• Why School Should Be Shorter

School days should definitely be shorter and everyone agrees. There is a large amount of wasted time during the school day. Everyone would benefit from a shorter day. Students would get home much faster and have more time for homework and other activities after school. Teachers would also have more extra time to grade papers and come up with new, fun assignments. Both teachers and students agree that the day should be shorter.
    Studies show that over-working students can actually hurt their learning by “burning the students out.” It would be more beneficial to students’ learning to have shorter days. Everyone could still get the same amount of learning done. Teachers would be able to assign more homework and more projects because students would have so much extra time after school.
    Shorter school days would lead to healthier students. Because of the shortened school days, students would have more time to be active after school. The shorter school days would also benefit our sports teams. Teams of all sports would have more time to practice.
    The shorter school days would also lead to students having more fun after school. This extra fun would eliminate stress. Stress can cause many problems such as causing grades to fall. Stress can also lead to personal problems such as weight gain and problems at home or with friends. With a shortened school day, there would be less of all of these problems.
    Shortened school days would also benefit the amount of sleep everyone gets. With after school activities and homework, many students are staying up much later than they should. With a shortened school day, students would be able to finish all of their work and activities earlier and would be able to get more sleep. As Benjamin Franklin says, “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man (or student) healthy, wealthy, and wise.” This extra sleep would be a huge help to everyone including students, teachers, and administrators. The extra sleep would lower stress levels and give everyone more energy.
    The shortened school day would also allow students and teachers to spend more time with their families. With after school activities and homework many students find it hard to spend time with their family. In a time where everyone is getting less social and more into technology, the long school day does not help to promote spending time with family. Studies show that students who spend time with their family on a regular basis are less likely to do drugs, drop out of school, lie, cheat, or steal. The extra time spent with the family would be appreciated by all.
    School days are much longer than they should be. A shortened school day would benefit everyone at the school, including students, teachers, and administrators. The extra time after school would help all of these people in everything from sports to stress to family. A shortened school day is a great idea that would be appreciated by all.

• YESSSSSSSSSSS shorter dayssss

Less school, less work, less stress, and if the school day doesnt end shorter, it leads to students staying up late doing hw, but if the school day did end early the student could get all his/her hw done early and get more sleep wich gives them more energy for the day.

• Yes, school should be short.

I think kids need to at least have 4 hours of school so we can learn and see our family before we go to bed and have the same thing happen again over again, and we should maybe have less homework to do so we can be kids while we are.

• School days should definitely be shorter.

There are many students with after school activities or helping sessions after school almost every day. Some of them even last for hours after school. With the school days being so long, some of the students don’t get home until almost 6:00 o’clock. Once they get home they usually have homework too, that usually gets finished by 7:00 or 8:00 o’clock. Then with all of the things you do at night like eat dinner and get a shower, you won’t get to bed until almost 11:00 o’clock. There are a few benefits of shortening the school days. One benefit is getting home earlier to do what you need to do before going to school the following day. Another benefit of getting home earlier is getting to study longer, which could also make your grades rise. The last benefit is getting able to spend more time with your family. We all know schoolwork comes first but there also has to be time in your schedule for your family too.

• Sports, famliy, doctors, hair cuts.

Famliy,sports,haircuts,doctors,dirtbike races,jobs,friends jeff needs me at home, i want to play with my dog,video games,life i mean come on.More time on home work, i can ride my ramps on my scooter. Jeff needs me bad.Having funn in life, youtube,mussicaly,in want to go home earlyer i mean life would be better in ways, i would get to see mom and dad

• Whatever the first guy said

• Homework needs to get decreased

Schools have to much homework so if u get out of school at 1:30 then u don't get your homework done till 3 or 4 pm.I think that if we didn't have any homework than it would help us to be more active and be more interactive with our family members

• School days should be shorter

Children would be much more healthy.When students go out to recess,Its only a fraction of the time students should play outside.Going home earlier would allow kids to keep healthy knowledge,and good health.Its better than staying inside all day with barely any outside play.Students should be able to see their parents more than staring at a whiteboard,and they should be as healthy as possible

• Shorter days are needed !!!!

