• For very good reasons

Number one: just saying it shouldn't is not good enough for school not to start later
    number two:it is scientifically proven that teens need at least eight and one half to nine and one fourth of an hour
    number three: if some people do not get enough sleep they will fall asleep in class.
    -12 year old

• Yes it should

Research shows that during the 7 am hours that teen melatonin levels are still sending sleep signals to the brain and putting our education in jeopardy. If we had just a little more time in bed then it would make it a whole lot easier to sit in a classroom and learn. Plus, most teens don't get their full 9 1/2 hours of sleep every night.

• School should start later

I think this because some kids do not have enough time to sleep at night. Kids should get to go to school at a time that is allowing them to get enough sleep.Also when kids wake up they may not have enough time to eat breakfast. Thats why i think school should start later

• I Hate getting up early

I hate getting up early every morning. Everyone in my house does. I wake up at 7:00 am. I feel bad for my sister she gets up at 5:30am (she doesn't need to her school starts at 7:30am). I wish I still went to elementary school when it started at 9:00 am it was a lot better.

• Isn't Sleep Deprivation getting serious?

Don't you think that the number of teens and children who are facing severe sleep deprivation is rising too fast? Students are cracking under pressure and can't cope with the given work as they just don't get enough sleep. If we can help that, why don't we? Don't you agree?

• School Should Start Later!!!!!!!!

School is really hard for kids because ass the years get on the homework and assignments get harder and the stress will get to the kids and if there up all night they could only get 2-4 hours of sleep and they might sleep in class and if they do they could miss important information.
    Thankyou for reading and hope you like it ;-)

• School Should Not Start Later

I think that school should start at the time it currently does, because you must remember that if school were to start later, it would also be required to end later. That would give students even less time in the afternoon and evening to attend after-school activities, complete school work, and spend time with family, and do other things in a student's busy life, causing them to stay up even later. Consequently, we would be right back to where we started, with students not getting enough sleep.

• Yes! Sleep is good!

Have you ever wondered why we need alarm clocks? We need alarm clocks to wake us up because it is not the time that we naturally wake up. Ever since the dawn of time men awoke and slept with the sun. This is the way its meant to be. When we don't get enough sleep we aren't productive. This is why school should start later. Starting them early is just a waste of resources. Studies have shown that kids aren't completely awake and ready to learn until after 10:00 am. When schools are running, but aren't fulfilling their resources they are wasting money that could be going to better uses.

• Elelel lelele lelelel

Of course it should Like many other people, I think school should start later in the day. My school starts at 7:45 and I wake up at 6:20 am. I find it difficult to get dressed, feed my dog, get my lunch packed, get my coat on, etc. before the bus comes at 7:05. I go to bed at 10 and I never find it easy to get up at 6:20 in the morning. I usually turn my alarm off and go back to sleep. But when I get to school, I find myself very tired again. I can't focus because I'm busy thinking about sleep and how hungry I am because I missed breakfast (everyday). But if school started later, I would have time to do all that and more. So yes, I'm 150% for school starting later in the day.
    Report Post

• Of course it should

Like many other people, I think school should start later in the day. My school starts at 7:45 and I wake up at 6:20 am. I find it difficult to get dressed, feed my dog, get my lunch packed, get my coat on, etc. before the bus comes at 7:05. I go to bed at 10 and I never find it easy to get up at 6:20 in the morning. I usually turn my alarm off and go back to sleep. But when I get to school, I find myself very tired again. I can't focus because I'm busy thinking about sleep and how hungry I am because I missed breakfast (everyday). But if school started later, I would have time to do all that and more. So yes, I'm 150% for school starting later in the day.

• It's not the clock's fault you're late.

The school start time is perfect the way it is. No one likes to have to get up early, not even the people who work at the school. But no one likes having their nights or evenings monopolized by work or school, either. The current start times for school do not need to be changed. Your priorities to get enough sleep the night before? Those do need a change!

• No it shouldnt

It shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt it shouldnt

• No plz No

I am 15 years old and I don't want school to start late. Crazy Right?! Yeah well, it's true. I want to hang out with my friends and my boyfriend, finish my homework and sleep well. You only need 7 hours of sleep to be successful, it's even proven by scientists.

• No it is proven

I am a 12 year-old girl and I don't want school to start later. Crazy Right? After school I want to have time to hangout with my friends and finish my homework on time. It is proven by scientists that to be active for a day, you only need 7 hours of sleep each night.

• Getting Into a Routine

Waking up at 9:00am on a school day is most school childrens dreams - Well not mine. I have been waking up at 6am on a school day for 9 years and to have the school times changed that means i have to get used to a brand new routine

• School shouldn't start earlier

Parents can not take kids to school earlier, because they have to get to work. An earlier start time would be better, because then parents can drop off kids at school, and still get to work on time. Basically, an earlier school start time is a terrible, god awful idea.

• No no no no

Gyfdsgvjkgjkdgrhfwvkfhbhghjbgbhrkgurhgjr ryejk hgjhfg hrej ghtbgrhgj uigheughbd fuigtjhb h h h h h h gjltrjh tutuituijhng ghuj gofgbjhfbjhd ff uidfgufgduhfgduh gdfguidfgs ui uidfuhdfgyuhfgyudf yu yu dfgyudfguhdfgyuhdfuhfsdjk fyu guidfugduhdsfhhkhsdfhsdf h fghdfhf hfhf hfhf fhfh hio hih ihihihi ihihihi hihihihi hi hih ihih hihihihihihi ihih hih ihih h ihih ihi hih ih ihi

• Nope nope nope

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no i don't feel like typing the reasons just NO!!!!!!!

• Elelel lelele lelelel

Report Post

• No, no, no

Many kids will simply go to bed later because they will think "oh, i can stay up later because i have school later" which is a terrible habit yo have in the morning. Along the same time, kids may get home after their parents, so they do not have as much recommended family time as they should.