• Yes, year-round school is a sound idea.

If children go to school year-round, it is much more likely that they will retain the information they learn in class, instead of forgetting most of it over the three months of summer vacation. The beginning of the school year is usually spent reviewing the material that students learned in the previous school year, which results in wasted time for teachers, parents and students.

• Yes

It should be year round so that students do not have to relearn the information that the learned at the end of the previous school year. A lot of time is wasted in school those first couple weeks back from summer vacation relearning what they did the previous year. Year round school would stop this from happening.

• School should be year round.

Kids will still get breaks if school is year round. Teachers have to teach topics that were already tought. Also the longer the tike off the more you forget. I fwe had schools year round we would be done with school faster and have more of a break than summer break. I am a student and I SAY YES!!!!!!!!!

• It is fun

I like to go to school year round because then you don't forget everything that you have learned over the summer, and also you don't get really tired and bored of the three month long summer vacation. It can let you have more time with your family during the frequent vacations, too.

• Yes please this is awesome!

This can really help boost our intelligence. As a student I don't like having a long time in between breaks, so with year-round school we can have much more frequent breaks even if they are short. I think this idea is great and our school should totally switch to all round school.

• You loose information

When I go back to school I usually get in math and me teacher is like Delaney, please do the problem on the board an i have no idea how to even begin it. Say school was year round, then I could maintain all the facts that I learned so far.

• It's not 24/7

Okay so after reading these comments, it seems like most people on the no side don't know what year round school is. It's Monday- Friday 8am to 4pm. Not on weekends. Kids still get breaks, usually the breaks are an entire week once every month AND two- three weeks during a summer month. Students will still get time with their family AND can go on vacation. Year round schooling is preparing students for college and work life. As a college student myself I have class every day, including summers and yes I do get breaks every few months. It's not like I'm shipped off to a boarding school where I live there and go to school. Work life is exactly like year long school. You are required to work every single day for the entire year, excluding weekends, and you get little breaks here and there. Year round school is EXTREMELY beneficial.

• Yes School should be year-round

School concepts are lost during those "long" summer breaks. Students would be able to retain knowledge that they need to suceed in higher levels easier. THe frequent breaks would help deal with the stress caused by school and students could spend more time with friends and family over the breaks.

• We should have year round school

Have it because by having year round school we will have time to spend with our family in the often happening short vacations . Also we would not have lots of stress in finishing our homework since we can do it on our vacation. It is not really year round, it is basically school with short breaks happening maybe once a month.

I love Peacock

• If I ok a vote..

I was searching this for a while and saw that the same amount of days go into the made a change so that you have a much better chance to retain the memory you get from it, which makes it so you don't have to review what you did last year all the time.

• School should never be year-round.

If you take away a student's ability to have a vacation you increase the risk of burn-out. While sure, more time for education sounds good, but what about those things that cannot be taught in school? Without vacation time you take away a child's time to be with their family, to go on vacation, to learn trades outside of school, and to just be a child. Childhood is for childhood things, and it should remain that way.

• Children should not go to school. It is a place to learn not a jail where you stay the rest of your life.

There are so many reasons but a one is that, people need a break and not just students... Teachers. Another reason is that kids should get more exercise. Yes school is important but there are also more important things in life other than school and grades. People need a break.

• No school !!!

No kids should go to school all year round because kids would get less exercise and be less active. They would also develop stress. Vacation would give kids a mental break this is why kids should not go go to school year round I know I wouldn't want to !!!!!!!

• School shouldn't be all year long.

Yes it would be good because they would be able to remember all of it. But if they don't get time to rest their brain then they won't keep up. Like kids who do good in school with spring break and everything with out summer. They are going to get bored of it and just start guessing on stuff. The smart people if they can't rest their brain then they over work the brain then pop they guess.

• School is okay but I don't like year round school

Year round schools cost way more than traditional schools do. If students play sports during the summer they will possibly have to quit the sport. Also year round school puts more stress on students. Summer matters to students. Many kids wait and wait for summer to come but if they go to a year round school they only get 3 weeks for summer.

• I am a student and I love school! But I do not think that year-round schools are a good idea.

I do not think that this is a bad idea but it is not a good idea either. A few good things about this idea is that students tend to forget a lot during summer break if they aren't doing extra studies. 27 percent of the world say yes! That this is a good idea. But i dont

• No we need summer

We need time for stuff. Students get bullied too much during school they need to have time to forget about their bullies. Also we have to have time to spend with friends and family. They may get longer breaks but it doesn't give students time to be free of all the school stress.

• School is all ready ten months.

School is very long as it is but to make a year round that would be unfair to the students and wouldn't have time to spend with their families and wouldn't have any breaks. I don't think school should be year round also because they wouldn't be having fun with more school work also parent's would not appreciate having their kid's coming home with a bunch of homework every day.

• School is all ready ten months.

• No school should not be year round

I think that school should not be year round i think this because if students go to school in the summer it will cost the school lots of money that some don't have to by air conditioner or fans. The summer break is time for teachers to take a break and get ready for the next class that their going to have.