• As a fellow student...

The fact that I have to wake up before the sun is out is atrocious. I also have insomnia, so that doesn't help. I sometimes run on thirty minutes of sleep. Taking the time back an hour or two won't change the sports efficiency either. It will probably make it better.

• Yes schools should start later

Because It is said by the sleep foundation that Teens only get 7 or less hours of sleep when it is proven we need 9 1/4 hours of sleep to be fully recharged. The Sleep Foundation also says that "Schools that have set later bell times find that students do not go to bed later, but get one hour more of sleep per school night, which means five hours more per week."

• Yes we should

It has been scientifically proven that students especially pre-teens and teens have a better academic performance when they go to sleep later and get up later.Students have better behaviors and better attitudes towards learning when they get more sleep. Also there would not be as many students falling asleep in class We should go to school later

• I am a student...

I cant think in the morning. I have to get up at 5 in the morning and its not fun, and i cant do anything about it. One time i did not wake up till 8:30 and i went to school and i felt a lot better in the classroom.

• I am a student...

• School should start later so teenagers can get more sleep at night.

Teenagers need at least 9.25 hours of sleep per night, not 10-12, says The National Sleep Foundation as of May 2014. If school started at least one hour later, that's at least one more hour of sleep a teen could get every night. A lot of teenagers also drive themselves to school, so parents wouldn't have to worry about going in to work late to take their child to school.

• Yes school should start later

•Biological sleep patterns shift toward later times for both sleeping and waking during adolescence -- meaning it is natural to not be able to fall asleep before 11:00 pm.
    •Teens need about 9 1/4 hours of sleep each night to function best (for some, 8 1/2 hours is enough). Most teens do not get enough sleep — one study found that only 15% reported sleeping 8 1/2 hours on school nights.

• School should not start later in the day

Schools should not start later during the day. It is proven that students and people who go to school in the morning are much more active and not foggy minded as someone later during the day. It is the time when your brain has had en entire night of rest and is ready to accept new incoming information.

• Ben told me not to lol jk teenagers have to do economic activities after school

U should not cause actually cause students mostly teenagers have work after school economic activities when the school time is ten to five the students don't get time to earn a little or more money. When some students work in the morning but that doesn't make any sense cause anyway the wake up at the same time but they go do economic activities.

• No , it can't.

Well, it could, but some teenagers are born later in the year so they get their drivers licenses later, and some kids/teens must get a ride from their parent/relative, so most likely it wouldn't work. And the 8-5 schedule COULD WORK. Some parents want their teens to get 10 he's of sleep per night, while most teens only need 8.5-9.5 hours average. So that's why I keep as is,

• Not at all

Some people have activity's after school and if it starts later in the day it either ends too early or it end at night. And that might not work for other people . And that is why we should not start school later in the day . ( well that is what i think thanks for reading).

• No, school should not start later in the day.

School should not start later in the day because many parents would not be able to drive their kids to school if it started later. This would make it difficult for some kids to get to school at all. Sometimes bus stops are not set up in safe locations. This is a bad idea.