Should school athletes have to be on honor roll to play in games?

• You probably wont make into the pros!

The chances are that you wont even make it into the pros, and therefore if you base your school education on 'well I can fail the test because I will just become a great sport player' then it probably wont work. I did a report on this topic in7th grade (got an A+, thank you) and found out that only one in 2,400 collage participants will make it into the pros.

• Yes you should

When you are a student athlete you should be on the honor roll because if you have your grades go down then you will be cut from the team if you are on a honor roll you can keep your grades up and play as an athlete so yes you should

• No they shouldn't

This guy plays 3 sports and its a lot of pressure and i feel bad for him and you should be able to play for anything, not just in a smelly PE class. Nobody likes school so i say forget it you dont need a smelly honor roll and would if the good players got bad grades then your team would suck.

• Yes or at least they have to stay at a C

Not everybody can be in a honors roll but they should still get the chance before someone who always gets bad grades on purpose. Not just will honors get the chance but so will everyone else who at least to have a good grade and if anyone gets below a C they should get suspended till they get their grade back up to a C or more

• School comes first.

School comes first. Kids need to learn more because when they are in collage they are going to regret doing a lot of sports . They miss class time and learning. It disrupts class when they leave. They can miss test and essays. Sports should be after school to be done.

• School comes first

School comes first because kids need to learn more than they do sports. Sports can be done in P.E. Because that is the time for sports. When done in class they can miss a test or a essay. They need to do sports after school or in P.E. Not in class.

• School comes first

• School comes first

• School comes first

• Not everyone can understand subjects as well as other people.

If students had to be on honor roll, now let's say someone has been dreaming of this since they were little, and let's say that they have a learning disability, it would be very hard for them to be able to play their dream sport. I believe that it should not be necessary.

• No we don't

I believe that they should at least have a passing grade, some students struggle in school, and the last thing they need is to be kicked out of a game cause they can't get an A. Rising expectations will lower many of the students confidence. Some might feel as if their not smart enough or good enough to play in any game. Some might feel left out

Posted by: my
  • No they shouldnt

Im a student athlete i am required to have above a 2.5 but I am a 3.0 and above student and I already have enough pressure trying to keep a spot on the team. At the same time if I dont make it to the pros I want to have a back up plan.

• They should not

It is already enough pressure to have to be good at the sport to make the team but then you also have to be on the honor roll? That sounds like too much pressure. I think that students should just have above a C to play in games and play in practice

• No, school athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

School athletes should be required to keep a basic level of good grades and attendance. However, they should not be required to be on the honor roll in order to be able to play in games. The common sports player usually has an above average grade point average in order to play in sports.

• No,student athletes should not have to be on honor roll to play in games.

It would be a little unrealistic to expect all athletes to be on the honor role.Different people have different abilities.Where some people excel in academics other people excel in athletics.It would probably be enough to expect all athletes to pass so they could at least a certain level of academic achievement.

• They should just have a passing grade

If u do that the ppl that r actually struggling in school wont be able to play and that crushing their dreams and the ppl that pass that r just below the honor roll cant play out of all the colleges in the world one would take either one but I also agree bout they should set a limit but not a limit higher than average I play soccer but I don't want to be on the honor cause they start expecting more of u but that's just a lot of ppl want to show off how smart they r but I want a soccer scholarship so I stay just below I want yall to know if this ever happens I WILL FIND U AND I WILL KIKIKIKILLL UUUUUUUUUUUUUU.; NO HARD FEELINGS

• No, they should not have to.

There are a lot of students who have a lot of potential and talent, only to get turned down by something as unrelated as your grades. Whether or not you should be able to play in a game should be determined by how good you are at sports, not your work ethics in school. Kids should get the chance to play a sport they love, and being good at a sport and keeping up with school at the same time is too much.

• No, they should not have to.

• No, they should not have to.