• Kid need to live!

They need seat belts because about 1,000 kids are injured and 5 a year are killed in school bus crashes. I watched a video on YT on school bus crash test with some kids with and without seat belts. On rare occasions when the bus flips kids won’t fly every where. This is a fact,
    more kids will live. Thank you for your time.

• Yes they should

So it is the law. Over 2,000 kids are killed in crashes. It would prevent such a high number of deaths in crashes. Bus drivers have them so why don´t students? They could get killed if the bus were to crash, right? That is why I feel that school buses should have seat belts.

• Yes! It is safer

Why is it required for people to wear seat belts in a car/truck but not required for buses. Seat belts save lives and not just in cars, but they could save lives in buses as well. Many children ride these buses and are put at risk every single time. We need to make seat belts required!

• Yes they should.

I was near Chattanooga when that terrible accident in the picture above happened. More than half a dozen children were killed. Needless to say, the county is headed for a lawsuit. Children should at least have the option of being buckled in their seats as that would help prevent such a high number of deaths like those in these types of situations.

• It's too much hassle.

How is the driver going to enforce a rule saying students have to wear seat belts? That would also make the bus driver less focused on the road, which isn't a good thought. As DrKaboom44 said, students will vandalize seat belts too. They vandalize seats and windows from my experience riding a school bus, why would seat belts be spared? How much would these seat belts cost taxpayers to put in all of America's school buses? Too much trouble and money.

• No, Im a student

I think if students actually used them then it would be worth it, but most student's would cut them, not use them, rip them off and overall would just not use them. It would just be a waste to put seat belts on all of the school buses when no student will use them.