Should Saturday school be required for failing students?

• There should be Saturday school

We think that Saturday school should be an option for the people that are cheese or ham. Cheese and hams are sort of like olives so Saturday school is GOOD! Just remember everyone should be like milk and turkey not ham and cheese. So Saturday school is good! Yeah! Go SATURDAY SCHOOL!

• Yes yes and yes!

I believe it should be for only students who are failing and not for the good students who have excellent grade and all/most assignments turned in (like me). It also helps with the students focus if they attend school more. Yes, it maybe boring but if you pay attention you might get loads of help.

• Saturday should be school

I think everyone should have to fo to school on saturday because educations is good you could succeed and have an extra day of learning i think they should do saturday school from 10:00 in the morning to 4:00 and there should be saturday school it is good for everyones education

• Saturday should be school

• It would be an incentive

If they have to go to school on Saturdays rather than hang out with friend then it might be an incentive to try harder. Not to mention there will most likely be much smaller classes therefore it will be a more one on one approach. I think it would be a good idea.

• For the Student

Whether a student in school needs extra help in their education is not a black and white decision. If the student is doing well in school, has good grades, and stays caught up on homework, then why assign them a Saturday school? They obviously don't need it. And making a teacher stay at the school one more day isn't going to make them any happier either. Give Saturday school to students who are struggling and NEED extra help with homework or studies.

• It is inconsiderate to teachers

The implication of a new system in a school forces teachers to come tutor the students who do not pay attention in class and choose not to study. The teachers would have to take time off of their days off and so will students, who would not perform any better with no motivation from themselves or teachers.

• Yes but only if

Yes I think Saturday school should be required for failing students, but only if the students are seriously trying during the regular school hours and needs more help. If a student is failing classes because he or she shows no interest in the class then Saturday school would not change that.

Posted by: jus
  • What about their life?

No I seriously think that taking a weekend away from a kid for something that won't help them in life won't really being it them that much. Also what about students that can't go. What if they have special plans that can't be moved. Are they supposed to go out of their way to move their plans around. Not only that but I go to church on Saturday. I know many people don't but what about the people that do. Do they also have to throw their plans away to go to Saturday school. Maybe they should have AFTER-SCHOOL tutoring. But don't ruin someone else's plans just for something that won't prepare you for life

• I go to Saturday school

At my school it is compulsory to do Saturday school and I feel that you don't get a life or such. Everything just revolves round eat, work, sleep, repeat everyday apart from a Sunday where you get a day at home free to spend with your family. I find this rather annoying. Has it helped me so far? Not really as most of us don't want to be there so we are all rather grumpy and don't give our best. So overall I think it is not as good to do Saturday school.

• What about their life?

5 days is enough for both students and teachers .. I think 5 days of school plus the added stress of homework is enough. Students need time with their friends and families so do teachers. Also being realistic they'd wag Saturday school. If teachers want students to catch up or learn more there is homework for that which i also do not agree with.

• I go to Saturday school

• Saturdays Won't Stop Failure

If students are inclined to fail because of lack of attention to their homework or excessive absenteeism, Saturday school is not going to benefit them. If the student really needs the extra academic attention and effort, tutoring is a much better and more effective use of resources than paying a teacher for Saturday school.

• Education Starts at Home

Education should start at home, not at school on Saturday. Kids who fail in school often aren't getting enough attention at home from parents. School on a Saturday shouldn't be mandatory for kids failing their classes. A different approach to education is needed, not more classes. If a kid is failing, he or she needs to have someone take charge of their education in a different method.

• No, they will still not pass

I think that will not work because either they will not show up or they will do nothing when they are there. We are working with a different generation of students and youth. They are not willing to put in the work that students used to. They believe that everything will just be given to them instead.

• Education is important but other things are also important in developing children

Saturday is often reserved for children's participation in sports and extra curricular activities which promote better learning in the classroom.

Social interaction, free time and play are also essential to a child's learning and development.

• NO!

99% of the time, people fail because they just don't care. Beating a dead horse doesn't make it more dead. If the students don't understand that good grades are a step towards a good future, than that's their fault! Why should the teachers have to work overtime just to get the same attitude from these kids that they normally do?

Anonymous says2013-05-20T01:32:30.023
Kids should have school six days a week to get more education and to help failing students.