• School builds a foundation for learning.

School provides students goals and dreams for their future. In my school, GT students are rarely given any attention to their strong academic success. Studies show that by not challenging gifted students, they are not as successful in life. That is a huge waste of talent. As I have a great passion for math and health, and there is nothing "fun" in those classes. In fact, they don't even teach "the cool things" in those subjects in elementary school. GT helps a little bit, but not much. They do not teach "the good things "in math, though. School must be more challenging in order to retain the diverse talents of students.

• Advanced students are not learning anything at schools.

Schools are supposed to provide students with information and knowledge about the world they will meet later on in life. Advanced students are not learning anything, therefore getting no information for the money they paid. Talk about a RIPOFF! Even though less advanced students may fall behind, they can do extra enrichment themselves after school. If weaker students are too far behind they are not suitable for the current grade level. Therefore, more advanced kids will also learn as weaker can find more suitable classes or work harder at home.

• Schools Dumb Lessons Down Too Far

As some may already know, I am a student. I am known by my friends as a science nerd, but this only means I know a thing about how stuff works and I occasionally find myself reading the dictionary... Anyway, one time in science class my teacher told us we were going to be doing some "difficult" research... One of the words we needed to know was gravity. The state-sanctioned textbook defined gravity as "The force that pulls rocks and land downward." I could think of a better definition instantly! After 5 seconds of thought, I came up with "The weakest of the fundamental forces of the Universe, it binds planets into orbit around stars and attracts objects to one another by means of mass." You may think "oh, but this is just one example" but even last year in 7th Grade Bio class, we spent 20 minutes just "learning" how to say Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA). This results in 8th grade students thinking that a "shooting star" is actually a type of star! Thanks, school districts! We need to at least offer an advanced class for every subject, if not change all of our lesson plans!!!!!!!!>:(

• Schools Should be More Challenging

Schools are not challenging enough. Public schools are often thought of as a "dumping ground" and challenge will help this. Younger ages definitely need higher expectations as an early start, so that when students reach middle and high schools they will be prepared. Often, advanced students cannot pay for private schooling, but need the challenge, and are not offered it in their public shool.

• Generalization of difficulty based on assumptions and averages

Schools typically offer challenging courses. My schedule is a prime example: I'm taking 5 AP credits this year and took 4 last year. It's an extremely exhausting lifestyle.Society pressures all of the students to take harder classes, but only the elite students really respond because we are the only ones who care. Because of the extra pressures on the high achievers, many of us get pushed too hard. As a result, we develop serious problems such as depression, extreme anxiety, and sleep deprivation. Many of us become cynical and horribly sardonic. The great burden destroy our passion. In the words of Erich Maria Remarque, " We don’t want to take the world by storm. We are fleeing. We fly from ourselves. From our life. " The problem isn't that school is too easy, it is that it is too easy for those who don't try, and these lower extremes dominate the image of the system while those who work hard remain unrecognized and pushed to the brink of oblivion. Focus not on increasing the difficulty, but on making sure everyone meets the existing standard.

• Schools should not be more Challenging.

Schools on a daily basis cause a lot of controversy, but they should not be made more challenging.
    The smart pupils can learn more on their own, they can go to the web and learn...

But what about the pupils who cannot keep up with the lesson, they will struggle on and on and on for the rest of eternity if the level is made more challenging, so that they can barely gain a foothold of it...

Teachers will feel sad... They want all pupils to be smart, so even they might agree (under no pain of societical pressure) that the standards not be made more challenging.

• It's not the best idea

I'm definitely not the smartest person in year 9 and I do find school stressful especially being in some of the higher classes but the school I attended has different levels of the classes so people are where the need to be. This means we learn at a pace we can cope with and we learn in a way we understand so that later in life we'll know the things we learnt and that will help us. If schools became more challenging this wouldn't be the case. Students can fall behind or not understand something but because they don't want to look stupid they won't say anything, which makes it worse. Making school more challenging will cause stress on the students. I personally think that helping students harder to achieve their best by giving them more time and attention can help. At the same time all the pressure on students can case anxiety, depression and sleep deprivation, all of which won't help in our education only make it worse. Some students will then than take to drugs in attempt to sleep less and study more and because of social disorders. School is supposed to be a place where we can learn, it isn't supposed to push us to breaking point.

• Its tied/bad in some ways

Enjoy you relaxation at home but school is right good for now, I get homework every day in small portions which shouldn't be cause we do that same work later on. Some people find it challenging I sort of don't but i know others who do its just right if you want more challenging go to south america god luck

• No just no

More than half the things we learn in school will not be used in the real world anyway so why should we have to do harder work for something we do not need. Also, the amount of sleep deprivation and stress caused by school is absurd. School is supposed to help people excel not push them so hard they break.

• It's hard enough.

The planet had forgotten that not everyone learns at the same speed. The new testing is basically stereotyping that everyone is the same. We all are different. This means we all have strengths and weaknesses. I have seen kids in 6th grade learning methods that made to sense to 12th graders.

• I think that's a bad idea.

As a ninth grader I am stressed out as it is. I can see how you could ponder the idea, but I can't support something like this. If you want a smarter learning system I think you should not push that on the majority of students that don't want this.

DatDebater says2015-04-17T00:37:32.490
We shouldn't make it harder. Look at all the stress they have L(((