I am a child that is suffering now with these long school days. I have to wake up at 5 and leave my ouse by 5:30 in order to make it to school on time. By the time i get out of school and finish my activities after school i get home at 11. Then i am too tired to even do hw or even study for a test if we have one the next day.

• School days should be made shorter

I think school days should be made shorter because kids cant study when they learn a lot and then have to remember it and then do homework. And some kids have after school activities. So after their back at around 7 o clock and then have homework and have to go to bed

• No

Children already are lacking in education, shortening the school day would decrease the amount of time a child has to learn. With the decrease funding in education, our school days have already been cut which ultimately hurts the children. We need to increase funding in order to pay our teachers for the longer hours.

• What's wrong with you people?

You guys want no homework for students. Then you want shorter school days. And then you want students to be paid to go to school. This is all crap. The students SHOULD get homework, SHOULD have school for 6.5 hours, SHOULD go to school without pay. How can students learn with no homework and 3 hours of school?

• I say no to shorter days.

I do not think we need shorter days because, if the days happened to be shorter kids would have more free time where they would play video games, sleep, watch tv etc.. Things that well aren't going to get you a good job. Kids need more time in school to focus on things that are way more important then sitting around doing nothing. Yes sometimes i agree school days are long but honestly when I think actually think about they should be longer beause now a days kids forget what they learn't so quick. Thinking i'm pretty sure lots of kids arent going to have decent jobs when they are older due to lac of education. Also the school sceduals should be moved around so they learn the more important things when they can focus better not right when they wake up. Thank you.

• No shorter school days.

Kids will get more education. The kids will also have a longer summer if the school days are longer! Also, if they have more time in school, they will have more work to do and have more time to be with their friends which means less homework. They will have more friend time.

• I do not believe shorter days produce positive learning

Students today have too much distraction at home and some (many) do not have the tutoring or encouragement needed to make education important. Our country is falling behind. Other countries who emphasize education and make it a priority are showing higher results in learning and improvement to their economy directly. Being strict and reinforcing rules is not an option. This is part of the lack of students pursuing an education.

• No

School days should not be shorter. Over the years, they have seemed to shorten as it is, and I don't believe kids are getting a proper amount of knowledge in their classes. To shorten the classes anymore would certainly not benefit the students any. I think the length school days is just fine.

• We should have shorter days of school

We need some break time!!!!! Because some of us kids need some time to just spend time with are families and it gives us time to do are homework and time for the teachers too and the adults should also have a shorter day to work so they can take a break too because I bet they are tried of working and also want some times to spend with their familes

• No less school days

I know that school is boring but it helps you a lot.If you don't go to school your won't get any education and without education you won't learn anything at all, so school shouldn't have less days of school, it would be impossible without schools so school is really great.

• It can be Stressful!

I'm 14 and currently studying for my GCSEs and having shorter days would help me so much!

It gets really stressful when I have homework to complete and revision to do. I am generally considered a smart person (I'm not trying to brag) and I'm in top sets for my classes which means I do get a lot of homework and I'm expected to do well in my exams which puts a lot of pressure on me. Having shorter days at school will give me more time to complete my homework and revise.

Last Sunday I spent all day up to 12:20am trying to complete my Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English, Maths and Art homework! Which meant I only got around an hours sleep because I got into bed so late!!
    Try going through a full 7 hours of hard work running on only 1 hour sleep!!

I also have after school clubs and Duke Of Edinburgh work to complete in the little amount of time I have after school. If you don't think that we do enough during and after school then you aren't listening to any of us who actually do a lot of work!

• No school should not be shorter

I think that school should not be shorten because at school we normally get a break every two periods the first break which is recess we get a least half an hour after another two period we get another break which is lunch we get to have our lunch and an hour to play and relax so there is no reason for you students to said that school is too tried and don't get enough time to relax. Also I think that school is good place for students to meet new friends and to learn more things form other people.

ASHLEYDUBH says2015-12-10T20:51:14.953
HAI