• Yes, year-round school is a sound idea.

If children go to school year-round, it is much more likely that they will retain the information they learn in class, instead of forgetting most of it over the three months of summer vacation. The beginning of the school year is usually spent reviewing the material that students learned in the previous school year, which results in wasted time for teachers, parents and students.

• Yes

It should be year round so that students do not have to relearn the information that the learned at the end of the previous school year. A lot of time is wasted in school those first couple weeks back from summer vacation relearning what they did the previous year. Year round school would stop this from happening.

• School Should Be Year Round Because. . .

School should be year round because kids always forget things over the summer break. No kid wants to study over break right? RIGHT!! Now to the main point. Teachers can either have a pretest for what they are learning then put the kids in groups depending on their scores for their test OR instead of doing that you can just have year round school. If there are any teachers on this poll I think that you should listen to my next opinion. I have been in school for a decent amount of time. I'm in 5th grade. So anyway teachers you NEED to listen!!! There is always that one kid who is like," Teacher!!!! I don't get any of this!! Can you please reteach it?" Then you are like," Yes! Ofcourse I can reteach it." You really want to say something else to that stupid kid who should've remembered something but you don't. Anyway I have to go. I hope I have made my point.

• Yes! School should be year round!

Sometimes, when I go into a new grade. I forgot the facts from the grade before that, so I need to learn some of those facts again. And that is taking time away from that grade learning. If we go to school year round, you might get longer vacations just not in 2 or 3 whole months together. So we SHOULD go year round. And then you could get out earlier one day the week than you get out later.

• Better testing scores

If the kids don't leave school for a whole 3 months just small breaks the testing scores could be better. This can really help boost our intelligence. As a student I don't like having a long time in between breaks, so with year-round school we can have much more frequent breaks even if they are short.

• Yes, I do.

It is much better. Search it up. It says that most schools that adopt this YRE program have successful results. Multiple vacations is better than just one really long summer. What if you don't even like the summer season? Some people would rather build snowman's than go swimming. Going to school year round is the better option, in my option.

• School should not be year round

Kids need a break from school they don't really need this muck of school they need like just an hour or two long with just the education they need for their job and if they want to do extra they can. And they can either do it just til they finish it or just do a really lng class and they also can have a really long summer.

• School should go all year round.

If school goes all year round then we could just take every three months off. Think about it, if you take every three months off then you would get four months off separately, including December, while in the summer you 2-3 months off. The school will also save money for the heater or the air conditioner in those days.

• Yes it should

Yes school should be and shall be year round due to the fact that there are breaks and all that stuff. So i vote yes and yes!! Schools and kids need this break. All people should see this too. Make all schools year round and less stress will come by.

• Yes it should

• School should never be year-round.

If you take away a student's ability to have a vacation you increase the risk of burn-out. While sure, more time for education sounds good, but what about those things that cannot be taught in school? Without vacation time you take away a child's time to be with their family, to go on vacation, to learn trades outside of school, and to just be a child. Childhood is for childhood things, and it should remain that way.

• Kids, do you really want to learn all stinkin' year and not get to do anything fun besides summer break?!?

I don't think you do! Well neither do I! Why do we need to learn so much stuff?!? Cant we have more grade levels of school so we can learn less stuff in one grade level at a time! We need breaks, you know! (More than just summer break) lol

• Where's Our Freedom?

School shouldn't be year-round! Kids need times to relax from all of the work teachers give them. As a student myself, I know that school, including homework can lead to stress and kids shouldn't experience stress because they're too young! It wouldn't be fair if we had school year-round because we need breaks! We'd want to be free and have fun! If school was year-round, we wouldn't have freedom and America represents just that! So, where would freedom stand in our country?

• School Should Not Be Year Round

Kids need time to be kids. Too much school can cause stress and can lead to depression. We're still young and deserve to have a long break. Let your brain cool down. If you let us have a long break, we'll be happier and not as cranky during class. We just need to relax and not have to stress out about school and tests constantly.

• School Should Not Be Year Round

• It is a stupid idea.

Students need time to relax and reflect. They do not need to be stuck in school all year. Stressed about getting work done and having to complete work all year. It is an EXTREMELY stupid idea. Kids need to be able to be kids. They can't be kids if they are at school 24/7.

• NO we should NOT have school all year around

No because it gives you stress and kids need vitamin d in the summer time. Parents got to pay for school also taxes we are kids are self in only in the 7th grade so it cause depression and stress they don't understand how many test we are taken. The little summer camps are not getting any money no time with our family parents have to pay more money with gas

• No year long school

Even though they get one or two week vacations, you can't just go off to summer camp for five weeks, which sucks. Also, most pool programs have their swim practices in the mornings during summer. With the pool thing, most of the one week vacations would be while the pool is closed, so barely any playing in the pool, and no long vacations. That is why there should be no year round school.

• Kids shouldn't have year round school

Kids shouldn't have year round school because school causes stress and having summer relives that stress. During summer kids get time to exercise and go to camp getting new friends and learning lifelong skills. On summer kids do forget some of the stuff they learned but if parents would test the kids they would forget much less and have a head start next year. - Devin

• Schools should not/

Schools shouldn't be year round because kids need some time to spend time with their friends and family for the summer. Kids shouldn't be able to have year round school because they stayed at school for like 9/10 months and and they need a break from school and they get tired of it.