacred and beautiful thing and if I were gay I would want that with my partner, and my partner being the same sex as me shouldn't make a difference. Everyone has the right to be happy!

• It's a right

two people of the same sex should be able to marry because everyone else can. who are we to take away that right . It comes off as discrimination to tell someone they can't do something because of what they are. If they can find a preacher who will marry them let them get married.

• Yes, same sex couples should be allowed to marry.

Yes, they should be allowed to marry. I see nothing wrong with this. I personally have no influence of this issue in my life, but it should be something that same sex couples should be able to do. We all should have the freedom to marry, that is what t say in the bible.

• Just because it is not accepted religiously we should back their legal rights.

Yes, same sex couples should be allowed to marry. In our constitution it clearly states that there shall be a separation between church and state. I believe that just because certain sects of the Christian and other faiths believe that it is morally wrong it is not our decision. I believe it is a legal moral that they should be allowed the same rights to health care and making decisions about their loved ones as we have. While it really does not matter if it is referred to as a legal partnership or a marriage all men and women should be allowed the same legal rights under our government no matter what their sexual preference shall be.

• It's not a marriage.

Marriage was instituted by God with the first marriage of Adam and Eve. Marriage is intended for one man and one woman. It does not make sense socially, or biologically for same-sex couple. It is not natural, and it is not moral. Marriage should not even be a matter of state, it is a matter of church, it is a matter of God.

• Immorality?

While I am certainly not saying that same-sex couples should be prohibited from having CIVIL UNIONS, I cannot accept that "marriage" should be corrupted by what is, to those who initially developed the concept we hold today, a sin. "Marriage" in the narrowest sense is a religious institution--one created by a religion that cannot accept same-sex unions. However, civil unions, which have most, if not all of the same benefits as "marriage" the religious institution under law, are perfectly reasonable to me. Thus, I must disagree with the semantics of this statement.

Posted by: IX

Biblically, homosexuality is immoral and considered a sin. As well, if we make same sex marriage leagal, what "other" forms of marriage would this encourage to become legalized? Polyamourous or multiple wives/husbands? Legalized gay marriage creates a field of "grey area" in which marriage is placed. The lates U/S Census shows that births are down a full 17 percent from last year, I suspect a major contributing factor is that homosexuality is becoming so mainstream that children are "coming out" at much younger ages, finding partners, and not procreating. Lastly, I feel this demeans the whole concept of couples and marriage. In the bible it states marriages is between one woman and one man, anything less than this is not considered, in my opinion, a marriage.

Anonymous says2013-03-27T20:53:41.930
I think they should be allowed to marry even if they are not gay if they can gain a financial advantage by doing so.
Anonymous says2013-03-27T20:56:21.883
Yes even if they're not queer, if it's to they're financial benefit.