Should school athletes have to be on honor roll to play in games?

• You probably wont make into the pros!

The chances are that you wont even make it into the pros, and therefore if you base your school education on 'well I can fail the test because I will just become a great sport player' then it probably wont work. I did a report on this topic in7th grade (got an A+, thank you) and found out that only one in 2,400 collage participants will make it into the pros.

• Yes students should be on the honor roll.

You would not get anywhere in college. Just because your really good does not mean you will go anywhere you want without grades. The honor roll doesn't have to be only A's . It can be A's and B's. If you really want to succeed in life you will have to have the grades. No scholar ship if you don't have the grades.

• Yes students should have to be on honor roll

Students should have to have honor roll to be able to play in games because it encourages them to try harder. For those who agree reply back to this comment if you agree if you don't then okay it is what it is just try to understand our point of this.

• Its not fair

Kids should be able to play sports even without honor roll! It isn't fair that kids with honor roll can play but kids without it can't it shouldn't matter. Kids could be dreaming and practicing their whole life and it just goes to waste! Honestly i don't think its fair.

• Yes yes yes

Students should be on the A or B honor roll to participate in sports. Extracurriculars are a privilege, not a right. Academics should come first and the fun stuff should come second. The whole reason students attend school is to gain knowledge, not gain muscle mass. Why should students who are drowning in missing and failed assignments be able to skip class and feed that vortex of failure? Sports aren't that important, either. Only .6% of high school athletes make it into a pro sport, according to work.Chron.Com. Putting stipulations on high school sports would encourage students to strive to achieve a higher GPA. Instead, some athletes don't care about school so they let their grades slide, maintaining above the very low expectation of 2 failing classes. In conclusion, I believe it would be beneficial to schools if they placed this restriction upon their students.

• Yes yes yes

• Honor roll should be required to play school sports

Kids who dont try in school shouldnt be allowed to play in a school sport. Some kids in school dont care about their grades or their school behavior , those kids who dont care should no be able to play. If ur doing bad in school then no sports. School before sports

• Yes, they should.....

Because being on the honor roll is like making people see who you are and not what you became. Because if those people who always put sports first then school but please think about if you put sports first then school, why do sports if you're just thinking about that all the time and not thinking about school. For I school always comes first because school comes first then sports. Having school first that mean you can have the time to think about doing sports and different things that they at the school.

• With exeptions, yes

Students have less than a .1 percent chance of making a professional sport, and they are going to not succeed in life because when you don't make it all the way, grades matter and previous sports experiences don't. A a a a a a a a a a a a

• With exeptions, yes

• Not everyone can understand subjects as well as other people.

If students had to be on honor roll, now let's say someone has been dreaming of this since they were little, and let's say that they have a learning disability, it would be very hard for them to be able to play their dream sport. I believe that it should not be necessary.

• No we don't

I believe that they should at least have a passing grade, some students struggle in school, and the last thing they need is to be kicked out of a game cause they can't get an A. Rising expectations will lower many of the students confidence. Some might feel as if their not smart enough or good enough to play in any game. Some might feel left out

Posted by: my
  • No they shouldnt

Im a student athlete i am required to have above a 2.5 but I am a 3.0 and above student and I already have enough pressure trying to keep a spot on the team. At the same time if I dont make it to the pros I want to have a back up plan.

• They should not

It is already enough pressure to have to be good at the sport to make the team but then you also have to be on the honor roll? That sounds like too much pressure. I think that students should just have above a C to play in games and play in practice

• No, school athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

School athletes should be required to keep a basic level of good grades and attendance. However, they should not be required to be on the honor roll in order to be able to play in games. The common sports player usually has an above average grade point average in order to play in sports.

• No,student athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

It would be a little unrealistic to expect all athletes to be on the honor role.Different people have different abilities.Where some people excel in academics other people excel in athletics.It would probably be enough to expect all athletes to pass so they could at least a certain level of academic achievement.

• No they shouldn't.

I am a middle school athete and i play 3 sports. Basketball, Cross Country, and Track. It is enough pressure being eligible. I am a good student and try hard in school but i am not in the honor role because i have a B in band and a B in math because i am not allowed to redo test in these subjects. Not everyone is a genius, but kids still try.

• No I do not think it is right

No I don't think that its need to be it should be easier for children who have a dream but cant complete it I myself am a good student but I do not always make the honour roll and I play soccer which I am very good at So this is my argument against the people who think it is right to ruin other children's dreams.

• Its what keeps all kids struggling or not struggling academically alive.

These kids like my brother for one, should not have to be benched or not be able to be on the team because of academic challenges. Sports kept many of these boys and girls alive (as in mentally) because they were so overwhelmed from the struggling and stress of school it was their escape and way of proving that they weren't just the kid with bad grades but they could be something better because not everyone excels in the same areas but everyone should have the chance to do what they love.
    Imagine not being able to do what you love, art, music, being a parent, teaching, being creative or using your mind. Well that's what happens everyday to these kids that try so hard but still aren't making the cut. I encourage you to look on the kids point of view because sports is a way out, for a lot of them, out of drugs abusive families pressure anger stress ect. So next time you think well they can just try harder in there schooling if they want to be on the team, think about my older brother, he was 150 pds, and was second best line backer on our school football team he was leading in sacks and they won Arkansas state game, in the year of 2015, but he had been suffering from dyslexia his whole life, this had not been discovered till his senior year,2017, and football was his way out of frustration and the hurt from trying so hard and failing every time. Sports was his was to stay alive.