• School should be Year Round:

It is greatly beneficial. You could have shorter school days with greater accommodation for scientific knowledge (starting school later, for instance, for teens grants greater retention of all classes rather than those just after 10am on average) in Education and you could also create a system that gives a greater number of meaningful vacations rather than an extremely long "vacation" that only encourages students to forget what they've learned due to not being presented with the information constantly (or at all) for 90+ days.

Year round schooling is scientifically better.

Not only this but the current system is based on an archaic system in America for farm children where summer was used to tend and grow farms however this is no longer applicable for most in the modern age and thus the system has no value and is out of date.

• School should be 360 days a year we only need five days off such as:

1.Christmas day 2. May bank holiday 3.Easter Sunday 4.August bank holiday 5.Good Friday
    Other than a few days (the above) off, school should be year round 9-4pm. I am a student, I love school everything about it and it's such an amazing place, I am proud to wear the uniform. I would love to be able to be in the classroom learning all year round. I would happily spend 16 years constantly learning every single day. It would also lower the rate of misbehavior outside of school because kids would be in the class room most of the time. I am 14 now and I wish that my school did summer school because I would openly do it. I love working and learning all of the time it's so fun.

• No way ppl

School is something that shouldn't be all year im a middle school student and I think we dont need school. It's horrible sometimes and the homework is really bad. . . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . .

• They are not listening to this properly!!!

You guys just need to stop and think: It would not be an actual 365 days and if you are modifying the school system like this why on earth would you not make simple changes like shorter school days and in some cases we may have one or two days in a week off. Not everything is so rigid, which is why we need this change, we need to cater our schools for todays world, not yesterdays.

• Students need weekends, breaks, and holidays.

Can you imagine going to school for 12+ continuous years? Imagine what that would do to a student. It would create an infinite spiral of stress, eliminate their ability to travel anywhere, or spend time with family, and deprive them of sleep. Most students' will to do well in school starts wavering by the second semester. How would they behave in the 24th semester? Poorly. I'm hoping this is not what the creator of this poll meant, but taking what he said literally, it would be a terrible idea.

• Need to improve on other areas first

I don't think 365 day schooling is a good solution. In the United States specifically, and additionally globally, we need to focus more on what students are learning in school and the quality of learning. Increasing quantity does not always increase knowledge. If we increase quality of schooling, then we can begin to think about increasing quantity.

• Heck no! 19th century factory workers had more days off.

Seriously, there is no way any any human being could handle going to school every day out of the year. If the American education system went in that direction, grades, student retention, etc would plummet drastically because almost everybody would be overworked to the breaking point. Just stick with the current system, lest we end up with a generation of robot kids like those being cranked out in East Asia.

• Not at all.

While I agree that year-round school would be better than the 9ish month school year we have where I live, 365 days is a little extreme. I've always thought school should have weekends and holidays off, with a week or two off around April, August and December; like in between trimesters. That way, everyone gets a break, but you don't forget everything you learned in May when you go back to school in September.

• Not beneficial to students at all.

Students need holidays to study at home. It is impossible for everything to happen in class. Yes, learning with a teacher is important, but so is doing past papers, reciting what you've learnt in class, etc. Those can and should be done without a teacher, in the student's own home.

• Why more school.

Kids would not get to have fun and live the life they deserve. I love summer and being able to hang with friends. Most of your life you don’t get out. Most of your life is school. I’d skip school if I could, and learn to fly. School should not be 365 days, you get no weekends, why not make int 24 hours

• No way hoesa

Imagine if you have no summer just school you wouldn't have fun with far away friends or even go see family members i say no so no i like school but i would like summer to.I say no but you might think yes that was my opinion on should we have school year round.

• No way ppl

• Why? Because how only students feel?

Students and schools need a break to recoup and prepare for the next group of students. You guys are just focused on students, but what about teachers and principles, who also need a break and some rest from doing their jobs. So the question is not just focused on us students and how we feel, but hat about the teachers as well?

• It's too long

As it is, school days are at least 6 grueling hours without any breaks except lunch, harried as it is. Adding any more time to our already overworked schedules would be an undue tax on our energy and our infrastructure.
    P.S. There are three complete nonsense posts above me, i.e. "Nooooooooooooo nooooooooooo nooooooooooo", and "Gg g g"

Formerland1 says2014-07-25T06:04:00.137
A little more school but not a whole year .