Should same-sex marriages be recognized by the U.S. military?

• We hold these truths to be self-evident...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Slowly, but surely progress marches on and we recognize the injustices of the past and correct them.

• It's my life

I am in the United States Army, and I believe if I am fighting for my country I should also be given the least of being able to marry whomever I so please. It should not be a problem with the way our sexual preference is chosen. Please legalize it.

• Why not?

I see no reason why certain marriages should be recognized and others exempt from having their marriage recognized based on religious ideals. We have the establishment clause, separation of church and state, in order to prevent faith dictating law. I see no reason whatsoever why government should discriminate like this.

• YES

As far as government marriages go, there's nothing special or sacred about those. At its core, legal marriage is nothing more than a contract. I cannot see any reason why two people in a same sex relationship should be prevented from entering into such a contract.

The military is just an arm of the government, so the same logic that would apply to legal marriages in the civilian sector should apply within the military. I suppose what I'm saying is that I think it's kind of ridiculous for the military to refuse to acknowledge as valid two people who choose to enter into a legally binding contract.

• Obviously

Americans and the world need to just get over their bias that exists against same sex relationships. I think the military, religion, education, and businesses need to accept and recognize these relationships and give the same benefits as opposite sex partnerships. If you do not like gay marriage, do not get one.

• I believe so!

I believe if two people are in love they should have the right to be married. I do not believe that the government or the church has a right to tell homosexuals that they cannot be married because of their sexual orientation. In the military, they should allow same sex marriages because they are accepting homosexuals in the military!