• Why should I do this boring stuff when I can be amazing at what I do best

School is a job for kids so we should get interviewed and asked what we like not what we should do in the teachers eyes. What ever we like or we are good at is what we should be doing like I am good at building but instead of doing what i am good at and what I like I half to sit in a boring room for 8 hours every day and work on stuff that is boring to me and all of my other colleges

• Pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy

Pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy

• Because it sucks.

Kids in school think school is not that fun because at resses there is not that much things to do. At are school, IRE we have a Tedder Ball court but lots of people want to do it so there is a long line and last week I could only play one time.

• Because it sucks.

• Because it sucks.

• More fun at school!

We should have more fun days at schoo, because a lot of kids don't like sitting in their desks all day and being bored out of their minds. I took a survey in my class and 91 percent of people agreed with me that school needs more fun days. So ya

• I think school should be more fun! More exciting to go to, more motivational.

When some kids look at school, they think of this boring place to go to. We sit in a desk for eight hours. Just sitting there and listening to the teacher all day. And most of the time, do ten plus page packets. Well, at my school anyways. If teachers actually showed they cared. And not treat this as just a job. Kids may be more motivated to come. If kids new and felt school was fun, they would be happy to come. Because, now a days if something in school is not fun or entertaining. Kids will tune out! What do you do when a friends wants you to do something with them. But, you do it and you don't like it. Or find it interesting, what do you do? Tune out! You don't want to do it anymore. I'm not saying school should be all about fun. But we should be happy to go to school. And its not like that anymore. I personally dislike school, but i still go because I know its helping me! But I don't find it fun or entertaining. We are just told what classes we need. And what we have to do in school, I feel adults take us at a advantage, some of us are more mature than some adults. We should be able to pick what classes we want, the classes that excite us! School should be that place you love to go to!

Email: deandrecarlisle1@ymail.Com

• Project is fun

As a future teacher, i think that school should be more fun. I think that learning should be an enjoyable experience.
    First, because in a school, the students have the possibility to build a project.
    It's important to have a project that they can apply. I agree with the above post that learning with a project, that means collaborative learning can spark a passion for subjects.

• Make students passionate

I do believe that school should be make more fun, but without sacrificing any of the educational material in doing so. Students need to have more real life applications to what they learn and I believe that having projects where they can apply what they are learning can spark a passion for subjects that they may have previously viewed as useless.

• Fun is the wrong word

In reading the first responses in the yes column, it seems clear to me that while the responses are agreeable, they have nothing do do with school being 'fun'. Fun can take many forms. Are we speaking of play merely for the sake of it? Are we speaking of factoring student enjoyment and affective response into the curriculum? I think not.

What is clear is that schools should be engaging. Material presented by the teacher should be purposeful and meaningful. We should hope that schools develop the whole child, and create opportunities for growth and development in addition to knowledge. However, fun, for fun's sake, is not always the answer.

Here as a quote from Dr. Bruce Perry. In an excellent article, one that cautions us on the free-wheeling use of 'fun' as motivator, the value of boredom is explained:

The Value of Boredom

Ironically, it is a lack of external stimulation and solitude that facilitates creative play. Often, a child will initially perceive this as "boredom." The child seeks structure and organization from parents or teachers — "I'm bored. I have nothing to do." And all too often we jump in too soon and make the mistake of creating the child's activities for him. We need to learn to let children become bored, because it is through this transient period of under-stimulation that their internal world can come alive. This process is facilitated by solitude — the opportunity to be alone and without too many external stimuli.

When a child cannot watch television, play video games, and is not participating in a scheduled "externally focused" activity, she will become more internally focused. Her imagination and creativity takes over. She will find and create "toys" from what is available — sticks become dolls, dolls become royalty, and these members of "royalty" become actors in the child's play — rocks become blocks, blocks become walls, and walls create castles.

I agree that schools should be more engaging, that creativity and higher order thinking skills should be encouraged, that we should cater more to multiple intelligences, and even at younger levels engage more with what Bodrova and Long call "the Tools of the Mind"

All of these could lower affective filters, and even make learning more pleasurable ... Preparing the learner for a life long learning process ... But just saying that school should be more fun ... Just because it was boring and we would like it more if it were fun ...

I'm sorry, I can't be behind that notion.