• Yes, year-round school is a sound idea.

If children go to school year-round, it is much more likely that they will retain the information they learn in class, instead of forgetting most of it over the three months of summer vacation. The beginning of the school year is usually spent reviewing the material that students learned in the previous school year, which results in wasted time for teachers, parents and students.

• Yes

It should be year round so that students do not have to relearn the information that the learned at the end of the previous school year. A lot of time is wasted in school those first couple weeks back from summer vacation relearning what they did the previous year. Year round school would stop this from happening.

• School sucks, start a band.

Basically, I have this project in English on this topic. I didn't like the idea at first, which doesn't sound very convincing. After research i actually started to line the idea of year-round schooling. You'll have longer breaks (except for summer), so you'll never be bored. It also prepares you for college because you can have year round classes there as well. Not to mention, you'll have better test grades and a better ability to remember subjects because you won't be gone from school for months. Another reason is that maybe you want to celebrate your or your friends birthday, but it's in the summer. This is problematic, especially if you aren't spending the summer in town. That really sucks. At the end of the day, i know must of us don't like school. That's normal though, it is really harsh at times. In all your extra free time you'll have, you can do great things. Starting a band is one of those, they're pretty fabulous if you ask me. In conclusion, no matter who you are, or what you want to do with your life, its best to be in favor of having school year-round. Xx Princess of Punk XD

• I am a student and i think all schools should be all year round schools

I think it will be better for learning and not taking breaks that will have you forget what you have learned.But that it just my opinion.Some people need more education any way because some people are ghetto just like Chris Brown said in his song GHETTO.If you dont agree then go back to elementry school beacuse after 5 grade thins et really hard

• Year long school is not as bad as some people make it seem.

Okay, I'm not a big fan of school either, but year round school is not that bad. You still have the same number of break days and school days, but just scattered throughout the year. Then, you have breaks for for all seasons. Year round school does not only help students academically, but mentally, for students feel less stressed when they have bigger breaks more often. Overall, I wouldn't mind having year round school.

• Reasonable Answers as to Why School should be Year-Round

One reason why school should be year-round is because year-round school is not twelve months of school. As a matter of fact, year-round school has the same amount of days as normal. However, the year is arranged differently, typically with a one week vacation every month. Furthermore, more, individual vacations gives students time to relax and spend time with their families. On the other hand, students don’t forget information they learned that month because the vacations are shorter. In addition, students don’t have to stress about school as much when they have more time to finish work during the vacations. Moreover, students will not have to worry as much about the new school year, since it gradually gets harder, unlike a large three months of new school. In shorter terms, bigger vacations can make students overwhelmed by sudden work when they haven’t been at school for a while.
    Secondly, schools should be year-round because students can learn easier. When a student learns a concept during school, but doesn’t practice that concept more during summer break, it is easier to forget about it. Thus, it would save students and teachers a colossal amount of time because they would not have to relearn the concept, since they didn’t forget it. Similarly, students could learn much more information during the year because those big vacations would not take away time from their studying. Therefore, students could improve their grades and learn faster. In other words, students could do much better in school without large vacations to stop them from learning.
    Lastly, schools should be year round because they can have more frequent time with their friends and family. Weekends are only two days long, and the only real time you get at home is winter, spring, and summer. If students have one week vacations every month, they don’t get bombarded with work as much, because they have a lot more time in between school. For example, they can relax, and take time off from the long, work-loaded weeks of school. In addition, students can enjoy time between school by going places they would typically go during the summer, just more frequently. In short, year-round school could save a lot of time and stress from students.

• School should be year round

I belive school should be year round because when you have year round school during the short breaks you can go to places that would be a madhouse during the summer like lego land , diney land disney world, pools! So if you say no i hope i changed your mind. Because i firmly believe no

• It's not really year round!!!

Year round school has the same amount of vacation as normal school does!!! If we have school year round us children won't lose all our education during two whole months of playing! Some people will go on vacation, but not that many people go to on vacation for TWO whole months! At most people will go on vacation for a couple weeks (around a month). It's really a great solution! Also us children aren't all out of wack during the September. This is why I believe school should be year round

• We would have more time

Just because it is year round does not mean that we don't have more days. Instead of having two-three months off we would only have a moth off at a time. We would have frequent short breaks in between school, it is show that a lot of knowledge is lost over the long break, so shorten the breaks but just have them more frequent

• School should never be year-round.

If you take away a student's ability to have a vacation you increase the risk of burn-out. While sure, more time for education sounds good, but what about those things that cannot be taught in school? Without vacation time you take away a child's time to be with their family, to go on vacation, to learn trades outside of school, and to just be a child. Childhood is for childhood things, and it should remain that way.

• School should not be year around

When you have year long school you don't get a break to have fun. Kids should be able to have fun a not have to go to school every day of the year. Also if kids don't have time off from school they won't be able to spend time with their parents. We kids need time to break and have family time. It would be boring. We also need time to let our minds and to have some fun. I think year round school would stink because we would have no break.

• I like turtles

Turtles are really cool. They walk around everywhere and maybe eat some lettuce. So,stiles they will just go for a swim or just sleep. Turtles live for a long time because they do nothing at all. Turtles is love, Turtles are life. Thank you, sponsored by turtle people at the web.

• School sucks, start a band.

• Should school be year round

No because kids need breaks from school and it will be hard for students to study for many straight days. Kids work better with brakes rather with no breaks. Students get stressed out after 20 days of straight work. Their energy will go down and they will stop trying. A

• Should school be year round

• Why not to have year round school

People need to know that school is a place where you get bullied and pushed around !!People need to know every criticall little thing about school !!And that is all you need to know about school all you need to know is that it is bad GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE

• Omg no just now idiots!

Ok so this is so annoying we should not have year round schools because it will ruin our short lives! I mean seriously my school is freaking bankrupt for petes sakes! I would be forced to go to the nearest poorest school in history! I am rich and forced to go to a poor school in mcfarland!

• I think that there shouldn't be year round school because

We kids need time to break and have family time. It would be boring to be in school on days where you usually wouldn't be if u were at a non year round school. We also need time to let our minds settle and to have some fun. I think year round school would stink because, even though there would be often breaks, they wouldn't be connected to make there be more time to do stuff because you would have to wait for a while in between.