• I am bored in school!!!! :(

Every day I am learning the same stinking thing in math, science, and all subjects. Every year since first grade we have learned about place value. I think that I get the idea now! And duh, I know how to comprehend things. I don't need a test every week! I finish most of these devils within ten minutes. Why waste time repeating things we already know when we could be learning new things lightning fast!

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• I am bored in school!!!! :(

• Generalization of difficulty based on assumptions and averages

Schools typically offer challenging courses. My schedule is a prime example: I'm taking 5 AP credits this year and took 4 last year. It's an extremely exhausting lifestyle.Society pressures all of the students to take harder classes, but only the elite students really respond because we are the only ones who care. Because of the extra pressures on the high achievers, many of us get pushed too hard. As a result, we develop serious problems such as depression, extreme anxiety, and sleep deprivation. Many of us become cynical and horribly sardonic. The great burden destroy our passion. In the words of Erich Maria Remarque, " We don’t want to take the world by storm. We are fleeing. We fly from ourselves. From our life. " The problem isn't that school is too easy, it is that it is too easy for those who don't try, and these lower extremes dominate the image of the system while those who work hard remain unrecognized and pushed to the brink of oblivion. Focus not on increasing the difficulty, but on making sure everyone meets the existing standard.

• Schools should not be more Challenging.

Schools on a daily basis cause a lot of controversy, but they should not be made more challenging.
    The smart pupils can learn more on their own, they can go to the web and learn...

But what about the pupils who cannot keep up with the lesson, they will struggle on and on and on for the rest of eternity if the level is made more challenging, so that they can barely gain a foothold of it...

Teachers will feel sad... They want all pupils to be smart, so even they might agree (under no pain of societical pressure) that the standards not be made more challenging.

• Hel* no! This is outrageous!!

School is way two fuc*ing hard, I work my *ss off every day just to be rewarded with a "D" or an "F". Meanwhile all of my time and sleep is taken and I cannot pursue my dreams. In conclusion, I hope no schoolmaster lets this AS**OLE of an idea make its way into the school system

• It's not the best idea

I'm definitely not the smartest person in year 9 and I do find school stressful especially being in some of the higher classes but the school I attended has different levels of the classes so people are where the need to be. This means we learn at a pace we can cope with and we learn in a way we understand so that later in life we'll know the things we learnt and that will help us. If schools became more challenging this wouldn't be the case. Students can fall behind or not understand something but because they don't want to look stupid they won't say anything, which makes it worse. Making school more challenging will cause stress on the students. I personally think that helping students harder to achieve their best by giving them more time and attention can help. At the same time all the pressure on students can case anxiety, depression and sleep deprivation, all of which won't help in our education only make it worse. Some students will then than take to drugs in attempt to sleep less and study more and because of social disorders. School is supposed to be a place where we can learn, it isn't supposed to push us to breaking point.

• Its tied/bad in some ways

Enjoy you relaxation at home but school is right good for now, I get homework every day in small portions which shouldn't be cause we do that same work later on. Some people find it challenging I sort of don't but i know others who do its just right if you want more challenging go to south america god luck

• No just no

More than half the things we learn in school will not be used in the real world anyway so why should we have to do harder work for something we do not need. Also, the amount of sleep deprivation and stress caused by school is absurd. School is supposed to help people excel not push them so hard they break.

• It's hard enough.

The planet had forgotten that not everyone learns at the same speed. The new testing is basically stereotyping that everyone is the same. We all are different. This means we all have strengths and weaknesses. I have seen kids in 6th grade learning methods that made to sense to 12th graders.

• I think that's a bad idea.

As a ninth grader I am stressed out as it is. I can see how you could ponder the idea, but I can't support something like this. If you want a smarter learning system I think you should not push that on the majority of students that don't want this.

DatDebater says2015-04-17T00:37:32.490
We shouldn't make it harder. Look at all the stress they have L(((