Should school athletes have to be on honor roll to play in games?

• You probably wont make into the pros!

The chances are that you wont even make it into the pros, and therefore if you base your school education on 'well I can fail the test because I will just become a great sport player' then it probably wont work. I did a report on this topic in7th grade (got an A+, thank you) and found out that only one in 2,400 collage participants will make it into the pros.

• Yes, they should.....

Because being on the honor roll is like making people see who you are and not what you became. Because if those people who always put sports first then school but please think about if you put sports first then school, why do sports if you're just thinking about that all the time and not thinking about school. For I school always comes first because school comes first then sports. Having school first that mean you can have the time to think about doing sports and different things that they at the school.

• With exeptions, yes

Students have less than a .1 percent chance of making a professional sport, and they are going to not succeed in life because when you don't make it all the way, grades matter and previous sports experiences don't. A a a a a a a a a a a a

• With exeptions, yes

• We need good grades

While school gets dumbed down it is becoming easier for the athletes to get good grades. They just need to actually try. In stead of goofing off in class thinking about basketball practice, the time will go a lot faster if you pay attention. In most high schools if you aren't getting good grades you can't play on any spots teams.

• Yes they should...

So many kids who play sports seem to be like those goofballs jumping around in class doing the whip like a retard, you should be getting good grades anyways and honor rolls would help those sports players not be as primitive and weird as they are in today's society anymore...

• Y'all are dumb

Doesn't matter if you don't understand the subjects, you should be paying attention in class. I know it may be hard with constant practice, but you should be able to balance sports and school even enough to get enough sleep to focus and be able to process the information given.

• Dhdhhddbchdhsdjdhdjshd dhdsjhjdsh hdbshdshs

Dhhdhdbchd dhdbsj hdbsjz dsjzhszhd djshzdbdbz uisdjhs dhcbsjzhdu dehhdhdeh dhdbdh i aod9 deeeh hdhdudb djbsh hdjshdb xjshjdb think thst studnt dhiurkd haev honor rool bescaye theh van get n ti a better colledw cnchv vhcj chhdh hdd chd ahdddd d dhnfnfs jjnfdj ia lsi think that athketes use to ahve homot rollh hhb

• What are the chances you'll make it to the pros

There are not a lot of pro teams and if you make sports your priority you wont make it I have friends that put sports before school and they are setting themselves up for failure when they don't make it and it makes me mad because it only hurts them

• A b c

A b c d e f d s a f g h t r e q a d g h r s f d g f d gf d d f r fg f fd g q g gd g fa f e fd e fs f re f f

• Not everyone can understand subjects as well as other people.

If students had to be on honor roll, now let's say someone has been dreaming of this since they were little, and let's say that they have a learning disability, it would be very hard for them to be able to play their dream sport. I believe that it should not be necessary.

• No we don't

I believe that they should at least have a passing grade, some students struggle in school, and the last thing they need is to be kicked out of a game cause they can't get an A. Rising expectations will lower many of the students confidence. Some might feel as if their not smart enough or good enough to play in any game. Some might feel left out

Posted by: my
  • No they shouldnt

Im a student athlete i am required to have above a 2.5 but I am a 3.0 and above student and I already have enough pressure trying to keep a spot on the team. At the same time if I dont make it to the pros I want to have a back up plan.

• They should not

It is already enough pressure to have to be good at the sport to make the team but then you also have to be on the honor roll? That sounds like too much pressure. I think that students should just have above a C to play in games and play in practice

• No, school athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

School athletes should be required to keep a basic level of good grades and attendance. However, they should not be required to be on the honor roll in order to be able to play in games. The common sports player usually has an above average grade point average in order to play in sports.

• No,student athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

It would be a little unrealistic to expect all athletes to be on the honor role.Different people have different abilities.Where some people excel in academics other people excel in athletics.It would probably be enough to expect all athletes to pass so they could at least a certain level of academic achievement.

• No no no

Many people have a athletic ability that others may not have. Sometimes those people also are not very smart/educated. Students shouldnt be on the honor roll just to play in games if many are more athletic then smart. Its very hard to handle school and sports at the same time.

• No they should not

Not gf g g d ew g t t t rt tr r gr g t t t t r r s r rt gf g g g g g g g g g d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• They do not need to

If they are good at it they can get a scholarship in it not education. Tjnt gwt rfd fdfd fd df f f ff f df d d da s a s sa as as s as as as as sa zsd sd d sd d df f fd fd f f f

• No I don't believe student athletes should have to be on the honor roll.

That's expecting too much from a student who is probably more focused on being a better athlete. Dgyhgfhfghhgfdfghhgfhgf hgfhgfgfdh hgff f f f f f f f f f ff f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f ff f ff f f ff