Should school athletes have to be on honor roll to play in games?

• You probably wont make into the pros!

The chances are that you wont even make it into the pros, and therefore if you base your school education on 'well I can fail the test because I will just become a great sport player' then it probably wont work. I did a report on this topic in7th grade (got an A+, thank you) and found out that only one in 2,400 collage participants will make it into the pros.

• Its not fair

Kids should be able to play sports even without honor roll! It isn't fair that kids with honor roll can play but kids without it can't it shouldn't matter. Kids could be dreaming and practicing their whole life and it just goes to waste! Honestly i don't think its fair.

• Yes yes yes

Students should be on the A or B honor roll to participate in sports. Extracurriculars are a privilege, not a right. Academics should come first and the fun stuff should come second. The whole reason students attend school is to gain knowledge, not gain muscle mass. Why should students who are drowning in missing and failed assignments be able to skip class and feed that vortex of failure? Sports aren't that important, either. Only .6% of high school athletes make it into a pro sport, according to work.Chron.Com. Putting stipulations on high school sports would encourage students to strive to achieve a higher GPA. Instead, some athletes don't care about school so they let their grades slide, maintaining above the very low expectation of 2 failing classes. In conclusion, I believe it would be beneficial to schools if they placed this restriction upon their students.

• Yes yes yes

• Honor roll should be required to play school sports

Kids who dont try in school shouldnt be allowed to play in a school sport. Some kids in school dont care about their grades or their school behavior , those kids who dont care should no be able to play. If ur doing bad in school then no sports. School before sports

• Yes, they should.....

Because being on the honor roll is like making people see who you are and not what you became. Because if those people who always put sports first then school but please think about if you put sports first then school, why do sports if you're just thinking about that all the time and not thinking about school. For I school always comes first because school comes first then sports. Having school first that mean you can have the time to think about doing sports and different things that they at the school.

• With exeptions, yes

Students have less than a .1 percent chance of making a professional sport, and they are going to not succeed in life because when you don't make it all the way, grades matter and previous sports experiences don't. A a a a a a a a a a a a

• With exeptions, yes

• We need good grades

While school gets dumbed down it is becoming easier for the athletes to get good grades. They just need to actually try. In stead of goofing off in class thinking about basketball practice, the time will go a lot faster if you pay attention. In most high schools if you aren't getting good grades you can't play on any spots teams.

• Yes they should...

So many kids who play sports seem to be like those goofballs jumping around in class doing the whip like a retard, you should be getting good grades anyways and honor rolls would help those sports players not be as primitive and weird as they are in today's society anymore...

• Not everyone can understand subjects as well as other people.

If students had to be on honor roll, now let's say someone has been dreaming of this since they were little, and let's say that they have a learning disability, it would be very hard for them to be able to play their dream sport. I believe that it should not be necessary.

• No we don't

I believe that they should at least have a passing grade, some students struggle in school, and the last thing they need is to be kicked out of a game cause they can't get an A. Rising expectations will lower many of the students confidence. Some might feel as if their not smart enough or good enough to play in any game. Some might feel left out

Posted by: my
  • No they shouldnt

Im a student athlete i am required to have above a 2.5 but I am a 3.0 and above student and I already have enough pressure trying to keep a spot on the team. At the same time if I dont make it to the pros I want to have a back up plan.

• They should not

It is already enough pressure to have to be good at the sport to make the team but then you also have to be on the honor roll? That sounds like too much pressure. I think that students should just have above a C to play in games and play in practice

• No, school athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

School athletes should be required to keep a basic level of good grades and attendance. However, they should not be required to be on the honor roll in order to be able to play in games. The common sports player usually has an above average grade point average in order to play in sports.

• No,student athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

It would be a little unrealistic to expect all athletes to be on the honor role.Different people have different abilities.Where some people excel in academics other people excel in athletics.It would probably be enough to expect all athletes to pass so they could at least a certain level of academic achievement.

• Its not fair

• Not all have the smarts

I have never meen on the A honor role and its unfair to the students to have to miss out on their games because they are not smart enough. So to conclude i think that they should not have to be on the honor role to paly sports at all.

• It makes no sense it has nothing to do with your sports outside of school unless it is a school sport now that's another discussion.

Say that your child had a c but in my opinion a c is not a failing grade and honor roll has absolutely nothing to do with sports it is just none sense and that is why I think honor roll should not be in a affective play unless it is a school sport.

• A b c

If you have C"s, you still have a passing grade, but you will not be put on honor roll, even though you are passing your classes. I think Even if you have passing grades and are not on honor roll you should still be able to play in your games